WARNING OFFENSIVE: The movie trailer for "Ted"

This movie looks...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hate Family Guy, but I went and saw this last weekend. DH wanted to see it, and I wasn't sure what he was even talking about when he mentioned "the teddy bear movie", until I was in the theater. Only then did I vaguely remember some thread here on WS including the words "Ted" and "offensive". I hadn't actually ventured into the thread before :p

But the movie was surprisingly enjoyable. It was definitely a step (or a few) above Family Guy, although it was the same type of humor. Some parts I thought were funny, others I did not... but even those lesser parts weren't horrible, they were just not my type of humor. But I really enjoyed Mark Wahlberg :)

Yah, I was a bit dissapointed. All the best bits are out in trailers -- the actual movie as a whole is pretty "eh". I guess I was expecting it to be really funny throughout though.

MOO

Mel

I am going to wait for it to be released to redbox. I think it looks funny. I love comedy movies but almost everyone the ending is stupid and predictable. I do watch some of Seth shows.

My Mother and Aunt went to see this movie and liked it. My Son is taking me tonight for my BD. :rocker: Everyone I've talked to so far has liked it. I'm not expecting it to be anything more than ridiculous, but funny.

My Mother and Aunt went to see this movie and liked it. My Son is taking me tonight for my BD. :rocker: Everyone I've talked to so far has liked it. I'm not expecting it to be anything more than ridiculous, but funny.

BBM

That's pretty much it.

We loved it in my family but we are kinda wicked that way lol.
I also enjoyed a great but offensive poster sent from a friend that says 'PED' w Sandusky. Heh. Ill spare evvbody. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

We went to the early show. There were some pretty raunchy parts, but overall it was pretty flippin' funny. I give it a thumbs up. :thumb:

I have very low brow taste in comedies. I love Talledega Nights, and I still snorfle when I think of Rip Torn throwing wrenches in Dodgeball or Rodney Dangerfield repeatedly saying "Dean Martin" in Back to School. I haven't seen this movie and don't plan on it. It's become a running joke between my husband and me to say, "I'm sure it's a good movie, but it's no Ted." I do like Mila. I loved her selfish, vain, brainless character on That Seventies' Show. I like Mark, too. The trailer makes me think it's too racy for children and too dumb for adults so what is the target audience? I don't mind offensive if offensive is funny. I think it's the smarmy tone that puts me off.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner
Back