Wear Yellow Day For Allison

Thanks Poss. The site appears to be set up on FB by her cousin with the name 'Dear Allison'. There will be an event tomorrow night, Friday 1st August at Fridays Riverside 123 Eagle Street Brisbane from 6pm onwards. You'll be able to watch the Story Bridge light up in yellow to remember Allison on the special day to remember her.

yellow-Ribbon-100px.gif

Yellow's not a colour i have in my wardrobe... but I can wear a yellow ribbon.

yellow-Ribbon-100px.gif

Lisa, Karl & Ben on Channel 9 Today show are wearing yellow ribbons.

No yellow on the channel 7 Sunrise team. :(

yellow-Ribbon-100px.gif

The Dear Allison FB page is lovely. Have liked it.

yellow-Ribbon-100px.gif

Allison Baden-Clay’s friends have exhausted every single roll of yellow ribbon in Brisbane ahead of today’s Strive to be Kind Day.

Mrs Hudson said yellow was Allison’s favourite colour and the day served as a “living scrapbook” for her three daughters.

“A lot of the time, love is the solution, and they (daughters) are surrounded by lots of love with their family, extended family and close friends so they are doing well despite the circumstances,” Mrs Hudson said.

“It’s been such a public exercise for the family and they are looking forward to moving forward and seeing the positive things happening in the community in her (Allison’s) memory.

“For the children, it (Wear Yellow Day) is more like a living scrapbook of their mum and it’s really focusing on the positives.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/quest...te-colour-yellow/story-fni9r1r4-1227008942220

yellow-Ribbon-100px.gif

I wore my yellow to the gym and kickboxing...I got to explain why because my friend who teaches the class was surprised to see me in bright yellow!

2vv111y.jpg

yellow-Ribbon-100px.gif

I wore my yellow to the gym and kickboxing...I got to explain why because my friend who teaches the class was surprised to see me in bright yellow!

There's nothing plain jane about you!! What a pretty and talented sleuther you are!

yellow-Ribbon-100px.gif

I have put 3 Yellow Ribbons across my veranda for today.

280hx7p.jpg

oops I wanted this to go on the post with the yellow T-Shirt...oh well

yellow-Ribbon-100px.gif

The cinema I went to today had yellow ribbons for a gold coin donation. Still wearing it.

yellow-Ribbon-100px.gif

Allison Baden-Clay - back to where it began

Shop owners dressed their shops in yellow, staff wore yellow, yellow balloons were everywhere and yellow ribbons were sold for a gold coin.

The intent is to raise as much money as possible for Allison Baden-Clay’s children, Karen Bagenol said.

“This is what Allison would have wanted,” she said.

“She would be ecstatic. She would be so over the moon. And I think even now she would be looking down and thinking what a wonderful thing everyone is doing.”

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...re-it-began-20140801-zzhjq.html#ixzz39BeDp5Zp

yellow-Ribbon-100px.gif
[/QUOTE]

“Image management 101. It was all about his image. How would Allison get someone to understand she was living in *duress every moment of her life when he looks wonderful?”

She says Allison Baden-Clay is a stark representation of a sadly rising demographic of women accessing her hotline.

Diane Mangan is the chief executive of DV Connect Crisis Support Queensland, which takes 4000 calls every month from women facing an immediate threat of domestic violence.

“Women in their late-30s and mid-40s who are highly educated and employed.
“She is an extreme example of what’s happening regularly in the wealthiest, most educated parts of the community.

“It’s funny, you often find the very thing that attracted these men to these women — intelligence, success, independence — becomes the thing they want to destroy.”

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...llison-badenclay/story-fn59niix-1227001972930

yellow-Ribbon-100px.gif
[/QUOTE]

Allison on her wedding day

(No smiles from the new husband driving)

image.jpg (77.9 KB)

yellow-Ribbon-100px.gif
[/QUOTE]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 156
Camp Chair, thank you for this beautiful photograph - for Allison and victims of domestic abuse.

yellow-Ribbon-100px.gif
[/QUOTE]

Not sure if this is the right place but I downloaded a free book called 'Marks of Murder' which covers the court case - I'm hooked and dinner may be very late

“My officers can’t do much a week later,’’ he says. “We need neighbours to ring immediately when they hear violence, screaming, furniture thrown or distressed voices that suggest violence.’’

He says too few people make the call. They don’t want to upset the street. They think it’s a private thing.

PROTECTION: Database will track perpetrators’ domestic violence history

“It’s not. Please, if you hear a woman or her children crying or screaming, ring us. When we turn up in the middle of the fight, we can do so much more. I never want to hear another person say, ‘Oh, yeah, I heard a scream in the night but then it stopped, so I went back to sleep’.’’

Here in Queensland, after the murder case of Allison Baden-Clay, it’s hard not to be chilled by those words.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ence-is-never-ok/story-fnihsr9v-1227025876279

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back