Weekend Discussion Thread 04/27-30/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bravo, <modsnip>. However, if she did, that may point to a motive for murder, that of revenge or drug debt. IMO

Hello Kitty... I wish you would not continue stating that I know as a fact anything about this case ...if you will take the trouble to reread my post I clearly stated and inserted "IMO"...that I believe is permitted on this site...if not then I am sure one of the mods will correct me... I choose not to argue this point any longer and I see no reason to get knickers in a knot over a case that I know none of the parties involved but to me is just general interest. thank you....respectfully...

Well he actually made sense :) Said that because TLM testified against MR, his defense team would find it really difficult to make their case without putting him on the stand to hear in his own words his side of the story. Hmmm.

Of course ... because there was eye witness testimony regarding the crime, the suspect may benefit from taking the stand to explain himself ... or, as Greenspan said, he may do more damage than good. I think the defence team will have no difficulty defending their client with or without his testimony. It's apples and oranges, in my opinion.

So all three of you met in October 1987. The first time I read this that's what I understood, lol.

OM goodness, LOL, you are right!! Sorry Tahorn.

Let me rephrase that ...

PB and KH met in October 1987. With respect, Tahorn.

Hello Kitty... I wish you would not continue stating that I know as a fact anything about this case ...if you will take the trouble to reread my post I clearly stated and inserted "IMO"...that I believe is permitted on this site...if not then I am sure one of the mods will correct me... I choose not to argue this point any longer and I see no reason to get knickers in a knot over a case that I know none of the parties involved but to me is just general interest. thank you....respectfully...

I understand what you are saying, however there is evidence already that TS did not know TLM. I don't know how you can keep saying that she did (even if it is an opinion and of course you are entitled to) when it has been testified in court that she did not. That's all.

This was the first time this murderous couple committed the crime they did. Neither had a location to hold a victim for 2 years, let alone 2 days. That doesn't mean that they are not a murderous couple.

Yes and can you imagine had they had the means if that was even something they would entertain. I wondered had they not been caught what their spree would have been. It was such a heinous crime. Who does that to a child? Even if i was naive enough to believe MJR was so horrified by this and had to help cover up it is beyond comprehension. Who turns their back on an innocent child to die in such a horrific manner? Somebody who is an accomplice for their own sick gratification. MOO

Meant 1987, would be amazing to met seven years after their first crime.

Replying to comment:

Bernardo and Homolka were not "established" when they murdered Karla's sister. They were a quick hookup shortly after meeting in a bar, and then a whirlwind obsession and murder by Christmas.

Thanks. Yes, I started the confusion ... sorry. I got the years mixed up and thought that it was only a few months before their first murder, but I was completely wrong.

I'm still waiting for a connect the dots explanation of how a drug connection directly relates to the sexual assault and murder of a young girl.

Yeah me too.

I do agree that there is a history of team killers ... but you have to admit that their relationships were far more established, nothing about TLM and MR remotely resembles team killers.

I think MR recognized TLM for the weak character she was. I am only speculating of course, but he knew she would do what he wanted. It is obvious from their interactions he was not smitten with her. She thought she had found her prince charming and like KH she would do anything to keep him. And she did. JMO

Let's face it people, does it really matter if they did know each other? The fact remains that an innocent child was murdered by one or both of them, and IMO while BOTH were present. SO how does one knowing the other even matter? It doesn't make it any less brutal, it doesn't make one innocent, it doesn't change the ending of this story at all. Even if they did know each other, a little girl was murdered and someone is/has to pay for that! Really what does it matter, because it really doesn't change anything. Let's focus on Victoria and the end result.

I cant even wrap my head around anyone thinking MJR was an innocent bystander in all of this. The ME's report was beyond heartbreaking and sickening. Dear gawd if he was so innocent could he not hear the sickening cries of a child beaten so mercifully? Could he not stop the kicks and stomps that caused the sound of breaking of ribs? What is this world coming to that we can justify a man being present to such an act and justify it? I can justify it because he was an active participant. MOO

I would luv to see MJR take the stand. Do i think he will probably not. Statistic wise and surprisingly it does seem that Defense Lawyers are able to convince even the most Narcissistic sociopaths they should not.

I cant even wrap my head around anyone thinking MJR was an innocent bystander in all of this. The ME's report was beyond heartbreaking and sickening. Dear gawd if he was so innocent could he not hear the sickening cries of a child beaten so mercifully? Could he not stop the kicks and stomps that caused the sound of breaking of ribs? What is this world coming to that we can justify a man being present to such an act and justify it? I can justify it because he was an active participant. MOO

I couldn't agree with you more. That said, this site is a blessing because we witness that not everyone interperets evidence the same. A few of those may be on the jury. I learned that the hard way last summer. I will hope for the best and prepare for the worst. JMO

I couldn't agree with you more. That said, this site is a blessing because we witness that not everyone interperets evidence the same. A few of those may be on the jury. I learned that the hard way last summer. I will hope for the best and prepare for the worst. JMO

Yes we did witness the worst injustice last summer. It does shatter your confidence in the system. However we dont have the Sunshine Law and i cant help but believe it came into play. That's a whole other can of worms tho.

As tomorrow looms before us, I want to remind everyone that ALL OPINIONS ARE WELCOME.

I will have little patience for any back biting or put downs and you may find you are on TO without warning, because I will not take the time to pm you.

I expect everyone treat everyone else respectfully. You can disagree, but if you can't do it without bashing another poster, then it is best not to post.

If you have questions or concerns, you can pm me or any other mod and we will address them.

Thanks,

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members