WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought, but do not know, that all states appoint a GAL in custody issues. Maybe not all states do?

Again, HIPPA laws don't apply to police and wouldn't prevent them from telling whatever it is they want at presser.

But the HIPPA laws in WA state, do prevent the police from even knowing if she doesn't want them to.

And if she has been, there is a good chance that they can't even say that, because HIPPA laws are so strict. Not that that's a bad thing, but it can be annoying for us nosy sleuthers. :)

And if that's the case, it could be partly her attorney's doing - laying the groundwork for an insanity defense. Just speculating, of course! But the way LE was careful to say that they are confident they can reach JB via her attorney seemed intentionally worded just so. I think they know where she is, but have restricted access and are treading very cautiously.

I thought, but do not know, that all states appoint a GAL in custody issues. Maybe not all states do?

I think that it depends on how nasty it gets in court and if the parents are making accusations against one another such as what was going on in this case. The GAL acts in the child's interest and attempts to uncover the truth of the allegations being made the parents.

GALs can also be requested by a parent's attorney and in cases that I know of that there have been multiple children in bad/nasty custody cases each child had a separate GAL.

If she wasn't taking her bipolar medications or her OCD meds, most days were filled with unpredictable chaos for her family. His "nonsensical dysfunction" (as you said) was likely fireman behavior, i.e., he had to run to put out one "fire" after another that she started. Poor man.

Totally agree...but take the damn matches away. It wasn't changing anything and getting worse. She refused to let the children eat in their own house FGS!!! He kept doing the same thing ...and let many things continue to spiral downhill, ie: house, condo, etc. She was defiant in taking her meds and not helping herself nor the family. She knew her behavior wasn't normal too. IMO, he should have packed up the bags, taken the children and told her to hit the road long before he did. Tough love is just that... Maybe if he had documented his complaints with pictures (no food in frig, everyone sleeping on the floor in the living room, etc) it would have gone much better for him in the courts. Maybe he tried to hide it all in secrecy for her sake or his own bravado ...and it ended up not helping him at all. Maybe it was fear...for some reason?

IDK, maybe he had a not too bright lawyer...or he refused his lawyers advice and it's apparent CPS and the courts let him down....but he let it go too long.....and I can't help but think he may have issues of own...whether he made the decision intentionally or just not seeking help. Something was hinky with his decision making to let it get to the point it did. It's such a tragedy.......and the train derailed. I'm hoping this is exactly what LE is doing in their hesitancy....waiting for her to go off track again. (if she's not in a controlled environment already)?:sigh:

BBM
Is this state by state? My children were appointed a guardian ad litem after I requested relocation and my ex contested. They were never dependents of the state but an independent assessment was necessary, according to the court, to determine the best interests of the children. Just curious.

IL appoints them at the shared cost of the parents and I think they are the true heros in cases like this. It is worth every penny. They work for the child ONLY and see through the BS. Ours said something to me that I still keep close. On our first interview he introduced himself and said "Before we get started I want you to tell me why you are a good mom, NOT why he is a bad day." He had been around the block a time or two and knew just how to cut the BS.

I also dont really understand how she could file so many reports against her husband without being flagged. After my husband filed a false abuse report he was put into the system and if he ever made another report it would be flagged. I think WA needs a little reform. I understand funds are tight but kids should not suffer.

Also it's obvious that if Solomon is to be believed now that he lied about/covered up what was going on in the house prior to the split, at least to me it is since no one seemed to know about any of it. Then after the split he comes clean with he mental illness and the abuse and neglect but that's not bashing at that point? Yet Julia telling about abuse that she suffered and it only coming out after the split is obviously a lie? :banghead:

but according to him, she was hospitalized because he called the police on her after she confessed to dreaming about strangling sky so you can't really say no one knew of julia's problems before their divorce. i think police would have a record of that incident in their system. and julia could very well be telling the truth, but she has been proven to be a liar so you can't really blame people for doubting her story. the cps investigated julia's claims that solomon had sexually and physically abused their kids but cleared him in the end. and as others her keep mentioning, julia wanted to place her daughter in her father's care despite all her accusations of abuse against him.that should tell you about how truthful she really was in her declarations.

Totally agree...but take the damn matches away. It wasn't changing anything and getting worse. She refused to let the children eat in their own house FGS!!! He kept doing the same thing ...and let many things continue to spiral downhill, ie: house, condo, etc. She was defiant in taking her meds and not helping herself nor the family. She knew her behavior wasn't normal too. IMO, he should have packed up the bags, taken the children and told her to hit the road long before he did. Tough love is just that... Maybe if he had documented his complaints with pictures (no food in frig, everyone sleeping on the floor in the living room, etc) it would have gone much better for him in the courts. Maybe he tried to hide it all in secrecy for her sake or his own bravado ...and it ended up not helping him at all. Maybe it was fear...for some reason?

IDK, maybe he had a not too bright lawyer...or he refused his lawyers advice and it's apparent CPS and the courts let him down....but he let it go too long.....and I can't help but think he may have issues of own...whether he made the decision intentionally or just not seeking help. Something was hinky with his decision making to let it get to the point it did. It's such a tragedy.......and the train derailed. I'm hoping this is exactly what LE is doing in their hesitancy....waiting for her to go off track again. (if she's not in a controlled environment already)?:sigh:

But using that argument would I have been at fault had my ex snapped and killed our children because I stayed in an abusive relationship for 10 years?

I *did* have proof of restraining orders and calls to police. I even had his family members write affidavits expressing their concerns should he be left alone with our children. The court still gave my ex unsupervised, liberal visitation until he attempted suicide in front of his eldest child.

I certainly could not have predicted he would attempt that in front of his oldest daughter or that he would go on to commit a crime far worse that had a direct bearing on the suspension of his visitation rights. Abusive, yes, but I truly had no knowledge what he would become capable of after I initiated divorce proceedings. JMO

Camille, thanks for quoting the Washington law regarding GAL/CASA appointment. If you read the fine print it says the court "may appoint" but it is not mandatory unless the child becomes a dependent of the state.

Working on new thread, will be closing this one in a few...

Ima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member