WA WA - Yakima, WhtFem 18-25, 916UFWA, handmade yellow dress, 5-pt star tatt, "SCOTT-LILLIE-2H", Jul'77

Thank you @imstilla.grandma

I hope we see a reach out for funding soon from now. I really wanted them to get her killer too, but it seems all the evidence found on the scene got lost. Even her head (skull) got lost.

Evidence destroyed, records lost

“There were so many obstacles from the start, unfortunately.”

It began with an exhaustive search locally for any related evidence. Maury Rice, the coroner at the time, told Kellett all records from 1977 had been lost, including Doe’s dental records. Clothing found at the scene and taken to the roof to dry had been thrown out by a janitor Aug. 3, 1977. The other evidence was destroyed in 1980, according to documents provided through a public records request.

With the advent and advancement of DNA technology, investigators got a court order to exhume Doe’s body for a DNA sample. A section of bone from a femur provided that, but there was yet another major setback.

“When we exhumed the body, there was no head,” Kellett said.

Doe’s skull had been sent to the University of Washington for further study. This was common practice before DNA analysis, and before many police departments and medical examiners had their own forensic experts.

The skull’s location is unknown. Because it was missing, Doe’s race could not be determined, state forensic anthropologist Dr. Kathy Taylor wrote after she examined Doe’s remains on Aug. 25, 2004.

Wait, could this be her skull?

NamUs #UP9931
Unidentified Female
DBF: Unknown
Race: Multiple/Uncertain
Estimated Age: 20-35
Estimated Year of Death: 1975
Estimated PMI: 10 years

Circumstances unknown. This skull was in possession of now deceased anthropologist who did forensic consulting. The skull is not consistent with normal anatomical specimens.

I assume the skull was sent the University of Washington Seattle campus if they were doing analysis on it.

Wait, could this be her skull?

NamUs #UP9931
Unidentified Female
DBF: Unknown
Race: Multiple/Uncertain
Estimated Age: 20-35
Estimated Year of Death: 1975
Estimated PMI: 10 years

Circumstances unknown. This skull was in possession of now deceased anthropologist who did forensic consulting. The skull is not consistent with normal anatomical specimens.

I assume the skull was sent the University of Washington Seattle campus if they were doing analysis on it.
Good find! What if this is the lost skull?

I wanted to mention Farah (Farrah in the case file) made boy's and men's jeans in the 1960's and 1970's. They were based out of Texas and New Mexico. The brand sold nationwide by 1977 but they had a strong hold on the southwest market. Here's an example of their jeans from a 1976 edition of the Cincinnati Enquirer.

1689891419536.png

They weren't super expensive for the time, but were on par with Levi's.

There also may be a chance that the jeans (and possibly the sweater/shirt) weren't Does. Maybe they were her killer's?

I wanted to mention Farah (Farrah in the case file) made boy's and men's jeans in the 1960's and 1970's. They were based out of Texas and New Mexico. The brand sold nationwide by 1977 but they had a strong hold on the southwest market. Here's an example of their jeans from a 1976 edition of the Cincinnati Enquirer.

View attachment 436089

They weren't super expensive for the time, but were on par with Levi's.

There also may be a chance that the jeans (and possibly the sweater/shirt) weren't Does. Maybe they were her killer's?
I always thought the clothing in the van were "left overs" from the charity organization who the van ones belonged to and not necessarily Jane Doe's or the killer(s)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back