Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for bumping this thread JerseyGirl.

So Michelle Mandel's article claims that JC was talking to WM until about 3:30am and sometime after that he was dead. I wonder if DM had to wait until he was off the phone? :(

Then again, there is that other tidbit that is being excluded that she actually heard that DM had entered the home while talking to WM. Perhaps that's why their conversation ended?

And if DM's alibi is that he was staying over at MS's home, are either him, MM or Mrs Smich taking the witness stand? I hope he was dumb enough to take his cell phone and the records show his phone pinging near Maple Gate sometime after 3:30am on the morning of Nov 29, 2012.

MOO

And if DM's alibi is that he was staying over at MS's home, are either him, MM or Mrs Smich taking the witness stand? I hope he was dumb enough to take his cell phone and the records show his phone pinging near Maple Gate sometime after 3:30am on the morning of Nov 29, 2012.

MOO

Oh I'm counting on him being dumb enough. He claims to have not been there until around 6:30 pm but his cell phone (tower pings) records have done him NO favors so far.

After two trials, and with a glimpse of DM's thinking through his text messages and letters, we have had several discussions of DM suffering a personality disorder (politically correct term that includes Sociopaths and Psychopaths ). CBC IDEAS have a 3 part podcast on this subject. So far only part 1 and 2 are available, and part two looks at an Ontario Psychopath that has been held in a Mental Institution for forty years. Listening to the story of this monster, he reminded me of DM.

If you are interested, here is a link to the podcasts. Very Interesting. MOO

Creating Conscience: A history of treating the psychopath

Convicted killer Dellen Millard goes on trial for third time

The notorious thrill killer who murdered friend Laura Babcock and stranger Tim Bosma goes on trial for the third time — now accused of shooting his own father and making it look like a suicide.

The trial is expected to last four weeks. After his unsuccessful attempt at defending himself at the Babcock trial, Millard is being represented by lawyer Ravin Pillay.

So Michelle Mandel's article claims that JC was talking to WM until about 3:30am and sometime after that he was dead. I wonder if DM had to wait until he was off the phone? :(

Then again, there is that other tidbit that is being excluded that she actually heard that DM had entered the home while talking to WM. Perhaps that's why their conversation ended?

MOO
Even with all that we now know of DM, surely he wouldn't/couldn't have been so bold as to go into his father's bedroom to shoot his own dad in the eye while WM was still awake? Surely he had some kind of sense of humanity to at least wait until the man was asleep? I wonder what the autopsy reports will say?

Waiting to see if JS testifies on behalf of the Crown (I recall that both she and DM's mother went to the house to be with DM after his 'discovery' of his dad's 'suicide'?) - if so, I figure that would have to be another one of those 'hostile witness' situations?

jmo

Even with all that we now know of DM, surely he wouldn't/couldn't have been so bold as to go into his father's bedroom to shoot his own dad in the eye while WM was still awake? Surely he had some kind of sense of humanity to at least wait until the man was asleep? I wonder what the autopsy reports will say?

Waiting to see if JS testifies on behalf of the Crown (I recall that both she and DM's mother went to the house to be with DM after his 'discovery' of his dad's 'suicide'?) - if so, I figure that would have to be another one of those 'hostile witness' situations?

jmo

I think the prosecution knows how unproductive calling either his mother or JS would likely be. They may have to call MB to get her statement to police at that time in as evidence if they feel they need it but with JS living out of the country, it's very unlikely she'll be called IMO.

It may require his testimony but it should be completed by the end of June. MWJ will not be out of prison by that time.....
I wasn't sure, because of 'his' recent IG posts? It seemed like he was boldly suggesting his release would be imminent?

I think the prosecution knows how unproductive calling either his mother or JS would likely be. They may have to call MB to get her statement to police at that time in as evidence if they feel they need it but with JS living out of the country, it's very unlikely she'll be called IMO.
But dang, it would sure be interesting to hear from each of them.

The Crown also says cellphone records show that after calling a cab on the evening of Nov. 28, 2012, Millard's cellphone could be seen pinging off cell towers leaving Smich's home and heading to the Maple Gate residence.

Dellen Millard facing 3rd murder trial — this time for his own father's death | CBC News

So they've allegedly got MM stating he left Oakville under "peculiar circumstances", a call to a cab company and his ever present cell phone pinging its way from Oakville to Maple Gate on the evening WM died.

Yep, he really was that dumb. Good thing for justice though.

MOO

“Long divorced from Millard’s mother, he’d (Wayne Millard) recently begun a relationship with Janet Campbell. They’d been discussing plans for her upcoming birthday and the day before he died, he told her that he wanted to move some of his clothes into her house.......

According to court documents, Campbell is also expected to testify she spent hours talking to him through the night of Nov. 28 and until about 3 a.m. on Nov. 29, 2012 — “basically right up until his death.””

“The case was quickly ruled a suicide.”

MANDEL: Convicted killer Dellen Millard goes on trial for third time

If Millard guilty, I wonder if the relationship his father had begun with a girlfriend was somewhat the motive - fear that his gravy train might get derailed.

Case closed. And then later, potentially at least two people paid with their lives. Absolutely heartbreaking.

jmo
RS/BBM

We really don't know anything about her. She could be completely cooperative. The guy's a serial murderer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500