WA WA - Tyler Christensen, 16, Mukilteo, 19 April 2016

There's a small link near the list of page numbers that says 'watch thread'. That will alert you to new posts. And you can immediately be taken to all your watched threads so you don't lose them.
I'm attaching a screenshot - look below the video, it says I watch thread. That's the link you'll hit but yours will say watch thread. Screenshot_20201220-235749.png Screenshot_20201220-235730.png

A facebook post from 2016 came up on my feed today about this case. I hope that one day the family will have answers. *new to websleuths*
Welcome to WS!
And thanks for bumping this case, i joined here with this case and still hope that some resolution will happen for the family.

Tyler's profile on NamUs:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thumbnail.jpg Thumbnail (1).jpg Thumbnail (2).jpg

On Charley Project:
Tyler Joel Christensen – The Charley Project
(Has more photos)

Details of Disappearance [all from Charley Project] :
Tyler was last seen in the 5300 block of Picnic Point Road in Edmonds, Washington at 6:30 p.m. on April 19, 2016. He said he was going to jog to a youth group meeting at his church in the 4700 block of 116th Street in Mukilteo, Washington, about a mile from his home. He never arrived.

Authorities believe he left of his own accord and took a ferry from Kingston, Washington that night. The last person known to have seen was a man who picked him up hitchhiking; the man said Tyler seemed upbeat and asked for directions to Shelton, Washington, saying he was going hiking at Olympic National Park.

In May, his dark-colored backpack was found by the High Steel Bridge near Shelton. Inside were a few emergency blankets, some food, and extra clothes.

Tyler has four sisters. He is home-schooled and his family describes him as a hardworking, creative teenager who did odd jobs for the neighbors and made furniture and other things from metal and wood. He enjoys hiking and riding his motorcycle.

He has no history of mental illness or runaway behavior. He hadn't seemed upset prior to his disappearance, and his family doesn't know why he would have run away. His case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency:
Snohomish County Sheriff's Office 425-407-3970

It's coming up on the anniversary of his disappearance. My heart goes out to his family, and I hope they will receive answers.

What makes you say that?

From what I have read on the page dedicated to him on FB , it is reasonable to think that he ran away in a moment of despair . See posts #502 and #503. In my family 7 years ago one of my nephews (17 years)
left one morning and threw himself from the top of a viaduct: his parents, of whom he was the only son, were broken by this death. Adolescence can sometimes be a cruel time.

I think the main issue with this case is the police treated it as a teen runaway situation. His twin sister Emily died two years after his disappearance. Obituary of Emily Joy Christensen | Beck's Tribute Center
That is very strange. Yes, I understand the two were very close and it would be easy to say she was despondent after he disappeared, There has been no cause of death, we can only speculate. This family was ultra religious and they were home schooled. It was handled poorly from the begining. My instincts tell me something I can not say as it is probably aginist the rules. Two young adults from the same family, one "disappears" the other dies somehow a short time later and no one really investigates. I hope the mother and the remaining daughters are safe and well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back