Warren Jeffs FLDS compound in Texas surrounded by police #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladybass, here's another article. Some of those women who returned to the compound might be ones who had originally decided to accompany those women/children going with CPS in order to intimidate, control, or coach them.
Some women might have changed their minds on leaving or were (by cell phone) encouraged to return. Those going to women's shelters who did not return seem to be making their bid for freedom from the sect.

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/17679389.html

Meanwhile, Rod Parker, a spokesman for the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, says a ranch resident told him some of the women had returned to the compound.

Child Protective services says other women chose to go to women's shelters.

The agency says women with children four or under were allowed
to remain with their kids for now.

CPS officials say it is not normal to allow a parent to accompany a child or to even know the child's exact location once a child has been removed because of abuse or neglect.

CPS officials say it is not normal to allow a parent to accompany a child or to even know the child's exact location once a child has been removed because of abuse or neglect.

Obviously there is a good reason for that practice. Witness tampering has to run rampant in child abuse cases.

Not to start a fight or an argument and no I don't agree with the comments at that paper. Nor am I against what the authorities did today. Just wanted to point out the paper is a Texas paper and the comments read pretty much the same all over the U.S. So these types of comments are not just a Utah phenomenon.

I understadn Suzi. Just saying that it is now a known fact that the LDS ownes the deseret paper.

Welcome back by the way!

SAN ANGELO, Texas -

The women were given a choice: Return to the Eldorado ranch of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, a renegade Mormon sect, or go to another safe location. Some women chose the latter, Gonzales said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080414/ap_on_re_us/polygamist_retreat;_ylt=AhQc1jzHA9FH0PrcjlZz4ktH2ocA

Finally! The women have a choice! It's about dang time. Think about it; the women in this cult have not had the opportunity to learn about the last several decades of our history re civil rights/womens rights, etc. They have been brainwashed into thinking that they were the property of the old perverts who sexually assaulted and basically owned them. I mean, even Shawn Hornbeck was not so isolated in his captivity that he was unaware of the world progressing around him. To all of the young girls now opening their eyes...You are not the property of anyone. Your existence is so much more worthwhile than the criminals who have held you hostage for all of these years!

I understadn Suzi. Just saying that it is now a known fact that the LDS ownes the deseret paper.

Welcome back by the way!

You do realize the FLDS and the LDS church are not affiliated right?

Does anyone have a count on how many women went to shelters and not back to the compound. That gives me hope that they know there is a better life. I would only hope it was a majority and not the minority.

I can understand the genealogy information, birth certificates, pedigree info, computers, pictures, medical and school records but can someone explain why so much white clothing was taken? Do the men and women both wear white when they marry?

Does anyone have a count on how many women went to shelters and not back to the compound. That gives me hope that they know there is a better life. I would only hope it was a majority and not the minority.

Well 416 kids and 139 woman were removed. 555 in toltal 555-139 = 416

Nancy grace is reporting that the woman were not remeoved, that since they could not communicate with the men at the compound they CHOSE to leave.

Well 416 kids and 139 woman were removed. 555 in toltal 555-139 = 416

Nancy grace is reporting that the woman were not remeoved, that since they could not communicate with the men at the compound they CHOSE to leave.

I just wondered how many women went back and how many did the alternative and went to shelters.

The CPS rep said they didn't have the numbers to release yet but they will release that soon.

This is an upcoming show - Carolyln Jessop and Flora Jessop and Michelle Benward (she runs the safe house for Lost boys) will be on.

http://newsblaze.com/story/20080414114137tsop.nb/newsblaze/NEWSWIRE/NewsBlaze-Wire.html
WE TV Examines 'Polygamy Cult' in 'Secret Lives of Women'
Airing April 29 At 10pm Et/9c
One-Hour Episode Features In-Depth Interviews with Former Members of FDLS

"Exclusive footage includes a tour of a hidden baby graveyard, where it is speculated that children who are victims of "blood atonement" (the FLDS term for paying for sins with blood) are brought to rest."

"Exclusive footage includes a tour of a hidden baby graveyard, where it is speculated that children who are victims of "blood atonement" (the FLDS term for paying for sins with blood) are brought to rest."

Scary, creepy and horrifying. I wish I could watch that special.

ETA: Not because it's Scary etc! But because it looks very informative.

Ladybass, here's another article. Some of those women who returned to the compound might be ones who had originally decided to accompany those women/children going with CPS in order to intimidate, control, or coach them.
Some women might have changed their minds on leaving or were (by cell phone) encouraged to return. Those going to women's shelters who did not return seem to be making their bid for freedom from the sect.

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/17679389.html

Making their bid for freedom! YESSSSS!!! :clap: :clap:

I couldn't care less about the old goats who have worked as 'ENFORCERS' for all these years. They and the old men who rape their own kids can just rot in prison. The old men and the old women in this cult can just die out, for all I care. The old farts can die alone in prison, while their kids and grandkids can choose to breathe the fresh air of freedom in the world outside of their parents' twisted cult.

http://origin.sltrib.com/ci_8920658

" As buses rolled out early this afternoon, the passengers smiled and waved at bystanders. One girl shook her head "no."

"The children are in state custody, but the 139 women who have been staying with them are there at their own choosing."

The CPS rep said they didn't have the numbers to release yet but they will release that soon.

This is an upcoming show - Carolyln Jessop and Flora Jessop and Michelle Benward (she runs the safe house for Lost boys) will be on.

http://newsblaze.com/story/20080414114137tsop.nb/newsblaze/NEWSWIRE/NewsBlaze-Wire.html
WE TV Examines 'Polygamy Cult' in 'Secret Lives of Women'
Airing April 29 At 10pm Et/9c
One-Hour Episode Features In-Depth Interviews with Former Members of FDLS

Thank you! That is what I wanted to know. Just how many took advantage of getting away from the lifestyle forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix