weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #155

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I know! This forum desperately needs the trial to return to schedule. Too many days off and suddenly every

post is
anal-this and sphincter-that.
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

After seeing these drawings I went to the FB page. Her portraits all have very creepy eyes--even the celebrities don't look human. I'm sure part of it is artistic ability (lacking!) but it would be hard to convey emotion or personality if you don't have those capabilities yourself.

Her photographic work has the same "soulless", "plastic" feel to them...not too bad, I suppose...for a 5 year old...I mean...a fifth grader... :)

To me, the eyes she draws look "soulless" like her.

Me. I do not believe in lawsuits, however if she is drawing members of the Alexander family she is fair game. :rocker:

Regardless of how the trial ends, if I were a member of Travis's family, I would sue Jodi for the sale of all her drawings and future earnings. I would make sure she never earns a penny to use the in "jail company store"!! :furious:

Lol at Jodi's attempts to seem smart. I'm sure she really loves Shakespeare. Moron.

I would be curious to know the dates of the ticket purchase. And how many tickets she actually purchased. Wouldn't she have an extra ticket for Travis if she was inviting him to accompany her and her friend. Also, who is this mysterious friend, and did she go with Jodi to the performance.

FYI peeps, the defense has filed its requested jury instructions, a request for surrebuttal and an id of a surrebuttal witness.

So sorry about your mom Chijojo! My thoughts and prayers are with you!

I'm sorry for your loss, Chijojo...I've been in your situation...it isn't easy...I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers...

IMO Wilmont is hurting herself with how she has been acting. Her little laughs and smirks. I know she has lost all my respect and I once liked her and I believe the jury has lost her respect and Nurmi's also. The are both pretty slimey IMO

I hope JW returns tomorrow with some semblance of a right mind, because last week she was teetering somewhere between bizarro and downright crazy. I'm not kidding. I kept expecting JS to give JW a timeout because several jurors were looking alarmed.

In Mesa on June 4, 2008 the sun set at 7:34, it would have been light out until past 8 at the minimum.

I think she walked to wherever her car was (not far) put it in front of the house, loaded up the bloody stuff and left. I forget the exact time she was in Kingman to make phone calls but she had to leave in the 6:30 ish - 7:00 zone.

I was hoping that someone would know what the weather was in Mesa that day. I was offering up some ideas, not knowing if the weather had been checked for that day. Thanks for the info!!

I was just rewatching a link of DB's testimony about the gas cans (someone posted the link above) and I found it very remarkable the way JA couldn't keep her eyes off him when JM was asking him about the calls she made in late May-early June. Even when JW was tyring to get her attention, JA wouldn't take her eyes of DB. Here's the link and it starts about 4:20. I definitely think JA has something on DB and this way she looks at him reinforces it big-time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9-qVSYgD68&feature=youtu.be

I watched the whole DB testimony last night. There was one part where he actually responded to a question and you could see JA say "No". Also watched the next vic/the guy in Utah's testimony...she was seething!!!! I thought it was strange that the DT gave him hand picked text messages......and the time was wrong!!!! 8:00 am in the morning and he's saying "nite"? Why was JA's phone set like that or did she do that on purpose?

IMO Wilmont is hurting herself with how she has been acting. Her little laughs and smirks. I know she has lost all my respect and I once liked her and I believe the jury has lost her respect and Nurmi's also. The are both pretty slimey IMO

My take on this is that if a juror is siding with the defense's story, then they're gonna like these smirks and attempts at aggression. But if they believe the State, then yes I think this turns them off. So I think Wilmott and Nurmi are actually doing this on purpose b/c they believe they have at least one juror and they are trying to kind of show this juror that oh, look at the prosecutor and DeMarte trying to falsely blame Jodi. There could be no other reason why they so blatantly disregard what the jurors have to be believing. IMO, it's cause they think they have one juror.

We had to empty and move our heavy oak bookcases this weekend because we were painting. While they were empty, I thought I'd test JA's story of "stepping" on the edge of the closet shelves to get to the gun. Doesn't hold up (hee hee) in the least. I just used my fingers. As I was trying this I knocked the shelf off three times and my son yelled from the other room "No! Loud!"

Adding pictures so you can see for yourselves. <modsnip>

Giggling at your avatar :floorlaugh:

I hope JW returns tomorrow with some semblance of a right mind, because last week she was teetering somewhere between bizarro and downright crazy. I'm not kidding. I kept expecting JS to give JW a timeout because several jurors were looking alarmed.

After the jury finds JA guilty of 1st degree, I hope that some of the jurors will talk and tell us their feelings about JW and Nurmi!! I bet they feel like we do about those two! JMO

Me. I do not believe in lawsuits, however if she is drawing members of the Alexander family she is fair game. :rocker:

Regardless of how the trial ends, if I were a member of Travis's family, I would sue Jodi for the sale of all her drawings and future earnings. I would make sure she never earns a penny to use the in "jail company store"!! :furious:

FWIW, AZ law re inmates recompensing the state for their care:

http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/13/00122.htm&Title=13&DocType=ARS

Have no idea if the law applies to JA and her art sales.

Out of respect for Travis' family and friends, of various ages and religious beliefs can you please stop discussing anal sex in such detail?

BBM... Are they reading here? It's not like we are dirtying a memorial site. It's a trial site. Evidence is evidence... no matter how distasteful it seems.

Absolutely, AZWatcher. If I were a juror then I'd feel obligated to disregard JA's (a proven liar) words. Completely.

I hope this jury looks only at actual evidence. There is an overwhelming amount of it.

Every word out of Alyce's mouth should be completely disregarded as well.

Thx, but I disagree. JA is many things, but she isn't stupid. KC was stupid. KC didn't realize all the forensic evidence they could get off her phone, computer etc., but we all saw it didn't we? I think JA was well aware of computer forensics (anyone who watches CSI or any other crime drama on TV does). I believe that's why they found her external hard drive "broken". I guess KC was too busy watching One Tree Hill :floorlaugh:.

I don't underestimate her at all. She's no Einstein that's for sure :lol:, but she's not stupid either.

She is not stupid. DeMarte measured her IQ at 119; that's in the top 11% and the same as JFK's. but a high IQ does not mean someone is immune to error. She made some boneheaded mistakes in trying to cover her tracks.

For example, a rental car would not be noticed by TA's friends in Az and renting the car in Redding would keep people in Yreka from knowing about it. But that assumes that she's would not be a suspect in TA's death. A car rented in another town is easily discoverable by law enforcement and would be hard for her to explain. Moreover, since she took pains to cover her tracks, she demonstrated that she knew that she would be a suspect.

So why didn't she see that this would work against her and not for her? My guess is that she has a disconnect in her brain as to how the world really works, how other people think. It seems to me that she had one of those "I'm so smart, I've thought of everything" moments.

She is not stupid, but she is not plugged into really.

I agree with you. But, my husband says I only see it that way because I am a woman. He said, as upset as he has been and would ever get with me (why, I don't know - I'm an angel ;) ), if I tried to make nice and offered sex, he would give in.

I guess it's why some of us can't understand how JA could do what she did without remorse, and almost pride. It just doesn't make sense to us.

So, as much as I can't see Travis having sex with her that day, I have to admit it was possible.

Someone mentioned that he was an addict for sex with Jodi. Therefore, if an addict is offered something that he "wants/needs" it is tough to turn it down. Just as some addict who is trying to quit, but thinks "one last time"....JMO

FYI peeps, the defense has filed its requested jury instructions, a request for surrebuttal and an id of a surrebuttal witness.

No, no, no...what's surrebuttal? That is not fair...why would they get to surrebuttal or whatever it is...omigosh no I don't think I can take any more of their shenanigans. Please Please tell me this is not common, do you think JSS will allow it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769