Warren Jeffs apparently married his daughter Teressa to 30-something man

Thanks for that link Molly. I swear this whole thing is sickening.
As for the mother...she should be charged too.
Its all sooooo Icky:(

Thanks for that link Molly. I swear this whole thing is sickening.
As for the mother...she should be charged too.
Its all sooooo Icky:(
You're welcome and I agree! Some of the other women/mothers who don't seem to agree that the girls need to be protected.

There is something very very wrong with these people if that turns out to be true about the nine daughters. Thats just so messed up!
What better way for Jeffs to tie an influential man within the FLDS to him, and vice versa, but to wed each other's daughters, or at least into the family. That's how Jeffs cemented his power among the others.
I'll bet all of the girls were young and most were underage.

I think that the fact the men always shy away from pictures and interviews and all that stuff speaks volumes to the fact that they know what they do is wrong. I get so sick of the FLDS trotting out the "party line".

Its just not natural to marry sisters like that into one family and all the swapping and cross swapping and them being breeding machines turning child after child out year in and year out. Young fresh faced girls with dirty old crinkly men....it just disgusts me.

Those pictures of Warren Jeffs kissing them young girls just made me feel ill. They still look like the CHILDREN they are and there is he who should know better pawing over them. The whole thing is revolting and the fact the women think its OK is also revolting!!

Ok rant over:)

I think that the fact the men always shy away from pictures and interviews and all that stuff speaks volumes to the fact that they know what they do is wrong. I get so sick of the FLDS trotting out the "party line".

Its just not natural to marry sisters like that into one family and all the swapping and cross swapping and them being breeding machines turning child after child out year in and year out. Young fresh faced girls with dirty old crinkly men....it just disgusts me.

Those pictures of Warren Jeffs kissing them young girls just made me feel ill. They still look like the CHILDREN they are and there is he who should know better pawing over them. The whole thing is revolting and the fact the women think its OK is also revolting!!

I don't normally participate in this forum, but,....I have to speak up here.

I soooo AGREE with EVERYTHING you said!

Right on!
fran

Thanks Fran.....I sooooo love when someone agrees with me lol:crazy::crazy::crazy:

:woohoo::woohoo:

Good rant. :) I agree, they know what the laws are and they don't care. They'll ignore the laws in order to carry on their lifestyle.

Well I hope the law comes and bites them. Not before time either.

What better way for Jeffs to tie an influential man within the FLDS to him, and vice versa, but to wed each other's daughters, or at least into the family. That's how Jeffs cemented his power among the others.
I'll bet all of the girls were young and most were underage.

I was just reading through the thread and this quote brought something up for me. Jeffs says that God tells him who should be married or sealed.

Jeffs has the whole community living like in older times. Dress like pioneers. But the paternalistic society is even older than that. The paternalistic society and the supreme ruler type of society sounds a lot like the feudal society of Ye Olde England. The king arranged marriages according to what would bring him closer ties and more loyalty. Women had no status at all, they couldn't own property and had to do what their husbands told them. If no husband then it was up to the lord of the land or the king. I wonder if Jeffs has studied the feudal days of England? Of course none of the members would be convinced that Jeffs wasn't doing Gods word, he was only looking out for himself.

Sadly mysteriew there are so many places that women still have no or very little status but I am sooooooo glad I dont live in any of them:)

I was just reading through the thread and this quote brought something up for me. Jeffs says that God tells him who should be married or sealed.

Jeffs has the whole community living like in older times. Dress like pioneers. But the paternalistic society is even older than that. The paternalistic society and the supreme ruler type of society sounds a lot like the feudal society of Ye Olde England. The king arranged marriages according to what would bring him closer ties and more loyalty. Women had no status at all, they couldn't own property and had to do what their husbands told them. If no husband then it was up to the lord of the land or the king. I wonder if Jeffs has studied the feudal days of England? Of course none of the members would be convinced that Jeffs wasn't doing Gods word, he was only looking out for himself.
It's quite possible he did, but reportedly he is a hitler fan. Even in the 1800s women and children were considered chattel and marriages were arranged by the father in some segments of society.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/27/magazine/27mormon-t.html?ref=us
PHOTOS at the site of some of the young women involved in the case.

Two weeks ago, the photographer Stephanie Sinclair was given rare and intimate access to some of the young women who have found themselves at the center of the often-bilious battle between the state of Texas and the F.L.D.S.

What’s interesting is that in a case that is, at heart, about doctrinaire male authority, and supposed abuse committed by men, it’s the women of the F.L.D.S. who have largely had to assume a public mantle these past months, making court appearances, trying to defend both their faith and their lifestyle in the face of deep skepticism.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/27/magazine/27mormon-t.html?ref=us
PHOTOS at the site of some of the young women involved in the case.

Two weeks ago, the photographer Stephanie Sinclair was given rare and intimate access to some of the young women who have found themselves at the center of the often-bilious battle between the state of Texas and the F.L.D.S.

What’s interesting is that in a case that is, at heart, about doctrinaire male authority, and supposed abuse committed by men, it’s the women of the F.L.D.S. who have largely had to assume a public mantle these past months, making court appearances, trying to defend both their faith and their lifestyle in the face of deep skepticism.

Seems like it, doesn't it. First, I think the men scattered like rats because they know they are vulnerable to prosecution, particually with DNA having been taken. Beyond that, I think the FLDS felt that the women would present a sympathetic front as some think they did in the 50's. My personal opinon is that this approach backfired and these women aren't coming off as particularly sympathetic. In the initial interviews, they seemed robotic, less than genuine, and controlled. They looked the same. The said the same things. They spoke in tones erily similar. The Stepford Wives analogy was easy to draw. They seemed to be deceptive in some cases as well, and in other cases, some now appear to have been complicit in marrying off teens to much older men including a fugitive from justice. They continue to show us their houses with the photos of Warren Jeffs, a pedophile, on display.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back