Warren Jeffs FLDS compound in Texas surrounded by police #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Molly...........

When I first heard of Warren Jeffs - when he was captured after being on the FBI most wanted list, I did a brief online search. The following quote is from Wikipedia's short biography of Warren Jeffs, which has been updated since his trial last summer:

Jeffs resigned from the presidency of the FLDS Church on the day he was sentenced.[7] There are also reports that Jeffs admitted his position of prophet in the FLDS church was false in a conversation to William E. Jessop, and declared that "Brother William E. Jessop has been the prophet since [my] Father's passing" in a conversation to his brother Nephi Jeffs, though Jeffs' attorneys have claimed he misspoke.

I've been very curious about the above statement. Did Jeffs, in fact, resign? And is he admitting that he was never actually the prophet, that William Jessop, was rightfully the prophet ever since the death of Rulon Jeffs?

Edited to add...........as we learn more and more about Warren Jeffs, more and more he seems to be very devious. It goes along with his some of his past actions.

He may have resigned his "presidency" but he maintains his position as the "prophet." A presidency is considered to be a man-made title. The position of prophet is considered to be ordained by the Lord. Jeffs is clearly still calling the shots for the FLDS who follow him and they will follow him until......who knows what? They have been taught - brainwashed - to follow him. I doubt anyone in the sect seriously embraces William Jessop as their prophet. I suppose we shall see...

He may have resigned his "presidency" but he maintains his position as the "prophet." A presidency is considered to be a man-made title. The position of prophet is considered to be ordained by the Lord. Jeffs is clearly still calling the shots for the FLDS who follow him and they will follow him until......who knows what? They have been taught - brainwashed - to follow him. I doubt anyone in the sect seriously embraces William Jessop as their prophet. I suppose we shall see...
He's maintaining his position in whatever manner he can.

" Mr. Jeffs relinquished his role as sect leader in conversations with church members and family. “I am not the prophet. I never was the prophet, and I have been deceived by the powers of evil,” Mr. Jeffs said to a brother in a conversation on Jan. 25 that was videotaped by jail officials. In another conversation, Mr. Jeffs said he had been “immoral” with a sister and a daughter 30 years ago, according to documents."

" Mr. Jeffs’s health improved in February, and defense documents state that he recanted his statements about not being the prophet and that he had been faced with a great spiritual test."

He's maintaining his position in whatever manner he can.

" Mr. Jeffs relinquished his role as sect leader in conversations with church members and family. “I am not the prophet. I never was the prophet, and I have been deceived by the powers of evil,” Mr. Jeffs said to a brother in a conversation on Jan. 25 that was videotaped by jail officials. In another conversation, Mr. Jeffs said he had been “immoral” with a sister and a daughter 30 years ago, according to documents."

" Mr. Jeffs’s health improved in February, and defense documents state that he recanted his statements about not being the prophet and that he had been faced with a great spiritual test."

Thank you Mollymalone....

Thank you Mollymalone....
You're welcome Fairy. First he fasted for a month until he was thin and he had a mental health competency report, he claimed to undergo a crisis of faith, then three days after telling everone he was no longer the prophet he tried to hang himself. Then he slammed his head against the wall and he had another metal health competency report. He was treated for depression and then he recanted.

Most inmates get depressed after being jailed/imprisoned and he was no exception. However, after his headbanging episode one of the officers asked him if he was really trying to kill himself and he said "not really."

:rolleyes:

That's from the article about him recanting. Here's another article on that:
http://www.kutv.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=79b583c5-2854-4ae2-beca-a25c4bd50093

"The court papers say a month after Jeffs renounced his role as prophet; he talked to family on the phone again and retracted his renouncement of the prophecy, saying he’d just been through a great spiritual test."

You're welcome Fairy. First he fasted for a month until he was thin and he had a mental health competency report, he claimed to undergo a crisis of faith, then three days after telling everone he was no longer the prophet he tried to hang himself. Then he slammed his head against the wall and he had another metal health competency report. He was treated for depression and then he recanted.

Most inmates get depressed after being jailed/imprisoned and he was no exception. However, after his headbanging episode one of the officers asked him if he was really trying to kill himself and he said "not really."

:rolleyes:

Not really. He's no different than any other criminal who wishes to appear "insane." I seriously doubt Warren Jeffs believes he will be incarcerated for long, but he's smart enough to hedge his bets.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NEW THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok gonna dive in and start a new thread Located here

Hopefully mods can lock this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members