WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else find it odd that LE said questioning the 4yo was "frustrating"? I can't imagine they really expected to get too much info from a child that young. And even if she did tell them something, how credible would that information be?? It just struck me as strange to phrase it that way - frustrating. It seems a bit off but maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

I thought it was a weird thing to say too. I can see why this whole case would be frustrating to LE with so much um...stuff to wade through. But I thought it was odd that they characterized their questioning of a child that way. I think that if they expected to get good solid info from a 4 year-old that most of us are pretty safely assuming has been manipulated and used as a pawn, then they were expecting way too much.

Did I read someplace that she did not have her purse with her? Did she have an insurance card, or some other method of obtaining medical care for the baby at the hospital she was allegedly going to?

Yep, she conveniently left her phone and purse at home. I guess it didn't occur to her that she might need an insurance card, ID or any form of payment to take her son to the doctor. (Sorry for the sarcasm, just can't seem to help it with this one.)

It says LE believes this child has been coached if they want her to remain in state care. Effectively at the moment I think any insights she could provide are useless to LE. I really, really hope they're seeking counseling for her if it hasn't been set up already.

Did I read someplace that she did not have her purse with her? Did she have an insurance card, or some other method of obtaining medical care for the baby at the hospital she was allegedly going to?

Yep. She left her phone and purse at home. You would expect that of an emergency. Like a broken arm, bleeder OMG Ive got to the to the ER now. I once forgot to put shoes on when my son busted his face. But, she was not taking him to the nearest ER and he was just "ill".

I am hoping that there is some grocery store, Target, Wal-Mart etc., that has surveillance video of JB going food shopping at some point within the last month.

I have a feeling if they do find a surveillance video it will show JB alone because she left the kids home alone.

It says LE believes this child has been coached if they want her to remain in state care. Effectively at the moment I think any insights she could provide are useless to LE. I really, really hope they're seeking counseling for her if it hasn't been set up already.

I havent read that but totally knew that anyway. Its obvious. That child is going to need some serious therapy. So sad.

It's almost like her life has been a facade.Being the perfect mom, having the nice house, family, hubby,beautiful children, until the walls started crashing in somewhere in 2010. Obviously she has some sort of mental illness IMO and I agree her friendship with Shelby is along the lines of keeping up with the "Jonses" if you will. I also believe Shelby is a victim in all this mental mess.

Is there information about Shelbi out that I'm not seeing? Where are you getting this info?

Yep. She left her phone and purse at home. You would expect that of an emergency. Like a broken arm, bleeder OMG Ive got to the to the ER now. I once forgot to put shoes on when my son busted his face. But, she was not taking him to the nearest ER and he was just "ill".

Seems you would always grab your phone just by instinct, especially in an emergency, to me anyway. Just in case you needed help along the way or the child became more distressed/ill?

I really, really want to know who the friend was that mom emailed that morning to tell of Sky's illness. It really seems she was working hard at setting a scene of sorts.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that if this was some grand plan to sneak little Sky to a 'safe' location away from the 'abusive' father, or to sneak him out of his allegedly abusive father's grasp, she'd have formulated a better scenerio/set up that didn't actually show her/force her to admit neglecting/endangering the very child she so desperately wants to hide?

And weren't the alleged abuse allegations dropped against the father, as in, they didn't pan out?

I do know that the mother HAS admitted to child neglect. Or at least, my understanding of child neglect. Leaving a 2 and 4 year old unattended for extended periods of time is neglect. As would be leaving a sick baby (or a healthy baby) in an unlocked car on the side of the road. Whether Sky was really in that car Sunday morning or not, saying he was, and that he was sick, and then abandoning him in the unlocked car for over an hour, would be confessing to neglect!

If this was all pre planned, I don't know how she expected to not get arrested for, at the very least, child endangerment.

No purse, no phone, maybe she thought there already were records on file?

Sounds like a good excuse for me...NOT

I'd like to know if HRD specifically have been brought in...and where.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that if this was some grand plan to sneak little Sky to a 'safe' location away from the 'abusive' father, or to sneak him out of his allegedly abusive father's grasp, she'd have formulated a better scenerio/set up that didn't actually show her/force her to admit neglecting/endangering the very child she so desperately wants to hide?

And weren't the alleged abuse allegations dropped against the father, as in, they didn't pan out?

I do know that the mother HAS admitted to child neglect. Or at least, my understanding of child neglect. Leaving a 2 and 4 year old unattended for extended periods of time is neglect. As would be leaving a sick baby (or a healthy baby) in an unlocked car on the side of the road. Whether Sky was really in that car Sunday morning or not, saying he was, and that he was sick, and then abandoning him in the unlocked car for over an hour, would be confessing to neglect!

If this was all pre planned, I don't know how she expected to not get arrested for, at the very least, child endangerment.

BBM - Yes, there was a link posted earlier that stated he was investigated and cleared of the abuse allegations. I will try to find it.

I really, really want to know who the friend was that mom emailed that morning to tell of Sky's illness. It really seems she was working hard at setting a scene of sorts.

Yeah, nothing like being your own alibi. "See! He was sick. I said so right here in this email!"

I 100% agree with you. It would make sense if it was S.....

THEORY:: I wonder if poor little daughter M was told by coaching Mommy that if she said anything different about Sky, little daughter might be arrested by the big, bad police. That would scare any child, especially a 4-year-old.

Thank you Magdalyn, I too am pretty sure that I read that the abuse charges against SM were dropped and found to be unsubstantiated. I would love to really understand all of this, but it is just plain too convoluted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther