WARNING:GRAPHIC PHOTOS Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
@OldSteve---sorry, I somehow did not see the rest of what you posted----yes, it does not mean they killed her, but it means they knew she was dead. I had always thought that perhaps AK and RS were involved with the staging but not with the murder. That the piercing scream heard was Amanda , realizing they had touched things and now would be implicated

I don't know what you consider "personal." But you claim that AK could not have known that RG's fingerprints were on file at the police station. This implies that she would somehow have accumulated some knowledge of him.

That doesn't make any sense to me. I say that Knox didn't know info about Rudy, and you say that implies she did know info about Rudy.

Why do you think that interpreters are interrogators?

I don't as a rule. But this particular woman took on the role of interrogator, based on reports of the questions she asked AK, her telling AK she must have blacked out the memory, and her urging AK to "imagine" what might have happened.

None of these actions are the work of a mere "interpreter." I suppose it is possible that she was merely translating the questions and commands of others, but that isn't my impression of what transpired.

It's not my fault we don't have a recording to show us for sure.

Otto; In your opinion, why did the investigators not find the MK's keys in the area where the phones were thrown? It was stated that at night, this may have looked like an empty area of wilderness, but it actually was someone's yard and garden. Where did those keys go?

I have no opinion about where the keys went, and neither do police. If they knew, they would have retrieved them.

Should police have used metal detectors all along the road between the cottage and the location where the phones were found on the offhand chance the keys were there? Sounds like a potential huge waste of money.

Actually, yes, they should have.

I see what you are referring to, and you are correct - thanks for your patience!

I was thinking that maybe the top clasp was also locking - but if it were, there would be something on the inside of the door to set it, and I do not see anything like that.

So who had the key to lock MK's door from the outside?

Whoever took all of MK's keys, probably including the key that opened the front door so that s/he could escape.

I see what you are referring to, and you are correct - thanks for your patience!

I was thinking that maybe the top clasp was also locking - but if it were, there would be something on the inside of the door to set it, and I do not see anything like that.

So who had the key to lock MK's door from the outside?

Meredith had the keys for that particular bedroom. Whoever murdered her took her keys and locked the door after the murder. Rudy's footprints go straight out the door ... no footprints pointing to the door for locking the door. There is a Knox footprint at the door pointing towards the door.

Could be Filomena or anyone else who lived in the cottage, no? Locking the door doesn't mean whomever locked it murdered MK... though upon locking it they should have contacted LE.
Would RG have locked it to give himself some get-away time?

If Filomina had keys to the room, she would have unlocked it when the postal police were present ... as it is, the door had to be broken because only Meredith had the keys.

I don't as a rule. But this particular woman took on the role of interrogator, based on reports of the questions she asked AK, her telling AK she must have blacked out the memory, and her urging AK to "imagine" what might have happened.

None of these actions are the work of a mere "interpreter." I suppose it is possible that she was merely translating the questions and commands of others, but that isn't my impression of what transpired.

It's not my fault we don't have a recording to show us for sure.

If the interpreter asked questions ... clearly she was translating what the police wanted to ask Amanda. Do you actually think that an interpreter was brought in to translate for the police and she went off on some tangent saying whatever popped into her head?

Actually, yes, they should have.

Sure ... and then they should have searched all of Perugia with a metal detector, then all of Italy ... anything less might be perceived as incompetence by police.

That doesn't make any sense to me. I say that Knox didn't know info about Rudy, and you say that implies she did know info about Rudy.

You're playing word games.

You suggested that AK based an entire murder conspiracy on the assumption that ILE would not be able to match RG's DNA and fingerprint, and would thus blame the crime on some unnamed intruder.

That's a lot to count on if AK knows nothing of RG's criminal history or prior encounters with police.

Yet elsewhere you claim AK spoke so little Italian she couldn't even carry on the simplest of conversations with the boys who spoke no English.

So without sharing one word in common, AK somehow conspired with RG to commit rape and murder, and then decided to leave RG's artifacts at the scene, confident that ILE wouldn't be able to trace RG's artifacts back to him (and then ultimately to her and RS).

I don't suppose you'll ever admit you understand why some of us find this preposterous.

If the interpreter asked questions ... clearly she was translating what the police wanted to ask Amanda. Do you actually think that an interpreter was brought in to translate for the police and she went off on some tangent saying whatever popped into her head?

We've been through this. She wasn't a professional interpreter, she was a policewoman who happened to speak English. So while I don't know about tangents, I don't find it hard to believe she contributed to the questioning. Even if you don't believe AK was struck (and, frankly, I don't know whether that actually happened or that's just how she felt at the time), her account of the behavior of the "translator" is consistent and credible.

You're playing word games.

You suggested that AK based an entire murder conspiracy on the assumption that ILE would not be able to match RG's DNA and fingerprint, and would thus blame the crime on some unnamed intruder.

That's a lot to count on if AK knows nothing of RG's criminal history or prior encounters with police.

Yet elsewhere you claim AK spoke so little Italian she couldn't even carry on the simplest of conversations with the boys who spoke no English.

So without sharing one word in common, AK somehow conspired with RG to commit rape and murder, and then decided to leave RG's artifacts at the scene, confident that ILE wouldn't be able to trace RG's artifacts back to him (and then ultimately to her and RS).

I don't suppose you'll ever admit you understand why some of us find this preposterous.

I said that Amanda would not have known that Rudy had been detained or that his finger prints had been taken by police.

Any playing with words to imply the opposite has nothing to do with me.

I said that Amanda would not have known that Rudy had been detained or that his finger prints had been taken by police.

Any playing with words to imply the opposite has nothing to do with me.
I'm not being sarcastic, I am asking in earnest: So in your scenario, if I have it straight, Otto, AK and RS had the hope that the police would investigate, run into dead ends, AK, RS, and RG would go about their business, and in time, the case would grow cold? (this has actually happened in cases, where the killers were right in town, knew the grieving family, and were only caught some years down the line). . .

I'm going to start a new thread guys. I am so glad May is almost here :)

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member