WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
And do children need passports if travelling into Canada by automobile? [/B]

still no where near caught up on the thread so forgive me if this has been discussed already.

Not unless said child/children weren't born in the U.S. Typically, a birth certificate is sufficient. Same for adults, but photo I.D. is required, too (driver's license, state-issued photo I.D.). Most U.S. citizens can also travel by plane/ship to Canada, Mexico, and most islands in the Caribbean without an official passport, but the passport "card" is required (not as expensive but very restrictive in terms of where one can travel).

I haven't had a child in daycare or preschool in years but I do know in this area you pay for the daycare/preschool regardless of whether your child is there or not. If you don't pay, you lose your "slot" and it goes to another child. So who's been paying all this time for this care? and were they aware they were paying for services not being used?

Yes, this is true. It is hard to get into day cares around some parts of town too- usually there is a wait list. When I had my kids in day cares in downtown Seattle it cost me $1800 a month for 2 kiddos full-time.

:tyou: Nursie!

I think since Dad has an attorney who stated Dad worked to block a removal of the kids from the state it's probably likely both children are entered into the CPIAP list.

Theoretically when a parent is leaving the country (or even a certain mileage outside court jurisdiction depending on state law) the primary parent should have custodial agreements with them. CBSA is supposed to question parents whom are entering Canada with children but I have a sneaking suspicion it probably isn't well monitored. JMO

Russia doesn't entertain the visa waiver program though so it is my understanding that Mom and any children traveling with her would need both valid passports and visas just to enter Russia. In order to be granted visas she would have had to make application to the Russian Embassy and they would have checked her custodial status.
bumping for cubby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members