Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamille

Shine bright like a diamond
Reaction score
In a text from Dec. 4, Millard says to Smich that he "fired everyone" yesterday. We're now seeing two deleted texts from Millard's phone from Dec 5. An unknown number texts: "can I ask how your dad died?" "Millard responds "suddenly in the night."
by Adam Carter 10:41 AM

The Crown is now finished with Falconer. Millard's lawyer, Ravin Pillay, is starting his cross-examination.
by Adam Carter 10:45 AM

In a text from Dec. 4, Millard says to Smich that he "fired everyone" yesterday. We're now seeing two deleted texts from Millard's phone from Dec 5. An unknown number texts: "can I ask how your dad died?" "Millard responds "suddenly in the night."
by Adam Carter 10:41 AM

The Crown is now finished with Falconer. Millard's lawyer, Ravin Pillay, is starting his cross-examination.
That was not what I expected the next tweet to be ... I was holding my breath waiting ... for ... something ... else.
Not "The Crown is now finished."

Pillay is asking about the backups for cellphones we've been dealing with here. He's asking if the backups include messages that were deleted and then overwritten. Falconer says it's impossible to recover data that is overwritten.

Falconer says he can't say how many deleted messages have been overwritten from this data.
by Adam Carter 10:47 AM

I was in court for a portion of last
Tuesday's proceedings. I'm swamped at work, but will make a mental note to add some of my own observations at a later point. I can also add some commentary around some of the Laura Babcock pre-trial hearings from last summer, now that things are no longer under pub ban.

And on that note, thank you to all who have been working to keep us current on Adam Carter's tweets. Your time and effort are appreciated.

I was in court for a portion of last
Tuesday's proceedings. I'm swamped at work, but will make a mental note to add some of my own observations at a later point. I can also add some commentary around some of the Laura Babcock pre-trial hearings from last summer, now that things are no longer under pub ban.

And on that note, thank you to all who have been working to keep us current on Adam Carter's tweets. Your time and effort are appreciated.

I'd be very interested in any observations that you have from all of your days attending court in this and the previous trial gremlingrrl. Looking forward to your post.

Falconer now reading out some texts from Millard to Noudga on Nov. 30 at 3:54 a.m. "Means I can do something to prevent this in the future. I think I'm going to sleep at my mums tonight. Want to meet up beforehand?"
by Adam Carter 11:08 AM

That's it for Falconer. The next witness is John Barnes. Millard looks at him from the box, but he is not looking over at Millard.
by Adam Carter 11:08 AM

Crown Jill Cameron is conducting his examination in chief.
by Adam Carter 11:09 AM

Barnes says he was first employed back in 1974 by British Airlines. He came to Canada in the spring of 1989 to work with Canadian airlines.
by Adam Carter 11:11 AM

He says he primarily worked in engineering and maintenance.
by Adam Carter 11:12 AM

He currently works with Ornge as the director of maintenance.
by Adam Carter 11:12 AM

Barnes says he knew Wayne Millard. Millard flew with Canada 3000, where he also worked. "We used to rent a hangar from the MIllardAir group."
by Adam Carter 11:14 AM

This was around 2010.

The original hangar was at Pearson airport in Toronto.

Barnes says he also knew Carl Millard. That's Wayne Millard's father.
by Adam Carter 11:15 AM

Barnes says he eventually went into business with Wayne Millard.
by Adam Carter 11:17 AM

Barnes says Wayne Millard was "picking his brain" about starting up an MRO. That stands for maintenance, repair and overhaul. Essentially a garage for airplanes.
by Adam Carter 11:19 AM

He says he didn't know of Millard being in on that sort of venture before. These talks were happening in February of 2010. In 2011, it became a formal venture and they started trying to get a licence from Transport Canada.
by Adam Carter 11:20 AM

The lease had expired from MillardAir at Pearson, Barnes says, so they were looking at basing things in Kitchener.
by Adam Carter 11:21 AM

Barnes says he joined the payroll of MillardAir in July of 2011.
by Adam Carter 11:23 AM

Barnes says the licence from Transport Canada was essential to the business.
by Adam Carter 11:24 AM

They were looking to get a licence to work on large, commercial aircraft.
by Adam Carter 11:25 AM

Barnes says at that point, he didn't believe anyone else was an employee of MillardAir -- but eventually, other people were hired. Quality assurance managers, technical managers, etc.
by Adam Carter 11:26 AM

As of Dec. of 2012, about 11 production personnel (ie mechanics) and five managers were working for MillardAir, Barnes says.
by Adam Carter 11:28 AM

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 10m10 minutes ago
Barnes says the documentation for a licence was was submitted to Transport Canada in July of 2012. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 11m11 minutes ago
Barnes says he and Dellen Millard "didn't necessarily see eye to eye." #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 10m10 minutes ago
He says they had some problems at the hangar with washrooms that were being used and not cleaned, and were "deplorable." #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 9m9 minutes ago
There were also items all over the hangar floor -- including a collection of cars, he says. At this time Barnes was trying to present the hangar to customers and Transport Canada. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 9m9 minutes ago
Barnes says he spoke to Wayne Millard about this, and some things were moved off the hangar floor. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 8m8 minutes ago
"It wasn't very pleasant to walk in there," Barnes says about the washrooms at the hangar. He says he spoke to Dellen Millard about this. He says it was "corrected" afterwards. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 6m6 minutes ago
Barnes says the only other interaction he had with Dellen Millard was about a lift unit. Shane Schlatman was supposed to modify it, and he didn't do it to code, he says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 5m5 minutes ago
We're now taking a 20 minute morning break. #Millard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members