We the jury find the defendant Casey Anthony...

We the Websleuth Jury find the defendant Casey Anthony...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised to see that there's one vote for not guilty of the false information charges. How can there be any doubt of that? Her own lawyer admitted it.

I voted guilty on all charges when I first voted but I don't know... at the very least, I think she'll be found guilty of aggravated manslaughter. I think the state has proven everything beyond a reasonable doubt but I don't think they'll find her guilty of first degree.

I'm going to wait until tomorrow... Right now I could vote guilty on charges 3-7, still vacillating on first degree murder.

I think she should get aggravated manslaughter based on what was presented in court and how it was presented. Guilty on all counts of lying to LE

I think the waters are too muddy (nice pun!) when it comes to the computer searches - I don't think the state put the findings in simple enough terms and I felt myself kinda believing Baez here and there. Though in my soul I think she killed the baby coldheartedly, I don't know that the computer searches are as set in stone as they need to be for me to believe premeditation. Someone else (might have even been JA - I'm fried at this point) mentioned that she told her Mom she was going to sleep at Zannys that night so that shows premeditation - I only kinda buy this....she was on the phone with homeboy all night and told her Mom they were sleeping out the next night - sure seems like she planned on doing something different but I hesitate to say this is when she decided to kill Caylee - Casey had already successfully "taken Caylee to the Nanny" before for sleepovers - I think she would have been planning to do the same thing with her AND that is when/how the death occurred. I think Caylee ended up in the trunk again to sleep while Casey did her thing and that may have killed her this time where other times it was a successful event.

I truly believe based on the location of the bags/tape/other bags that the duct tape is a staging item, not the murder weapon.

Guilty on all counts. If I were a juror, my argument would be why didn't she call 911 immediately, why didn't she tell the "drowning "story when LE first questioned her and instead go through all that jail time and the trial? What about the "kidnap story?
Nope, not buying any of her lies.

I understand everyone's initial feelings but I would hope that the jury gives it more thought than that or this country is in trouble! lol

I understand what you are saying, but there is an issue with "too much" thought as well, collectively, in our country. We can tend to be a society that makes excuses or new diagnoses for every bad behavior out there...our imaginations are boundless in part due to how far we've come technologically and in our riches (so that kids rarely know the meaning of hard work and what it takes to be a grown up)-But the fact remains that we all have instincts that go all the way back to our lizard brains and we should abide them more often than we do anymore.
Hooray for common sense and I hope the jury does not feel they will be judged if they use it.

Just a little nit. There is no such thing as an "Innocent" verdict. Also, "not guilty" != innocent. It only means the jury felt there was not enough evidence to convict.

Guilty murder 1, etc. I think the jury will need about 4 hrs.

One. Two. Three. Strips of duct tape going into Caylee's hair.

It is my opinion that there is no reason to put duct tape over a child's mouth and nose except to keep the child from screaming or breathing. 3 pieces equals First Degree Murder. Duct tape going into Caylee's hair equals duct tape that ICA never intended to come off.

I only pray that ICA made a decent batch of chloroform and that Caylee was knocked out when ICA taped her, bagged her and pitched her into the trunk.

ITA.

3 strips of duct tape
Dr. Vass
Dr. G
George
JB's utter failure (For starters, he never explained how Kronk got her remains)
Simon Birch
Yuri
The audio tapes of LE's interviews
The jail visit videos
Cindy's lies
Dr. Haskell
The comedy routines of Dr. Spitz and Sally Karioth
The defense witnesses that turned into the prosecution's witnessses
The stellar job done by the SA

For these and a myriad of other reasons, I think the jury will find her guilty of count one, premeditated murder. The jury will try and reconcile the FACT that a 2 year old was triple bagged and thrown away like trash w/ duct tape on her face in three strategic places. They won't be able to leave that jury room w/out making someone responsible. It won't be George. It will be Casey, IMO.

This defendant is a black hole, and I don't believe she deserves to ever see life outside of prison. That said, I don't believe the SAO met the burden of indisputable or irrefutable evidence which would allow me to feel confident finding her guilty of murder 1. I need fingerprints, or Casey's DNA, or video of Casey purchasing chloroform ingredients, receipts for ingredients, credible eye witness testimony.....you get my drift. I know she killed her child. The state just wasn't able to prove how and definitively show me how she did it. I would need that. I will sleep well, however, if the jury is able to do it however. I mainly want her to be denied the life and lifestyle that she so desperately wanted and felt she was entitled to.

I can appreciate your opinion. I would just hope that after seven weeks, the jury give it more thought before coming to a decision. Especially in a DP case. JMO

I appreciate your opinon as well, and if we were really on the jury, well here goes what I would want to discuss during deliberations:

Not guilty on counts 1 through 3. I have had the opinion that the only thing that ever made any sense to me was that this was a tragic accident from the very start. I have listened to the testimony, seen all the evidence, listened to the opening and closing statements, and as someone already mentioned, the evidence is the same today as it was yesterday, as it will be tomorrow after LDB does her closing.

If I were on the jury, I would try to sway the other jurors to follow the law and not their emotions. I do not believe anything whatsoever about the chloroform and or the use of it in any way shape or form by KC. She probably can't bake a cake let alone whip up a batch of chloroform. There was one search for chloroform and that was from curiousity of her boyfriends myspace page win her over with chloroform. The duct tape was not wrapped around the head, it was in the vicinity of the head, or likely may have been, or might have been, those do NOT give you the choice of proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Sorry, but that is the law, maybe does not equal fact. So, without the duct tape and the chloroform, there was no premeditated murder, no murder of the 2nd degree, no aggravated child abuse, and no aggravated manslaughter of a child.

I can go through each piece of evidence like JB did, but I'm too tired to do that tonight.

But to keep it short and sweet, I do not think the state has proven any of the charges beyond a reasonable doubt, so if I were one of the 12 jurors, we would be deliberating till I changed all your minds or till He!! freezes over whichever comes first. So that would most likely end in a hung jury.

Sorry, but that is my opinion.

I understand what you are saying, but there is an issue with "too much" thought as well, collectively, in our country. We can tend to be a society that makes excuses or new diagnoses for every bad behavior out there...our imaginations are boundless in part due to how far we've come technologically and in our riches (so that kids rarely know the meaning of hard work and what it takes to be a grown up)-But the fact remains that we all have instincts that go all the way back to our lizard brains and we should abide them more often than we do anymore.
Hooray for common sense and I hope the jury does not feel they will be judged if they use it.

I can see what you are saying but in a death penalty case I would hope that they would give it more thought.

I just know before I could find someone guilty of 1st degree murder I would make sure that I went through every piece of evidence and reviewed everything that was presented in the case. I would never be able to live with myself if I felt I wasn’t 100% certain of my verdict.

On the flip side of what you're saying I also think sometimes our society is so quick to lynch someone before looking at all the evidence.

I've got to go with premeditated one...
She looked up chloroform on the computer before Caylee's death..
Chloroform and decomp in her car..
She placed one strip at a time over Caylee's face..
..Premeditated= a thought process of murder... as SA said... she could have stopped placing that tape on Caylee at anytime... but didn't..

After JB showed the pictures of all of the trash / garbage in Casey Anthony's vehicle in his Closing Arguments I came to the conclusion that Casey Anthony thought to put the trash / garbage in her vehicle to "muddle" any smell placing the body of her dead daughter into her vehicle. I think the trash / garbage in Casey's vehicles shows how well she thought out murdering her daughter.

The Prosecution has a VERY STRONG case against Casey Anthony absent of Reasonable Doubt. Casey Anthony searched the computer for various ways to murder Caylee Anthony; Caylee's decomposed hair was found in Casey's car; Caylee's remains were found with duct tape from The Anthony's house; Casey Anthony partied & had fun for 31 days knowing Caylee was dead; Casey's choice password was Timer55 - she told Lee that 55 days was when the nanny would return Caylee but we know this was a lie because Casey knew Caylee was dead - the truth was that Casey had a countdown to when she was going to start the Caylee is missing along with Casey's "I'm just a much a victim lies" with her parents.

It's not reasonable that George Anthony would find Caylee dead after accidently drowning & decide to put duct tape on her face & toss his granddaughter out like trash. If George Anthony is the person truly guilty like Jose Baez implied in his Closing Arguments before stating "I'm not saying George Anthony killed Caylee" - Casey Anthony would have told everyone who would listen what her father did. If George Anthony reacted the way the defense illustrates - Casey would have informed everyone before being locked away for three years. Plus, it's not reasonable to think or assume George Anthony would do any of the things the defense has presented.

The Defense suggests that the police, the FBI, George Anthony, and The State of Florida (the prosecution) are all against Casey Anthony - which is not reasonable.

Casey Anthony murdered her daughter - she researched ways to carry out the murder of her daughter - Casey Anthony put a great deal of thought into the act of murdering her daughter which include all of the made up people Casey Anthony talked about.

Caylee Anthony was murdered by Casey Anthony - her murder was planned this is why there are the computer searches & the made up people. Casey Anthony thought that she is such a good liar & so convincing that she would be able to convince the police of her lies - Casey Anthony didn't intend to tell police at least until Caylee's Birthday in August hence Timer55 - I however think Casey Anthony thought she could tell her parents in 55 days that Caylee was taken & Casey Anthony thought that she could convince her parents not to contact the police because if they did so Caylee would be harmed.

I don't see Reasonable Doubt in this case - the defense in this case is as likely and reasonable as saying aliens came, abducted Caylee & put a chip into Casey's head making her believe Caylee was alive & this is why she behaved the way she did for the 31 days, the aliens killed Caylee. Is it possible that there are aliens - it's possible - anything is possible but that doesn't create Reasonable Doubt.

Just a little nit. There is no such thing as an "Innocent" verdict. Also, "not guilty" != innocent. It only means the jury felt there was not enough evidence to convict.

Our legal system uses "not guilty" because there is a presumption of innocence. If there isn't enough evidence you're still innocent in the eyes of law. The court of public opinion is an entirely different story.

GUILTY! Across the whole board.

Guilty of murder 1
Guilty of manslaughter
Guilty of aggravated child abuse
Guilty of providing false information

I would vote for LWOP. I would like to see her get death, but I would be afraid that a death sentence would open her up to too many appeals. The last thing I want is to continue seeing this broad and her f'ed up family on my TV. I just want this to be over.

I haven't voted yet because I really want to try and be objective and really think about each count, but as of right now I would probably be able to vote for first degree murder only because of today. I haven't always felt that the duct tape was used as the method of murder because I couldn't really visualize how it played out but after the SA spoke today I think they did a great job of bringing this together for me.

I have always questioned the Chloroform in this case and after hearing Jose today I have to admit that he created reasonable doubt for me regarding the Chloroform. I was never convinced that it was used or even a factor in this case and have always thought it had to do with Ricardo's Myspace picture, so to hear that she was on myspace right before searching Chloroform just makes sense to me. It would be exactly what I would do if my boyfriend had the picture posted and I didn't know what it was. I'm still keeping an open mind and will wait to hear what the SA says about the 84 searches and what their thoughts are on it, but as of now I don't believe that Chloroform played a role in her murder.

As far as the other counts, as of right now I would vote guilty on aggravated manslaughter and the 4 counts of lying. I do not see her being guilty of aggravated child abuse.

JA convinced you today that the duct tape was the murder weapon. What did he say today that was different than anything that has been said before?

Dr. G said the duct tape was in the vicinity of the skull. A portion of the tape was attached to the hair mass and mandible by debris and plant growth. The evidence in area A was manipulated by RK according to RK's testimony. Depending on which of RK's interviews you want to believe either the skull rolled out of the bag, dropped out of the bag, or he lifted the bag four feet off the ground, looked down and saw a skull at his feet, at which point he took his meter stick and stuck it in the eye socket to tilt it upward to make sure it was a skull. I don't know what JA said today that could convince you that this evidence is now proof beyond a reasonable doubt, and not speculation of tape being in the vicinity of the skull therefore maybe it was covering the childs mouth. I cannot put someone on death row simply because a piece of duct tape was in the vicinity of a child's mouth.

Would you vote aggravated manslaughter because you think KC is guilty of neglect and Caylee drowned in the pool?

As always, my entire post is my opinion only.

She never googled "what is chloroform"!she googled "how to make chloroform" I believe she did see Ricardo's photo and I believe this sparked the idea of using it on Caylee - I DO NOT buy that she didn't know what it was.

I believe Dr. Vass on the chloroform levels in the trunk. Mo

I don't believe Caylee drowned in the pool. I believe she was chloroformed and maybe it didn't work it wasn't made right it wasn't enough and then she was taped and put in the trunk while KC walked around blockbuster then left in the trunk while she stayed in bed with Tony all day on the 17th. I think she killed Caylee at the anthony home after George left. Mo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member