Washington writers detail haunting, true-crime story of Susan Cox Powell

I am confused. Did Washington State take over the case?

<<<<snipped>>>>

Susan and Josh lived in Utah when she went missing so Utah was handling the missing person case.

Josh lived in WA state when he blew up the house with he and the two boys in it and Josh's father Steven has lived in WA state with the rest of Josh's family since Susan went missing. All of his father's legal troubles kind of intertwine within most of the stories written about Josh and Susan now.

HTH

I found a more detailed article on KSL. LE is not involved in the upcoming search with the cadaver dogs.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=968&sid=29965609&fm=most_popular

"But Bremner said Tuesday that search warrants are narrow in their focus. Now, the Coxes have complete access to the property. She said a private company has agreed to donate its resources, including cadaver dogs, to conduct the search. The Pierce County Sheriff's Office is not involved."

I found a more detailed article on KSL. LE is not involved in the upcoming search with the cadaver dogs.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=968&sid=29965609&fm=most_popular

"But Bremner said Tuesday that search warrants are narrow in their focus. Now, the Coxes have complete access to the property. She said a private company has agreed to donate its resources, including cadaver dogs, to conduct the search. The Pierce County Sheriff's Office is not involved."

Oh my. Not findme2 is it?

jmo

(((Hugs))) to you Jacie- I know, the situation is just heart breaking. Everything being posted brings up enormous red flags, in and of themselves, but in combination it is just staggering. I hope she is found one day but I have serious reservations that he left her in any kind os state where that would be possible. RIP Susan, with your beloved baby boys. Josh most certainly is nowhere near the three of them, and is either burning in hell or back on earth to try it again. God help us, if it is the latter.

Agree gf. Jacie is a special lady....

Agree gf. Jacie is a special lady....

Thanks Tulessa. We were visiting in Salt Lake City when this story broke. Sitting in the hotel room, I saw Susan's picture on the news and when I saw Josh's picture I screamed out 'He did it!'. Cory looked at me like I was crazy because I was so emotional about it. I have never wavered from the thought that Josh was responsible.

I hope that her remains will be found in our lifetimes.

started my day as usual, opened the Trib and started reading. I was saddened to see this letter:

Enough already! Is it just me or have many of us had enough with the Susan Powell updates by the Tribune. This is the third continuous day of devoting large space to a story that should be put to rest. How about covering people who are giving back to their communities, school volunteers, etc. In other words, stories that are uplifting.

:twocents: surely the letter writer is relieved today: no book excerpt and plenty of uplifting stories (as usual)

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/opinion/57967304-82/powell-rest-susan-updates.html.csp

started my day as usual, opened the Trib and started reading. I was saddened to see this letter:

Enough already! Is it just me or have many of us had enough with the Susan Powell updates by the Tribune. This is the third continuous day of devoting large space to a story that should be put to rest. How about covering people who are giving back to their communities, school volunteers, etc. In other words, stories that are uplifting.

:twocents: surely the letter writer is relieved today: no book excerpt and plenty of uplifting stories (as usual)

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/opinion/57967304-82/powell-rest-susan-updates.html.csp

Until Susan's remains are found and she is 'put to rest', this case is not over.

I guess the letter writer would prefer these uplifting stories :rolleyes: :

Eagle Mountain man who allegedly raped wife believed she was ‘property’
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57969852-78/wife-wrote-police-raping.html.csp
Provo woman’s body found in her home; police investigating
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57974867-78/woman-siufanua-police-body.html.csp
Deal with child bride Elissa Wall discussed in lawsuit hearing
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57967145-78/wall-trust-court-jeffs.html.csp

Until Susan's remains are found and she is 'put to rest', this case is not over.

I guess the letter writer would prefer these uplifting stories :rolleyes: :

Eagle Mountain man who allegedly raped wife believed she was ‘property’
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57969852-78/wife-wrote-police-raping.html.csp
Provo woman’s body found in her home; police investigating
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57974867-78/woman-siufanua-police-body.html.csp
Deal with child bride Elissa Wall discussed in lawsuit hearing
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57967145-78/wall-trust-court-jeffs.html.csp

:notgood:

smh I hope Steve Powell is being closely monitored.

There’s also a possibility, Morris and Olsen report, that B., the younger boy, was molested by Steve or his son John. Upon the state of Washington awarding custody of C. and B. to the Coxes, B. was diagnosed with a fungal skin infection.

There are multiple ways to contract such an infection, and one of them is sexual contact. That’s slim evidence of child molestation, and the authors acknowledge that. But in light of Steve’s voyeurism of his neighbor girls, and John’s mental illness, Morris and Olsen articulate the Coxes’ suspicions.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home3/57943611-200/book-susan-powell-josh.html.csp

Bouncing off of your post.

IMO, Morris and Olsen should not have included the suspicions of the Coxes regarding B's fungal infection. A whole lot of people have mental illness and do not molest. I know Steve Powell is a pervert but I know nothing of John Powell. What is his mental illness? How does Cox know about it? What kind of fungal infection was B diagnosed with.? Salacious! Fungal infection=possible STD hit a nerve with me.

When I was first married I got a really bad cold sore on my lip. My husband accused me of contracting herpes because he thought I gave some guy a BJ.

IMO, somebody should have schooled Morris, Olsen and Cox on fungal infections.:moo:

Hopefully Steve Powell is being monitored by the NSA. (Kidding). They probably should.

IMO, Morris and Olsen should not have included the suspicions of the Coxes regarding B's fungal infection. A whole lot of people have mental illness and do not molest. I know Steve Powell is a pervert but I know nothing of John Powell. What is his mental illness? How does Cox know about it? What kind of fungal infection was B diagnosed with.? Salacious! Fungal infection=possible STD hit a nerve with me.

When I was first married I got a really bad cold sore on my lip. My husband accused me of contracting herpes because he thought I gave some guy a BJ.

IMO, somebody should have schooled Morris, Olsen and Cox on fungal infections.:moo:

Hopefully Steve Powell is being monitored by the NSA. (Kidding). They probably should.

Well, I do give it some credence because of these two things:
1. Steve Powell was very open regarding sexuality and exposed his children to adult sexuality at a very young age and in fact promoted early experimentation and some very disgusting ideas about human sexuality to his kids.
2. John Powell, who does have some severe mental illness, is known to walk around the house stark naked and one time even answered the door totally nude while the boys were living there.

It would not surprise me at all if there was some funny business going on with those boys while they lived there.

I appreciate that the Coxes are able to speak their minds, concerning the fungal infection. They were reticent to speak during the investigation but, at this point in time, their grandsons have been horrifically murdered and their daughter's remains have not been recovered.

I would imagine that the former Powell house will have a smorgasbord of DNA. [It feels good to say former Powell house] This 'clan' is one that feels there should be no retribution for their actions.

We are all being monitored by the NSA. lol

When the family needs help, I think daddy said kill yourself or offered no help to save them or to clean up the mess. They are or were that much controlled by SP. I truely wish this man gets sentenced forever. Watch him closely. jmo

A gorgeous picture of Susan and the boys. They should still be here but she had a monster for a husband and he destroyed them.

article-2632777-1E02766300000578-753_634x467.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hed-butchered-boys-hatchet.html#ixzz32yIhrIBN

More claims from the book:

Revealed: Josh Powell 'sexually abused his two sons' before their mother vanished and he butchered the boys with a hatchet
Charlie and Braden Powell's maternal grandparents said the boys refused to sleep in pajamas because their dad used to sleep naked with them
One of John Powell's kids drew a picture showing a child and adult with the words, 'Don't play with me!'
The boys moved in with Chuck and Judy Cox, Susan Powell's parents, two years after her 2009 disappearance
One of their sons was also diagnosed with malnutrition after Josh withheld food from him, saying he was 'just going to poop it out'
Susan's body has never been found and Josh killed himself and his sons in 2012 after attacking them with a hatchet and blowing up their home
By SNEJANA FARBEROV and LYDIA WARREN
PUBLISHED: 20:25 GMT, 27 May 2014 | UPDATED: 04:20 GMT, 28 May 2014
Josh Powell's two young sons suffered sexual abuse at the hands of their father before he killed them with a hatchet and blew up their Washington state home in 2012, according to a new tell-all book.
Gregg Olsen and Rebecca Morris, the authors of 'If I Can&#8217;t Have You: Susan Powell, Her Mysterious Disappearance, and the Murder of Her Children,' claim that they uncovered evidence proving that John and Susan Powell&#8217;s children, 7-year-old Charlie and 5-year-old Braden, were molested while living with their father and paternal grandfather.
The boys&#8217; maternal grandparents, Chuck and Judy Cox, first noticed that something was amiss with their grandkids when Charlie and Braden moved into their Utah home in 2011, two years after their mother's disappearance.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hed-butchered-boys-hatchet.html#ixzz32yxQrp00
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

After reading this book I just can't believe that they didn't arrest this monster! According to the book, after packing up a U-Haul truck and a U-Haul trailer, Josh laughingly called out: "I just loaded Susan's head into the truck!". Who says that when your wife is missing?! I know you can't arrest someone for making a 'joke' like that but there is so much more..the lying, not willing to talk to police, statements from the boys. I mean..Casey Anthony was first arrested for lying to the police right?! :banghead:

After reading this book I just can't believe that they didn't arrest this monster! According to the book, after packing up a U-Haul truck and a U-Haul trailer, Josh laughingly called out: "I just loaded Susan's head into the truck!". Who says that when your wife is missing?! I know you can't arrest someone for making a 'joke' like that but there is so much more..the lying, not willing to talk to police, statements from the boys. I mean..Casey Anthony was first arrested for lying to the police right?! :banghead:

I too just read this book, and if everything is true, how this guy did not immediately get charged with murder is beyond me. I have to admit though, I can not believe that she did not leave him if things were as bad as the book says they were. She had plenty of character witnesses against Josh that would back her up if she wanted to get full custody of her kids. The Coxs' need to sue the Utah police for not charging Josh with Susan's murder.

I shed so many tears for the Coxes reading this book. There were so many things that I can't even think about.

You know, you'd think Steve Powell would decide NOW is the time to tell what he knows, with some sort of immunity deal. I think this is the only way Susan is ever going to come home. I think that Michael Powell knew where she was, but IMO, it was SP pulling MP and JP's strings. I hope that makes sense.

And we as WSer's have seen plenty of murder cases filed and won on LESS evidence than existed in Susan's case. I think that is why a lot of us are angry. Those kids should have been taken from JP, not two years after the fact. I am still to raw to adequately express what I am thinking.

JMO

I am just reading the book now. It does bring up so muh emotion. It is horrifying to me that Susan didn't leave. He starved her son, forced her to get only a one dollar item only off a menu while eating a tray load himself, made her ride a bike while he took the car, kept her and the boys in abject poverty while he bought plenty of "toys" for himself, and all the while Susan was the one working steadily.

Her friends had to beg him to go to church once a month and spend just 10 minutes per week giving her a little attention. He unwillingly agreed only to renege quickly. He withheld sex continuously to punish her.

I mean it goes on and on. And yet her emails and protective conduct evidence that she knew how bad it was and that she needed to get away. But she didn't do it. Just how bad did it have to get?

In some ways this is a real cautionary tale. If your family and friends are reasonable people and they tell you a potential mate has red flags, listen. If your spouse tortures you and your kids, get out. Don't wait until your spouse takes out million dollar life insruance policies on your life...and kills you.

Finally, I totally agree that there was more than Enough evidence in this case for murder charges. Much more than in many other cases we see with successful prosecutions. What happened?

One of the more chilling items published in the book:

The night of the 6th/early AM of the 7th, a neighbor on Sarah Cir. claims to have heard a man's voice yelling "get in the car" and a woman responding "you'll hurt me if i do!"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back