Found Deceased WA - Shun Riley 35, from CA on work trip, left Comfort Inn 2:40am in apparent distress, pers items left behind, seen Manasco Dr, Kelso, 9 May 2024

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score

(Family members are posting in comments on Kelso PD FB. There are several pictures in the comments.)

Around 2:40 a.m. on Thursday, the Kelso Police Department said that 35-year-old Shun Riley of California was last seen exiting a Comfort Inn & Suites at the Three Rivers Mall complex by Manasco Drive. Police said that in the security camera footage, Riley appeared to be in “extreme distress.”

Mary (wife) and her sister Myeshia, along with other family members, bought a one-way ticket to Washington to search for Riley. Flyers now cover the area. Riley left most of his belongings in his hotel room, even his shoes.

Riley's family said that he does not have a history with drugs or mental illness.
“I’ve been with him 12 years and I never came across no mental illness, no drugs ... we've got four kids,” Mary explained.

See article & video for more.

I was raised in that area. I stayed at another hotel at the Three Rivers Mall while my Dad was in assisted living in Kelso. It's a fairly nice area. I felt quite safe walking from my hotel to the Safeway to pick up a salad for supper. There were a lot of panhandlers at the exit/entrances to the freeway (Interstate 5) which goes right through there. It's a popular stop on the drive from Portland to Seattle for gas or a quick bite to eat, so a lot of vehicle traffic on and off the freeway.

No updates since 2016 but this is his FB page. He has a beautiful family. Shun D O Riley

MAY 13, 2024
Riley was in Washington doing remote work for an oil company. Before he disappeared, his wife Mary received a disturbing phone call.

“I felt like it was in his pocket — it was a lot of rambling for like three minutes. I hung up and called back, calling his name out and I hear, ‘Go this way, go this way’ so I assumed something happened," Mary said. "I called the hotel, 'Can you do a wellness check on my husband' at 3 in the morning. They said his room was unlocked and he’s not in there."

MAY 13, 2024
Riley was in Washington doing remote work for an oil company. Before he disappeared, his wife Mary received a disturbing phone call.

“I felt like it was in his pocket — it was a lot of rambling for like three minutes. I hung up and called back, calling his name out and I hear, ‘Go this way, go this way’ so I assumed something happened," Mary said. "I called the hotel, 'Can you do a wellness check on my husband' at 3 in the morning. They said his room was unlocked and he’s not in there."
I wonder what "in distress" means. Someone could look like they were in distress if they were holding their stomach and looking physically ill, or if they look confused and didn't appear to know where they were, or if they looked fearful and like they were trying to get away (and probably a lot more possibilities).

The phone call to his wife is indeed disturbing. His saying, "Go this way, go this way," could indicate he's confused and talking to himself. Or maybe he was with another person and they were trying to get away from someone.

I hope he's found safe. He's been missing almost a week.

I wonder if he took sleeping pills. If so, certainly the police have discovered a bottle. Lots of weird things happen to people when
they are on them.

The river in the back is very concerning.

Sad news. :(

KELSO, Wash — The 35-year-old man who was last seen leaving a hotel in Washington has been found dead more than a week after his disappearance, according to the Kelso Police Department.

Police said that Shun Riley's body was located in the Coweeman River near Manasco Drive on Saturday around 3:13 p.m.

The cause of his death has not been determined, and the investigation is ongoing, police said. The family is asking for privacy at this time.

Missing California man who was doing remote work in Kelso found dead​

"Police said that Shun Riley's body was located in the Coweeman River near Manasco Drive on Saturday around 3:13 p.m.
The cause of his death has not been determined, and the investigation is ongoing, police said. The family is asking for privacy at this time."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back