weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #139

Status
Not open for further replies.
----
Do you think there's anyone who DOES know what Jodi did that spurred those comments? The evil? The scam? The hurt? To me his words were so telling, and gave him a chance to tell his side in a way.

I found TA's words extremely telling, also. It is clear that he had discovered JA's true nature and the the evil, destructive power of a psychopath.

How horribly ironic that ALV, knowing nothing true and not caring to know anything true, and certainly not the context of TA's words, would attempt to use use TA's own words against him (calling that "abuse") only to defend the murderer with his own words.

Like many others here, I hope ALV has ruined herself and what she has done is never forgotten.

What is as frightening as ALV herself, running groups and "treating" damaged people, is other "professionals" out there like herself, with extreme biases and arrogance that cannot be overcome with facts, logic, evidence, writings, pictures, also "treating" people.

How many licensed "psychotherapists," psychologists, and psychiatrists are out there in clinical settings, or in courtrooms, making money like ALV and Doc $ with real people, whom we will never see on camera like those two?

I just came from over in that thread and you are correct in your assessment it seems.

Yep. I was posting on what I thought was psych discussion of Jodi. I quickly came to realize it was just a Travis bashing thread under the guise of "wanting to understand" him and I called them out on it. A lot of them are reaching because they WANT to believe Travis was a pedophile, which makes me angrier beyond words, so I decided to stop event clicking on the thread. I told them they were being willfully obtuse on the matter because I and others have made it very clear that what Jodi said could NOT have happened.

Notice how that's the only place many of them post. Yeah...

I think the defense case has self destructed thanks in large measure to Dr S and Alyce...looks like nobody's buying what they were selling. (Hopefully everyone on that jury panel feels this way). So, setting aside Jodi's faint hope for a miracle because she was a battered woman acting in self defense, the focus going forward is for JM to show that this murder was premeditated.

I guess his expert will try to establish the psychology illustrating how a cold blooded stalker like Jodi thinks and behaves, tying it in with all the pre-planning like the gas cans, etc.

Someone way back when brought up an interesting point - being that in one of her interviews, Jodi talks about bringing Travis the CD's with photos (the ones that he couldn't access because either they were damaged or his PC had a virus - which led to him bending her over his desk or whatever). That could be another little tidbit (adding to the long list) which shows that Jodi brought those CD's for Travis with her on that trip because she knew she would be "swinging by" Mesa on her way to Utah.

Dear Juan, may the force be with you!

This is one part ofthe trial that I can't find!! It's driving me nuts! I was away on business and although I tried to watch the YouTube videos of the trail each evening, I fell asleep to a few. These were very long work days and I had to get up early.

If someone could guide me to the trial day or video, I would be most grateful!

I have gotta see this part!

I thought I heard JM bring it up yesterday. However I waas also watching videos I missed so I'm not sure...sorry:banghead:

I also remember reading somewhere that she wanted to be her own defense team in order to access the evidence that the investigation wasn't showing her (especially the last crime scene photos) as a mere suspect.

that gives me the shivers....just like she wanted Det. Flores to show her the crime scene photos. She is EVIL.

She is not in prison. She is in jail and while there the jail is responsible for her health. So I really doubt these are donated.

Thanks. I knew she was in the county jail, but I can see how my post read differently. (see me blush?)

Thanks. I knew she was in the county jail, but I can see how my post read differently. (see me blush?)

awww don't blush...she has been in jail so long it's almost like prison....but not as long as she is going to be in prison before she gets the needle. I can't wait!!

I would love to see them. I don't understand why she is allowed to comment on them but not read them outloud to the court, or why we are not allowed to read them ourselves.

I think they should either put them in or keep them out.

Like I said, I've never seen this before. Maybe one of the Atty's could tell us what they are doing.

But, I do not think we will get to see them.

IMO

I was under the impression that ALV could talk about things that helped her reach her conclusions, but the items itself wasn't admissible. Maybe due to relevance.

Did you answer my question about where ALV would have gotten the thing about him being physically abusive and a pedophile, if not from JA?

That was my thinking as well, but definitely no legal eagle here.

This has been one roller coaster of a case. At least for me. Just slogging through the stuff that didn't seem to make a difference..aka sex..just was really hard. So much seem to cover the bottom line. Or they tried to.

Idk. Someone asked earlier about LWOP/DP and being disappointed. I guess I would be disappointed in a way if DP was not the final punishment. JA has done so much damage to so many people in so many ways just in this trial. I can't imagine what else is out there. Plus we aren't even contemplating whether she did or did not murder him. She admitted that. It feels like I am immersed in semantics for the last 50 days.

I don't think I will be disappointed as in the FCA case. But I would feel like she certainly deserved it if that is what she got.

K

She should get LWOP for killing his reputation with her lies after he was dead. For killing him 3x (slashing his throat, gun shot to the head, stabbing him in the chest) she should get the death penalty. And in short order---as in a drive though with lethal injections, before she kills someone else in prison.

This is a youtube sleuther clip worth watching. Did you all realise it took Juan asking three times, including two approaches and a time out for ALV to admit Travis was extremely afraid of JA and her stalking behaviour based on the IM conversation between Travis and Regan? Even at the end ALV didn't admit extremely. I want to know what the question was Juan didn't ask! It does look like she needed a timeout to admit this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asj-6JTsVes

This is what I based my little parody, posted yesterday, on.

Amazing it took all that to get her to acknowledge that. Even at the end, after her "talking to" she still tried to evade.

What I wanna know is what was the question the DT found so dangerous that it convinced them to make ALV admit this to avoid having it asked?

See any Similarities?

Jodi+Arias+linebacker+pose.jpg

Vs.

leteci-leti-dinosaurus-Fliying_dinosaurs-Pterosaur-Quetzalcoatlus13.jpg

One is a PTERANODON and one is a PETER-O-SAUR. :floorlaugh:

One has been Dead (extinct) for a million years...and the other ?? Time will tell

** Bump** Have a Smile on me....

My first husband was very abusive and controlling. I was beat up almost daily and once when I was pregnant. It was so bad I woke up the next morning all bloody and he said I hope you f’n die. I crawled out of bed and went to my dad who took me to the hospital. I had a beautiful baby girl who only lived 16 days. I went home one morning and he was asleep and the gas heater was on fire. I went to car and thought how easy it would be just to leave and I shocked myself so bad that I knew if I was thinking like that I needed to get out. I went back in and woke him up and he put out the fire. Soon after I met a wonderful man who saved me and I have been happily married to him 38 years. You DON’T go back to an abuser once you are free!!
So sorry to hear what you went through - and especially sorry about your little girl. :candle: Glad your new life is good ~ blessings to yiu.

AlwaysShocked said:
We do have the right as citizens to express our views. At this particular website we do not make personal attacks on witnesses. We stick to facts. We do not call people names. We do not threaten in any way - not even by urging boycotts. Other websites may not or do not follow the same rules.

We have limited rights here. Our rights end at the doorstep of private homes and private websites. Although this website is public, not every member of the public can post; only those who agree to abide by the rules set by the owners are granted the privilege to post, and as we've seen, permission can be withheld temporarily or permanently.

Which is why I have chosen to say almost nothing about the defense or witnesses. But the jurors are in the same boat. They sit in court and listen to every hour of testimony, yet they can't even discuss the case with other jurors.

I hope the remaining jurors all stay healthy and see this trial to the end.

I think the defense case has self destructed thanks in large measure to Dr S and Alyce...looks like nobody's buying what they were selling. (Hopefully everyone on that jury panel feels this way). So, setting aside Jodi's faint hope for a miracle because she was a battered woman acting in self defense, the focus going forward is for JM to show that this murder was premeditated.

I guess his expert will try to establish the psychology illustrating how a cold blooded stalker like Jodi thinks and behaves, tying it in with all the pre-planning like the gas cans, etc.

Someone way back when brought up an interesting point - being that in one of her interviews, Jodi talks about bringing Travis the CD's with photos (the ones that he couldn't access because either they were damaged or his PC had a virus - which led to him bending her over his desk or whatever). That could be another little tidbit (adding to the long list) which shows that Jodi brought those CD's for Travis with her on that trip because she knew she would be "swinging by" Mesa on her way to Utah.

Dear Juan, may the force be with you!

Great post. I'm at work and jumping in for a minute. Anyone that can tell me what is going to happen on Monday? Thanks

I agree. There are tons of ways for the defense to question the exhibit boiling it down to: how do we know the exact same materials were in the closet on the day she stepped on the shelf?

Opening that door will lead to days and days of back and forth. It isn't necessary to prove, considering how over the top she killed him. It isn't necessary to prove each and every lie, in my opinion. The jury has been through enough.

Yes, the jury "got" it when Juan asked (AFTER nailing down exactly where she put her foot for balance, just in case she said she put it on the very bottom shelf), "Would it surprise you to know the shelves are rated at 40lbs?"

And they "got" it when they saw Travis's military precision closet with not one single hanger askew despite a life or death chase and an alleged desperate climb up the front of the closet for the supposed gun. If you disturbed even one of the shoes so carefully lining the shelves, it would have caused a domino effect on the surrounding shoes.

You're right. They get it.

Do you think it might be possible that the glasses are causing her headaches? I doubt she was taken to the eye doctor for an exam. Eye glasses are often donated to prisons.

My thoughts exactly! It's really easy to fake an eye exam and get glasses. I had a friend that did it when we were younger because she liked my glasses. She had terrible headaches and couldn't wear them, though. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapper_physicist