Was there ever a claim of suicide?

JerseyGirl said:
Is there any reason that any of you can think of that an innocent person would tell a victim's loved ones that she committed suicide when she was, in fact, murdered, (and he knows it)? I can't think of one single reason.
Nope, I can't either. But I can think of why someone who is guilty of murder would conjur up such a lie.

Moxie said:
Nope, I can't either. But I can think of why someone who is guilty of murder would conjur up such a lie.
Exactly. And that's why this is one of the MAJOR sticking points for me.

lauriej said:
..it's beyond comprehension that raven could have told family members that it was a possible suicide........
...to hear news that she had died would be one thing..........taking her own life.....only adds to the trauma........

...raven was there.............even if he did claim " gunshot wounds"........and then went on to speculate suicide...........'where was the gun raven ?" a suicide victim can't then get rid of their own weapon.....

...if he did in fact speculate suicide 'back in the beginning'.........or now.....putting her family through that.....then my opinion of raven has sunk to a very new low...........
I hear you Laurie, but my opinion of Raven has always been at the lowest end of nothing as it is.

However, this is Raven we are talking about, a man that can babble and and ball like a baby to get sympathy and get out of a conversation and yet, 15 minutes later go out and have a good old time like he has no care in the world.

Murderer, can you hear me now?

I've never thought that Raven had much of an intellect...but how STUPID is this low-life? Did he really think the suicide story would hold up? That people would just accept it with no questions asked and he would be in the clear? I am continually baffled by his ignorance!

And, most importantly, how terribly cruel for Janet's family.

Wouldn't you just love to hear what he told his own family? How many tales has he spun? :rolleyes:

They will all know the truth eventually, and have to come to terms with what he is.....a Monster!

Well, remember that it is just an old rumor that I dug up from the old days of this forum. The rumor was VERY strong at the time, but a rumor nonetheless. I was just hoping someone could confirm it because now that we're sitting here just waiting for something to happen, it struck me just how important that information is. No one could think Raven innocent after that, IMO.

If this indeed happened, I'm sure that the family has told LE, and the DA will use it. I guess that's what really matters.

Guess it was not a rumor. Someone named missyoujanet made this post [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=657227&postcount=499"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The Murder of Janet Abaroa #2[/ame]

This is not a rumor and how would missyoujanet know what the crime scene looked like back then?

Well, remember that it is just an old rumor that I dug up from the old days of this forum. The rumor was VERY strong at the time, but a rumor nonetheless. I was just hoping someone could confirm it because now that we're sitting here just waiting for something to happen, it struck me just how important that information is. No one could think Raven innocent after that, IMO.

If this indeed happened, I'm sure that the family has told LE, and the DA will use it. I guess that's what really matters.

Hard to believe that in September of 2005 we were talking about rumorz that we heard "from the olds days of this forum". I remember when we hit the 6 month mark, feeling so sad and so upset that Raven hadn't been arrested yet.

Sad that Durham has taken so long. I am definitely grateful for the tenacity of Durham's Law Enforcement that Janet's case meant so much that they continued on with it, despite all the issues in the DA's office.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back