GUILTY WA - Vanda Boone, 60, murdered on the Yelm-Tenino Trail, 8 Aug 2010

Never buy meat off the back of a truck.

Never, never, never.

Just imagine how anyone who bought meat from him would be feeling right now.:puke:

Ha! I'll be hard pressed to buy ANYTHING off the back of a truck... even watermelons and such.

http://www.nwcn.com/news/washington...kup-truck-still-not-identified-100374654.html

Victim identified as Vanda Skau Boone

Boone apparently has no next of kin. Authorities say it appears her only remaining family member, a brother, died last month in Brazil. Boone recently lived in New York and Florida.

Detectives also said they have contacted other police agencies in Western Washington to see if Howell might be responsible for any other unsolved crimes. A sheriff's office spokesperson said there is no evidence linking Howell to other crimes at this point.

Rest in Peace, Vanda :rose:

...there is a reason I buy my groceries at the market... ... ...ya know?

K, just ewwwwwwww.

Best-
Herding Cats

...there is a reason I buy my groceries at the market... ... ...ya know?

K, just ewwwwwwww.

Best-
Herding Cats

http://www.nwcn.com/news/washington...kup-truck-still-not-identified-100374654.html

Victim identified as Vanda Skau Boone

Boone apparently has no next of kin. Authorities say it appears her only remaining family member, a brother, died last month in Brazil. Boone recently lived in New York and Florida.

Detectives also said they have contacted other police agencies in Western Washington to see if Howell might be responsible for any other unsolved crimes. A sheriff's office spokesperson said there is no evidence linking Howell to other crimes at this point.

What a beautiful women. Rest in peace, Vanda.

If he had not asked for someone to help him load her body in his truck, we wouldn't even know about this.

This is terrible. That poor woman lost her only brother last month and this creep hurts her and takes her life. What a *@*@*$&%!!!
I don't know if this hurt Nancy Moyer and/or Lindsey Baum - the only thing that throws me completely off about him is that the idiot asked for help loading her body. But then again, Nancy is tiny for an adult and Lindsey is a little girl. Maybe he did do something to one or both of them and didn't need any help because they were smaller than this woman. I don't know, I am so sad and angry for this woman, her friends and the family of the murderer. I cannot imagine what they are going through either.

boone_vanda_skau-myspace-facebook.jpg

R.I.P. Vanda. Beautiful woman.

This is terrible. That poor woman lost her only brother last month and this creep hurts her and takes her life. What a *@*@*$&%!!!
I don't know if this hurt Nancy Moyer and/or Lindsey Baum - the only thing that throws me completely off about him is that the idiot asked for help loading her body. But then again, Nancy is tiny for an adult and Lindsey is a little girl. Maybe he did do something to one or both of them and didn't need any help because they were smaller than this woman. I don't know, I am so sad and angry for this woman, her friends and the family of the murderer. I cannot imagine what they are going through either.

i was just going to comment on the fact that he went and asked for help... i would think he would have just left her on the trail before going and getting someone else involved. im wondering from what his father had to say about him hanging around and using meth in that area that he was just on drugs and has mental problems to begin with and is not some serial killer. its just sad, she didnt deserve for that to happen to her....

i was just going to comment on the fact that he went and asked for help... i would think he would have just left her on the trail before going and getting someone else involved. im wondering from what his father had to say about him hanging around and using meth in that area that he was just on drugs and has mental problems to begin with and is not some serial killer. its just sad, she didnt deserve for that to happen to her....

If someone happens to be walking along a trail and finds a dead body what do they do? Let alone a beautiful woman with her throat cut, blunt trauma to her head and neck and strangled. I mean what would a person do after freaking out and getting sick?

This guy has sex with the body. WTH? The body he just happened to find on a trail. Ohhhhhhh I forgot he was going to giver her a funeral to save her family the expense. Ummmmmmmm, she has nofamily stupid *advertiser censored**.

Oh yeah and you left this battered body and went to buy a sleeping bag and ties etc. Serial killer? Maybe. Freaky creeper definately.

Meth or no meth there's never been any indication besides the guy's father saying he got a screw loose that he was going to hurt someone?

He could be a serial killer who is now losing control of himself completely and becoming disorganised.

Hello, I'm new here (well, I've lurked a few times while searching for updates in the Nancy Moyer case) and introduced myself a couple of days ago in the Nancy Moyer thread about this case. I live in Tenino, on the road that is very near where Vanda was attacked, and I have met her. This has hit me pretty close to home and I posted on this site mostly out of the need to simply reach out to others. While I definitely have a network here to reach out to, we're all a little bit in shock, and things regarding this seem a bit surreal. Anyways, I'm posting here for anyone that happens to be posting or lurking here that is local to Tenino and wants the following info. I'm simply copy-pasting my post from the other thread here for you:

This is for any locals here in Tenino -

I went into Dave's Thriftway in Tenino this evening to get some groceries before heading home and there was a flier on the door announcing a Moment of Blessing scheduled this coming Monday for Vanda on the bike trail. One of the gals that works there made a copy of the flier for me. Here's the details:

Moment of Blessing - Monday, Aug. 16, 5:00 P.M.
This brief service will be held near the place where the body was discovered (CJN - I'm not sure why they say that because her body was discovered in his truck, but I think that they know the approximate area where she was attacked and I assume that's what they mean) on the Chehalis-Western Trail in Tenino.
The service will include readings, non-denominational prayers, and an opportunity for those in attendance to speak if they wish. A clergyperson, the Reverend Carol McKinley, will preside.
The service will be held by Interfaith Works, who sponsors Moments of Blessing in response to cases of homicide, to reclaim the place of violence as a place of life and peace. For more info, call Interfaith Works at 357-7224 or 786-8074 or 943-5774.

I'll be there. This is my backyard and I really need to get some closure with this to help me feel a level of safety again.

It was interesting for me, talking with some of the people that I know while at Dave's Thriftway this evening. There is one woman (the one who made the copy of the flier for me) that I was talking to and I was telling her how much I love the trail but that I've never really felt safe on it by myself. I love walking it and riding my bike on it, but always with others. The few times that I have ridden my bike on it by myself I've had the same experience - there is one part of the trail where something in me just totally freezes up and freaks and feels completely threatened (even though there is absolutely no indication of threat around) and it's all I can do to get through it and to the Tenino Park and then reluctantly back again. I end up riding as fast and furious as I can through that area. Anyways, I was telling this woman today about that and she told me that I was the fifth person today to tell her the same thing. I read online on one of the reports of this story that quoted a sheriff's deputy saying that there is a criminal element that spends time on the trail and BJH's father said that he had been with his meth friends on the trail. But I've never seen any 'camps' or anything that would indicate unsafe individuals there. Just a reminder to not be paranoid, but to be aware, and to truly trust your gut instinct.

Anyways, I'll post this on the other thread as well. Hope you all are well.

Blessings, CJN

Welcome CJN! Thanks so much for a great post. I hope the community will be able to regain a sense of safety with the arrest.

Murder charged in slaying
Tenino killing: County decides against rape case

OLYMPIA - Prosecutors have charged Bernard Keith Howell with first-degree murder in the death of Vanda Boone in Tenino on Sunday.

Prosecutors initially filed two charges against Howell on Wednesday – aggravated first-degree murder and first-degree rape – but later in the afternoon the charge was amended to a single count of first-degree murder.

Thurston County Deputy Prosecuting Attorney James Powers said a conviction of aggravated murder in the first-degree carries a sentence of life imprisonment without the possibility of parole. A prosecutor also can seek the death penalty in aggravated first-degree murder cases, provided that the prosecutor files notice within 30 days of a defendant’s arraignment, he said.

Powers said the prosecutor’s office made the decision to amend the charge to reflect only a first-degree murder charge against Howell because they’re “waiting on medical evidence.” He said the prosecutor’s office can amend Howell’s first-degree murder charge again, depending on what the medical evidence shows.

“We don’t consider the medical evidence clear enough to make a decision,” on the aggravated first-degree murder charge, Powers said.

The first charging document stamped in Thurston County Superior Court at 2:58 p.m. alleged that Howell committed aggravated first-degree murder. This document stated that Howell “committed the murder to conceal the commission of the crime of rape or to conceal his identity as the person who committed the crime of rape; or ... that the defendant committed the murder in the course of, or in furtherance of, the crime of rape in the first or second-degree.”

Shortly before 5 p.m., Powers called The Olympian to notify a reporter that the prosecutor’s office had reconsidered and amended Howell’s charging document to allege only a single count of first-degree murder.

Read more: http://www.theolympian.com/2010/08/12/1333569/murder-charged-in-slaying.html#ixzz0wZH8sErY

(snipped and bbm)

Boone’s body was discovered in a truck driven by Howell at 8:15 p.m. Sunday near Parkside Elementary School in Tenino.

A deputy pulled Howell over after being flagged down by a citizen who said a man asked him to help move a body, court documents said.

As the deputy talked to the citizen, Howell drove by and the man identified him.

When confronted, Howell admitted to having a body in his truck, police said.

Boone’s body was found in the truck wrapped in plastic and a sleeping bag.

When confronted, Chamberlain said Howell appeared agitated, but not under the influence of any kind of substance.

Mealy said police also believe they recovered the murder weapon from inside Howell’s truck.

Several tools and knives were found in his truck, Mealy said. “But we won’t know until the lab results come back.”

Boone’s wallet was also found in Howell’s truck, under the seat.

more at link:
http://www.yelmonline.com/articles/2010/08/13/local_news/doc4c65bc0753af9708619536.txt

I'm also thinking this is not his first.From her injurys,trauma to face,strangled and throat cut sounds like a blitz attack with some anger over kill,plus the admitted necrophilia.I posted on the last page of the Nancy Moyer thread regarding my first hand knowledge of the murder site,and why I find it odd he would move her body some 50 yards in full view back to where I assume he must of had his truck parked on the small gravel parking spot where the trail intersects with churchhill rd. to take her to a disposal site, when there is acres of dense swampy woods right there along the trail where he killed her.I noticed a dense stand of cattails just 10 feet off the trail had been mashed down.Was this where he temporarily stashed her body? A memorial wreath was placed on the trail at this point,so I assume this is the murder site.
I could swear I saw his truck with the Gourmet Meats sign on the side door parked at the churchhill rd. parking site sometime late last winter/early spring when I parked there to ride my bike.Seem to recall passing a young guy,maybe the same day I saw his truck walking on the trail in the area where the murder occured, seemed the guy was sorta glowering at me as I rode by and said "Hi".
Also there is a lake about one mile east of the murder site right off the highway,it's a quick rural drive no stop signs or stop lights and only a couple farms.As opposed to his choice of driving west a mile from the murder site into the town of Tenino which contains plenty of witness's and police,as he is now well aware.

I also am of the same opinion as montana sixteen regarding mental breakdown,it happened to bundy as well.As far as the meth influence,if he was tweaking that day it led him to a homicidal act.Assuming this was not his first use of meth,did any other past use of meth lead him to act out in a similar fashion?Did he have a sales route in McCleary?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Platform
Back