WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think this is one and the same. I am so excited that we may finally have some answers.

It seems that picture on the Wikipedia page was uploaded by their new automated bot which is obviously not as good as they think, since the Wikipedia entry data actually lists Lyle's eyes as hazel coloured and they are presented in the image as bright blue.
I am endeavoring to contact the bot's operator in order to request this image be revised to reflect the actual true features of the decedent.

That picture is so off it only serves to misinform.

It seems that picture on the Wikipedia page was uploaded by their new automated bot which is obviously not as good as they think, since the Wikipedia entry data actually lists Lyle's eyes as hazel coloured and they are presented in the image as bright blue.
I am endeavoring to contact the bot's operator in order to request this image be revised to reflect the actual true features of the decedent.

That picture is so off it only serves to misinform.

I did that on the photo history

[video]https://youtu.be/5ablAliqnk0[/video]

This a video of a 3d facial comparison of the UID "Lyle Stevik" to Ilija Dukic. It was created by a software developer that specializes in the facial comparisons. Notice how the eyes, nose and mouth align exactly. The eyebrows are raised probably due to rigor mortis and swelling. Also, Notice the very close location of the mole. The only problem is that the eyebrows don't match in location. It looks like the eyebrows of the UID are pulled up; however, i think this could be explained by the effects of rigor mortis and swelling of the eye area. I will contact a pathologist to verify this. Another interesting commonality is the way each left eyebrow is raised slightly. Although the location is off, the shape is identical. It was the experts opinion as well as mine that there is a good chance this is the same person.

This a video of a 3d facial comparison of the UID "Lyle Stevik" to Ilija Dukic. It was created by a software developer that specializes in the facial comparisons. Notice how the eyes, nose and mouth align exactly. The eyebrows are raised probably due to rigor mortis and swelling. Also, Notice the very close location of the mole. The only problem is that the eyebrows don't match in location. It looks like the eyebrows of the UID are pulled up; however, i think this could be explained by the effects of rigor mortis and swelling of the eye area. I will contact a pathologist to verify this. Another interesting commonality is the way each left eyebrow is raised slightly. Although the location is off, the shape is identical. It was the experts opinion as well as mine that there is a good chance this is the same person.

Thanks for posting this very cool video!

I really hope this helps give this poor man his true identity back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be amazing to see this case solved. Glad I swung by this forum and came across this. Great comparison on Youtube.

Not that I'm an expert but to me their chins don't match.

I agree about the discrepancy with the chins. It looks like the UID has a more dominant double chin. I don't know if Ilija's chin might have not developed fully in that picture (since it is an earlier picture) or if this difference could be explained by the difference in lighting. I have the same concern though. I would be interested in others' opinions'.

My opinion is that the "lyle" knew the Meridian, IN hotel address by memory. That being said, he would have had to stay in theat Indiana area for a decent amount of time, memorizing it from having to give it to cab drivers in the area the address or having something sent there. People don't usually memorize the address of a hotel, unless for those reasons. If you assume that he has an Indiana connection, then you might can also assume that he has a relationship to other Dukic's in the area. That being said, one of the largest number of Dukic's in the US is in this Indiana area, some of which are very close to meridian, IN. If you google Ilija Dukic, or just dukic, the most hits come from IN. What if Illja Dukic left the war in siberia/croatia area and immigrated to IN and then decided to go to WA(another Croatian hotspot). I think it is plausible theory. I have contacted some Dukic persons in this IN area and i am awaiting there response.

I agree about the discrepancy with the chins. It looks like the UID has a more dominant double chin. I don't know if Ilija's chin might have not developed fully in that picture (since it is an earlier picture) or if this difference could be explained by the difference in lighting. I have the same concern though. I would be interested in others' opinions'.

It's also been mentioned that Lyle had recently lost a good amount of weight, so perhaps that slimmed down his face and made his chin appear more prominent? Just a theory.

It's also been mentioned that Lyle had recently lost a good amount of weight, so perhaps that slimmed down his face and made his chin appear more prominent? Just a theory.

Typically, a cleft chin (what Lyle has) is visible even with obesity.

Because I am trained in facial shape analysis (I work with similar software that is being used in the video comparison), I can surmise that it isn't the same person. The intercanthal distance is different. The palpebral fissure is different. The frontal fridge, and subsequent placement of the orbital sockets is different. The nasal ala is also quite differently oriented. In addition, their mandibles just don't match. The shape and the occlusion of the jaws - Lyle has a much more prominent chin from the bony landmark of gnathion (leading me to believe he has American Indian blood in him). Typical caucasian chins slope directly downwards (like Dukic's), while Lyle's is more protruding.

My opinion is that the "lyle" knew the Meridian, IN hotel address by memory. That being said, he would have had to stay in theat Indiana area for a decent amount of time, memorizing it from having to give it to cab drivers in the area the address or having something sent there. People don't usually memorize the address of a hotel, unless for those reasons. If you assume that he has an Indiana connection, then you might can also assume that he has a relationship to other Dukic's in the area. That being said, one of the largest number of Dukic's in the US is in this Indiana area, some of which are very close to meridian, IN. If you google Ilija Dukic, or just dukic, the most hits come from IN. What if Illja Dukic left the war in siberia/croatia area and immigrated to IN and then decided to go to WA(another Croatian hotspot). I think it is plausible theory. I have contacted some Dukic persons in this IN area and i am awaiting there response.

I don't mean to poke holes in a good theory, but it's Meridian ID, for IDAHO, not Indiana.

I don't mean to poke holes in a good theory, but it's Meridian ID, for IDAHO, not Indiana.

That was a really careless error on my part. I guess i misread the note he wrote and got a little ahead of myself. It definitely says ID no IN. I checked to see if there are any Dukic's near Meridian, ID and i can not find any. There was a large population of croatians in IN, but not in ID. Theory debunked. Thanks for pointing that out.

It's okay, we've all done misreadings like that. Mine are usually about dates :p

I think you might be on to something anyway. We don't know where Lyle might be connected to; Indiana is as likely as any other place.

It's okay, we've all done misreadings like that. Mine are usually about dates :p

I think you might be on to something anyway. We don't know where Lyle might be connected to; Indiana is as likely as any other place.

Based on the Canadian and Port Angeles possibility, I throw in my province of BC with the city of Victoria and the area surrounding it.

Didn't he die by hanging? Was he hung by a rope? From the book "Lyle takes solace in the fact that he has a basement in his store where he stores a length of rope behind a packing case." Could this be why he chose him. And it was a cool name...

Take notice that in the video they are using the autopsy photo which shows how his skin is pushed back, exposing the chin clef. I used to be heavy and my chin clef never showed unless I smiled with my teeth showing, otherwise it's not noticeable. Even his brows are pushed up from being laid down and probably sunk down before the photographs were taken. I'm no expert at deceased people and their decomposition but I feel strong about this match. I have been active in the FB group and hope that my thread is what go the buzz going here again :) - Lara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member