WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
the law and order episode people have been talking about is finally on just now (im in the uk so we are always behind) cant wait to see if there are any similarities.

really hope this little one is found soon.too many innocent kids disappear without a trace :praying:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I'm going to defend the dad's attorney here and the dad, sort of separate them out from the group (although I get and agree with your sentiment). From what I have seen from the docket and from what I have heard from the lawyer and the dad and other news reports, they did everything they possibly could. Had dad take polygraphs, undergo child custody investigations/evaluations, file for divorce when she started acting crazy and when she then demanded custody, filing declarations, demanding a review of her medical records (which were then placed on file) cooperating with a CPS investigation or two or three, etc. etc.

Sadly, sometimes the system does not listen. And when they make a decision, which could be influenced by subjective perception, prejudice, etc., they get very defensive and more entrenched when that decision is questioned.

Just look at this thread. Here we have:

1. A mom whose child went missing in her custody, dad hadn't seen the child in 10 months.
2. Mom admits to having left the child alone, sick, on the side of the highway, taking only one child with her.
3. Mom claims the car ran out of gas but it had plenty of gas and there was no gas can at the car.
4. Mom claims she was whisking her sick baby to the hospital but she passed closer ones and did not bother to take a cell phone.
5. Mom kept the children from dad by making ever increasing allegations of domestic violence and child abuse against him, including, eventually, even sexual abuse of the little daughter.
6. Said mom then requests that her daughter be placed in the custody of the abusive father, not in foster care.
7. Said mom also agreed to every other weekend visitation just before Sky was reported missing.
8. Dad claims that he had to file for divorce after his very ill wife had to be hospitalized, stated she had thoughts of strangling their son and could not care for the kids, but then demanded that they be in her care.
9. Dad begged the court to listen, stating he feared something bad would happen to the kids unless the court intervened.
11. In the meantime, mom taped herself alienating her child during custody exchanges, whipping her daughter into a frenzy of hysterics. She published that for all the world to hear.
12. The court finally did intervene. After reviewing all the evidence, it apparently was determined that yes, mother had a severe mental illness, but she could effectively parent. Dad had a restraining order issued against him. Justice, according to the mother, was served and she was awarded primary custody. And now Sky is missing.
13. Since Sky went missing, the father has cooperated fully, sitting for two polygraphs. He has spoken to the media, choking back tears, talking about his little "dude" and trying, heartbreakingly, to stay positive and believe his little boy is coming home. We haven't seen mom at all, she refuses to be polygraphed and she won't come in to speak with LE face to face.

Yet despite all this, there continue to be accusations that dad was a liar about mom's mental condition, that dad abused her into mental illness, that mom is so afraid of him that she hid the child, that dad was stalking her and took the child from the car, that dad has a powerful network of Pakistani family and friends that likely forced mom to agree to the new custody arrangement, that dad's attorney fabricated his declarations, or spun them to make mom look bad, that something is "off" about dad, he seems giddy and too happy as he desperately holds out hope and begs for help from the public, etc., etc., and that if something happened to Sky, it was anything but outright, intentional murder or child abuse leading to death. Given that, is it no wonder Sky's dad and his attorney could get nowhere?

I think dad did all he could to save his kids, with the help of his attorney. I have seen this before - when the court system fails to believe and/or ultimately decides one side is more believable, and the other parent simply runs out of options, runs out of money to litigate and is left with a child or children who are so alienated that it is now traumatic to enforce visitation, they have no choice but to sit back and hope for the best, hope for a change, hope for the truth to come out.

I am afraid the truth has now come out. I wish it was different. That sweet little boy with his vulnerable, little smile just wanted to be cared for and hugged and loved and wanted. My heart breaks for him and everyone who tried to protect him.

This is the single greatest post I have ever read on these forums.

The laws that need changing are....if you need meds to function safely as to not harm yourself or others....and, you refuse to take those meds.....then you get locked up. Horror stories about insane asylums have caused such fear that these dangerous people are allowed to run amok among us. Makes no sense.

I don't know whether it's laws that need to change as much as allocation of funding that needs to change.

I remember back during the Reagan administration when funding was cut to mental health services, which resulted in patients being literally turned out onto the streets with nowhere to go, many of whom were rendered homeless.

Mental illness is not a crime - it's a disease that needs to be treated, not punished.

Unfortunately, untreated mental illness can sometimes result in tragic consequences, as might be the case here with baby Sky.

ok still reading in stunned mode and considering a man possibly scorned. I do know from past experience that the thinking and cultural devotion is deep when it comes to matters of family and "image" but I still think this man is raw in his statement and telling the truth. There could be and probably is some embellishment to get the Court's sympathy, but I just don't see a man that is at the mercy of staying in the US all this time lying under oath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg