WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bijan Razaaghy -
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/razzaghy_bijan.html

Good find! I think the nose really resembles him. I can't tell if Bijan has the unibrow in the photo but he might. Can't tell if he has the mole on his chin in that photo, either.

(on a side note, although I dont' think Lyle suffered from a head injury leading to this, a head injury most certainly COULD lead to suicide! No suicide isn't in the list of physical symptoms of a head injury, but head injuries can cause mental issues and despair. The brain is where mental illnesses originate(as far as we know - brain chemicals, etc...), so injury to the head could certainly cause mentall illness just as it can change personality)

Thank You Laini.

I believe don't never say never, These case's you got to leave open everything that could of happened until sloved.. For the simple reason you have no idea what was going through his mind even if this is a suicide, It kind of look's that way but I seen suicide's change to murder overnight..

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]
Abstract:​
[/FONT]Almost half of people suffering head injury may later be diagnosed with neuropsychiatric
disorders. Psychiatric disturbances associated with head injury are reviewed. Authors highlight the
close link between head injury and psychiatry and provide an overview of the epidemiology, risk factors,
and mechanisms of psychiatric sequelae including cognitive deficits, substance abuse, psychoses,
mood disorders, suicide, anxiety disorders, dissociative disorders, post-concussion syndrome and
personality changes following head injury. Various neuropsychiatric sequelae are briefly discussed and

the respective treatments are outlined with emphasis on a multidisciplinary approach.

http://www.ijntonline.com/June05/abstracts/04.PDF

(on a side note, although I dont' think Lyle suffered from a head injury leading to this, a head injury most certainly COULD lead to suicide! No suicide isn't in the list of physical symptoms of a head injury, but head injuries can cause mental issues and despair. The brain is where mental illnesses originate(as far as we know - brain chemicals, etc...), so injury to the head could certainly cause mentall illness just as it can change personality)

Very true. Not just a head injury though. Any injury that causes a change in quality of life can be followed by depression and even suicide. After my ex hurt his wrist and was unable to do the work he used to do, he became depressed and had thoughts of suicide. We got him help, though. We can't really discount much of anything as far as Lyle's case goes. When I see people being negative and saying "there is no proof of this, that and the other thing...." all I can think is, there's very little proof of anything aside from the fact that he's dead. Every opinion is worthwhile, every perspective is valuable. Unless it's far out there like Lyle was an alien from Pluto, it deserves an examination. Sorry, I don't mean to lecture or rant, but Lyle's thread turns negative quite often and that bothers me.

Very true. Not just a head injury though. Any injury that causes a change in quality of life can be followed by depression and even suicide. After my ex hurt his wrist and was unable to do the work he used to do, he became depressed and had thoughts of suicide. We got him help, though. We can't really discount much of anything as far as Lyle's case goes. When I see people being negative and saying "there is no proof of this, that and the other thing...." all I can think is, there's very little proof of anything aside from the fact that he's dead. Every opinion is worthwhile, every perspective is valuable. Unless it's far out there like Lyle was an alien from Pluto, it deserves an examination. Sorry, I don't mean to lecture or rant, but Lyle's thread turns negative quite often and that bothers me.

great post, eire! I agree. (like the alien part, too. My 9 yr old would argue that is possible, too. LOL)

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1819dmid.html Patrick Beavers -this is the match I believe him to be still - I called seminole county about it last year to turn it in and they just told me it wasnt their case but they would pass the information on.

They didnt seem interested at all and even removed his page there (they had a page with blown up pics and one pic that doesnt show on doe network that resembled kyle strongly but the page has been removed now)

Patrick is originally from idaho and it even states he really loves to read and this name kyle came from a book - strong reasons I believe this is the guy.

IMO Patrick Beavers is defiantly NOT Lyle.. Patrick looks like he is a Puerto Rican or Cuban. Even if Patrick was 40 - 50 pounds lighter he still wouldn't look like Lyle.

The scars listed for the two men are different. If Lyle had a tracheotomy scar I think they would have listed it because that would be a major clue to his identity. Also the Retinitis Pigmentosa that Patrick had/has only affects about 100,000 people in the US, so if they had found it during the autopsy they would have been contacting treatment centers and doctors for information about his identity, and made it public as it would aide in his identification. That is why I think they are not the same person.

Patrick as diagnosed with incurable condition causing blindness retinitis pigmentosa. Don't know exactly what that means, but you would think they could detect this in Lyle.

I didn't think that this was Lyle either, right even when someone put as a possibility. Also the facial features are off.

If you guys had seen the third picture of patrick that was once on the seminole county web page (its been removed but the link to it is still on the doe network page) you would be taking a second look. It was better and much clearer than the 2 posted on the doe network

The third pic of patrick looked almost just like a heavier version of "lyle"s recon. You could also clearly tell he had a small amount growth showing he had a unibrow but was being plucked or shaved and it looked as if he didnt have earlobes and you could also see that he had a small mole on his face in the same place as the recon. (if you clearly look at the second pic of patrick on the doe net pic you can make out the mole also)

Then you also have the fact that patrick was going blind - it could have progressed to the point that he killed himself because it says he likes to read in the description. An avid reader would both be aware of the character the deceased named himself after as well as be quite depressed about losing sight.

Hes also from Idaho. the place lyle listed himself as being from.

As far as the tracheotomy scar - since "lyle" chose to hang himself it seems possible to me depending on how severe the scar was - it could have been missed because of trama that would be present on his neck.

I sure wouldnt rule him out and he should be checked into imo. It wouldnt hurt for sure.

If you guys had seen the third picture of patrick that was once on the seminole county web page (its been removed but the link to it is still on the doe network page) you would be taking a second look. It was better and much clearer than the 2 posted on the doe network

The third pic of patrick looked almost just like a heavier version of "lyle"s recon. You could also clearly tell he had a small amount growth showing he had a unibrow but was being plucked or shaved and it looked as if he didnt have earlobes and you could also see that he had a small mole on his face in the same place as the recon. (if you clearly look at the second pic of patrick on the doe net pic you can make out the mole also)

Then you also have the fact that patrick was going blind - it could have progressed to the point that he killed himself because it says he likes to read in the description. An avid reader would both be aware of the character the deceased named himself after as well as be quite depressed about losing sight.

Hes also from Idaho. the place lyle listed himself as being from.

As far as the tracheotomy scar - since "lyle" chose to hang himself it seems possible to me depending on how severe the scar was - it could have been missed because of trama that would be present on his neck.

I sure wouldnt rule him out and he should be checked into imo. It wouldnt hurt for sure.

Well it's people like you who follow your heart and are persistent who solve this sort of thing. If you really think it's him then you should contact every & anyone envolved with the case until you are convinced otherwise or proved correct. Good luck and keep us posted. :)

I have contacted both seminole county LE (who really wasnt interested at all said they didnt realize that pic was still on their web site and they removed it and said it wasnt their case anyway and refered me to to the local city PD where partick went missing from. I contacted them but they never responded about looking into it they just got the information. The state missing id poster for patrick in idaho has been altered where the pics arent even clear (they have been thinned and distorted see here http://www.isp.state.id.us/mp_viewer/showMissingPerson.action?id=M015087406 . The seminole county page about patrick has been completely removed (but it once had great pics which if one could see they would know why i think this is him) but the link is still there on the Doe net site to where it once was. LE seems completely uninterested in this and im guessing lack of interest in some of the older cases is why so many go unsolved.

I have contacted both seminole county LE (who really wasnt interested at all said they didnt realize that pic was still on their web site and they removed it and said it wasnt their case anyway and refered me to to the local city PD where partick went missing from. I contacted them but they never responded about looking into it they just got the information. The state missing id poster for patrick in idaho has been altered where the pics arent even clear (they have been thinned and distorted see here http://www.isp.state.id.us/mp_viewer/showMissingPerson.action?id=M015087406 . The seminole county page about patrick has been completely removed (but it once had great pics which if one could see they would know why i think this is him) but the link is still there on the Doe net site to where it once was. LE seems completely uninterested in this and im guessing lack of interest in some of the older cases is why so many go unsolved.

Well remain persistent that's all you can do.

LE seems completely uninterested in this and im guessing lack of interest in some of the older cases is why so many go unsolved.

Either that or you are dealing with some impatient LE people- just saying that could be a probability

I wanted to let you all know that an article appeared today in a New Mexico newspaper about the "Lyle" case. The paper is small and in an area where there are a lot of Navajo tribal members. They have an online edition but it's very condensed and because of that not all the articles appear online (including this one). I will be obtaining a hard copy of the paper (hopefully) and will scan the article so it can be read here. It will be interesting to see if it generates any leads within the Navajo community.

I wanted to let you all know that an article appeared today in a New Mexico newspaper about the "Lyle" case. The paper is small and in an area where there are a lot of Navajo tribal members. They have an online edition but it's very condensed and because of that not all the articles appear online (including this one). I will be obtaining a hard copy of the paper (hopefully) and will scan the article so it can be read here. It will be interesting to see if it generates any leads within the Navajo community.

I can't wait for this!!

I showed my mom his two reconstructions, she thinks he looks Croatian or similar

Good article! :clap:
I'm gonna bookmark it!

The writer did make a small error about the note on the nightstand.

Unfortunately this did not make it into the web version of the paper which is condensed but I will have it in my image dump file so it can be accessed. I have sent ccm and sgt shumate copies of the paper as well.

Thanks for sharing, rmf. The article is great - very succinct but anyone knowing "Lyle" would recognize him for sure.

The prominent photo is great, too. Thanks again for getting the ball rolling on this and for keeping us all updated.

Yes, it's been a while since I read through the boards but I did come across the 9/11 theory. It's a good one.

I think the fact that he might be gay is a reasonable guess. I was actually thinking of that when I wondered if his family disowned him. Heck, I've had friends who ended up homeless when they came out b/c their (sometimes very wealthy) families disowned them.

Hi Everyone, I almost fainted when I saw the name Lyle Stevik tonight reading thru new posts! Lyle Stevik, I knew the name and when I saw the photo my mouth dropped open. I remember the first posts about him and how honored we felt our forum was for the original detective to join us. He had retired and had a constant niggling desire to put a name to this man who we all became fascinated with.

You have done a remarkable job, the photos and notes, that well worn belt and all the thoughts about him noted here in all of these pages. I remember the day Outofthedark joined and how we were so glad he was here too. Deja Vu, it seems like yesterday.

I also had a feeling he could be gay, and that due to the traditions and mores of his culture, it made him an undesirable or embarrasment to his kinfolk. To his tribe. I have met gay indians but they were always outcasts from their tribe. The ones I have met were from Eastern Washington State and one who was a Navajo.

Even though he had lost so much weight his body seemed unremarkable in that I don't remember anything out of the norm except no earlobes. It had to be a mental issue with him why he didn't want to live anymore.

Looking at the wonderful photos again, two things struck me after not seeing them for almost a year. The blue shirt was laid on the chair beside the bed as though it were put that way on purpose, next to the table with the notes and money. Was the shirt in that position when he was found?

Also the bed has some marks on it that looked like residue in 3 areas. He had spent one night there as I remember, and wonder if he slept there. I didn't see the top sheet or blanket. I wonder if they tested what looks like a sheet to me with the smudges on it, to see if there was any other fresh DNA besides his.

It is an incredible case. He had a presance about him even in death, and a most distinct character has emerged. So unique in his appearance it seems as though he would be recognized right away. It isn't just his unibrow but also his chin, wide and square I see that frame his face. There just has to be something in all that we know about him to say who he is. xox

The writer did make a small error about the note on the nightstand.

Unfortunately this did not make it into the web version of the paper which is condensed but I will have it in my image dump file so it can be accessed. I have sent ccm and sgt shumate copies of the paper as well.

Hi rmf, The article is great. The added weight makes him look very Navajo to me too. I am also excited to see if anything comes from this.

I also noticed the inferred quote of 'we' will want to spend a couple of extra days. No biggie as those things happen.

I hope seeing this article put a big smile across cmm's face. If you still read here cmm, I thank you for all your efforts and do wish you the best. xox

see I figured he may have had some sort of business job that required travel .
Debit cards can be used as well as credit and I believe licenses are required as well.But I don't know how long they are required to keep said information.
It's also hard to say how long he had been traveling about the states either which could explain how he ended up in Meridian

Hi Al_B, Way back at the beginning of the case here someone brought up the idea that if he was going to commit suicide and if he was indeed an Indian, he might go to a place that is special and has great meaning for all Indians.

That peninsula in Washington is such a place with much history in being a sacred place. I always thought he went there on purpose, and maybe he thought he would have grace by going there, and have an easier trip to the happy hunting grounds. Scroll down and there is mention of this here:

http://tinyurl.com/2ctyo7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member