Was Burke Involved? # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Grand Jury solved this case by hearing evidence (which we are not privy to) which led them to conclude that JBR was not safe and the parents were
aware of this and that the parents "rendered assistance" to the murderer "with intent to hinder, delay and prevent the discovery, detention, apprehension, prosecution, conviction and punishment of such person for the commission of a crime,

There were only 3 people in the house that night other than JBR. Only one of them was too young to be charged with murder.

The Grand Jury concluded that both of JonBenet's parents:

" did unlawfully, knowingly, recklessly and feloniously permit a child to be unreasonably placed in a situation which posed a threat of injury to the child's life or health, which resulted in the death of JonBenet Ramsey, a child under the age of sixteen."

and that both of JonBenet's parents:

"did unlawfully, knowingly and feloniously render assistance to a person, with intent to hinder, delay and prevent the discovery, detention, apprehension, prosecution, conviction and punishment of such person for the commission of a crime, knowing the person being assisted has committed and was suspected of the crime of Murder in the First Degree and Child Abuse Resulting in Death."

I agree AKH. something about her arms being over her head and stiff, makes me think ain't was something Burke did. I don't believe the parents would have the heart to do that.

I don't know why I've become the champions of the Ramsey's? I think that is one of the biggest mistakes of this case. Folks lock on a theory and then defend it. I don't know what happened but the evidence against Burke is shoddy and pretty much nonexistent. Just my opinion. I believe claiming a 9yr old assaulted his sister and had been assaulting her for months requires some very, solid, concrete proof.

I care about kiddos and that's why I defend BR

let me tell you about the kiddos, they can be just as sick and twisted as adults. there are hundreds of cases of murder, rape, gang rape etc every year committed by kiddos 12 and under, we even have cases of kiddos tying other children up to rape them. i know it sucks, but please understand the world we live in. one other thing, not everyone believes after br hit her in the head, jr and pr spent hours choking her, i believe br did most of what happened that night with the exception of the rn and a few other things.

I join others in wishing we were privy to the evidence as well as the testimony that the Grand Jury received.

You are right and I apologize. My instinct is to protect children and maybe that is clouding my judgement.

That is my instinct as well as to pursue justice for children who have been harmed or killed.

I'm reading Thomas book. Interesting in hindsight. They just didn't consider Burke. But now it seems sadly obvious. Not a big kidnapping, or the parents. That was a false diconomy. When I saw Burke interviwed I understood. I haven't studied the case before Dr phil's interview. I was mildly interested and figured the build up was for ratings and there would be nothing really to it. Still some mystery what John is changing his story a little. But bottom line, in my mind the mystery is over.

Because there has to be accountability. 3 of the 4 people in the house that night knew who did it and no one held that person accountable. As long as we, the court of public opinion, keep the conversation going...... Yeah, its a life sentence as generation after generation holds them accountable.

Power to and of the people.

Of course, no need to be hostile. I am just curious about this theory as everyone else.
I'm not being hostile. I'm just stating that just because you don't agree with BDI doesn't mean you can tell us to stop discussing it. You have been pretty adamant that since we believe BDI, we should stop discussing it. I'm just saying, this is not your forum and you can't dictate what we talk about. 😉✌

No, I don't believe that either.
I believe he strangled her with the garrote and hit her over the head with the flashlight. I don't think it was an accident at all. I think the garrote potentially came first, the flashlight because she struggled, and then he finished with the garrote. I think he fantasized about a life without JBR and for whatever reason, that night was the moment he made it happen. And if there was sexual abuse, I think that was him as well.
IMO... The parents' role in the coverup was actually probably trying to hide the SA by cleaning her up. Which indirectly and unintentionally fed into the coverup. And their real intention for a coverup was the ransom note and statements. The tape and tied wrists could go either way as to who did that. But I don't believe the parents finished the job or did anything to disrespect her body as part of any coverup.
So if you've misread me on that point previously then again that is another reason to keep the discussion going. It's a different angle and one that answers how the parents could do some of the things that people against the BDI claim they don't understand. IMO they simply didn't do those things... BR did them. It wasn't an accident IMO. In fact had it been an accident, or even had the chance to have been seen as an accident, the parents would've went with that. The garrote especially, and potentially past actions, made the accident story impossible.

That's about as clear as I think I can make it.
I'm more confused why you think people shouldn't discuss it?

Every day, I am more inclined to believe that Burke was responsible for everything except the clean-up and the ridiculous ransom note. I have no earthly idea of the motive, so I don't speculate too much surrounding that. But, the notion that - if this could have been presented as an accident, it would have - most definitely tracks.

Every day, I am more inclined to believe that Burke was responsible for everything except the clean-up and the ridiculous ransom note. I have no earthly idea of the motive, so I don't speculate too much surrounding that. But, the notion that - if this could have been presented as an accident, it would have - most definitely tracks.

This is exactly what I am thinking, too,

I agree with you especially after reading the votes to indict by the Grand Jury.

Members of the Grand Jury certainly knew something I don't know. Something that led them to believe that the R's placed their child in harm's way
with someone who would likely injure/murder her. Secondly they concluded that the R's rendered assistance to the murderer of their child
by concealment, etc.

There is only one person that parents would do this for - their other child.

It had to be for a child under 10 years old - otherwise the Grand Jury would have sought an indictment for someone for first degree murder.

Unfortunately in Colorado children under 10 years' old cannot be charged with murder.

Have not thought of it that way. I think you are right on Fedfan. It was because it obviously was not an accident. They had a horror to deal with.

Because there has to be accountability. 3 of the 4 people in the house that night knew who did it and no one held that person accountable. As long as we, the court of public opinion, keep the conversation going...... Yeah, its a life sentence as generation after generation holds them accountable.

Power to and of the people.

Thank you for your genuine and powerful message.

Perhaps this is what justice for JonBenet looks like. Thank you from the bottom of my heart
for presenting this.

The behavior seems pathological. If you believe Burke did it,then why continue discussing it? As this forum has been around for TWENTY years. TWENTY years!

So it is only patholigical to keep discussing it is pathological if someone thinks BDi, but it is not patological to post dozens if times a day, on multiple threads, if you want to keep defending him? Alrighty then.

I am glad to see that Ms. Maui is now a former member.

Hooray and thank you to the mods!

I agree with you especially after reading the votes to indict by the Grand Jury.

Members of the Grand Jury certainly knew something I don't know. Something that led them to believe that the R's placed their child in harm's way
with someone who would likely injure/murder her. Secondly they concluded that the R's rendered assistance to the murderer of their child
by concealment, etc.

There is only one person that parents would do this for - their other child.

It had to be for a child under 10 years old - otherwise the Grand Jury would have sought an indictment for someone for first degree murder.

Unfortunately in Colorado children under 10 years' old cannot be charged with murder.

Exactly. There would be an individual in prison as we speak if someone - anyone - other than Burke was the instigator of this child's death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin