NC Wadesboro, Wht Fem, UP114419, 20-40, May 2022 (seen when alive)

From the Lenoir City Police department Facebook Page
"To address a number of concerns from the public that we have received recently regarding the unidentified remains of a white female found in Anson County (Wadesboro NC) from 2022, dental records have confirmed that this was not April Michelle Reid (see poster below). We continue to follow up on all investigative leads and ask everyone to continue to pray for the safety and whereabouts of this individual. At this time, April Reid remains missing. Please continue to share any information that you feel would be helpful in our efforts. Thank you."

That's surprising but very useful to have her ruled out so quickly.

Her NamUs profile was modified today but I can't see any changes. Was April Reid or anyone else added as an exclusion?

Doing a little research online about the height of deer feeders with a roof, the standard is about 72 inches. It's very hard to tell what the height is of the feeder in the still photos but I've always thought the UID was a bit tall? She doesn't appear to be standing next to the feeder and the cam might be positioned higher up in the tree, so it's hard to tell, I'm just curious if her height could be estimated?

This is my first time hearing about this case, and my first impression is that those trailcam photos are truly haunting.

The odd thing is that despite looking like she had been hiking around for a while, with the three hour gap in the photo time stamps and muddy/dirty lower legs, she doesn't look like she had been living homeless or camping, having neat and clean looking hair.

Edit: I also failed to mention the oddity of her only wearing a bra and leggings.

Both April and the UID's NAMUS profiles are still up, and April has been ruled out.

This case haunts me. I first saw her photos on a late night when I was exhausted, and they creeped me out. But as time has passed, I've grown to feel for her. You can see how badly her feet hurt in the photos, she's walking gingerly and leaning on the stick. I'm terribly curious how she got into such a rural area alone and barefoot and why she didn't ask for help.

There are many cases on this site where someone takes off into a remote area, and their bones are found months or years later, or never found at all. Because of the trail camera, this may be the rare case where we get photos between the disappearance and when the decedent is found.

Ik this sounds dumb but did She went in a loop? like she walked went back left and last time she was saw Which confused me was that fact she had no shoes on no shirt And judging from the last to first photo Even tho i can Barely see her She looked the same when she went back around at 4:30AM Which was my fisrt was her stomach Not sure why but i have a type of gut feeling there was something going on with her stomach Not also sure if this is useful infomoratino ngl the wind could've have done it but the sticks moved slightly i compared the pictures all together between 1:30 - 4:30 The two big sticks on the side moved but the small middle one didn't move really Also it seems like her hair was in a type of way Like if she had short hair i would understand but it seems like either her hair was in a bun or in a ponytail of some sort As it looks She prob is 20-30 I'll say

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjael
Back