Weekly Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
The card is beautiful Annasmom, thanks for sharing.

For the wonderful people here at the ACW thread and WS.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.
Sorry haven't been able to post because of surgery and cast on right hand but have been thinking if all of you.

...and then the holidays came along! Highlights of our search activities since Nov. 19 included information about Evelyn Wanek, with whom George Waters had a long telephone conversation shortly after Brody's death. The forum looked at many Sigrids, since Seka, a presumed Czech with whom Brody corresponded, might actually be named Sigrid. Two young women being considered were definitely ruled out as being Anna. Peggy Walla's handwriting analyses from Brody and Waters' letters were posted.

I intend to go through the insurance policies, but have not yet done so. The book Searching for Anna is almost ready to be uploaded.

Forum members who posted after the previous update include smile22, cubby, kyresearcher (recovering from surgery), Dr.Doogie, SherlockJr, Jodibug (expecting baby Laci in March), iNTERESTEDWOMAN, SeekingJana, raindrops, itsreenw, ASU2USC, Gina_M, annemc2, Mischa (from Germany), Sable, natasha-cupcake, and MagicRose99.

Happy New Year from all Anna's family!

Love, good thoughts and high hopes for the New Year, from me to you and your family, as well, Annasmom.

I just wanted Annasmom and family to know that I pray everyday that this is the year we bring sweet Anna home to her loving family, escpecially her mom.

Let's all pray that the year 2008 is when all of our lost loved ones will be found.

This is really amazing. Late last night and early this morning, I read the first thread and the BFH thread, and it's just incredible and fascinating to see what all has been done involving this case. I can see a huge change in you, since those first posts, Annasmom, and it's a good one. :) Thanks for the updates. I'll get caught up this week and see if I can find a "niche" here where I might be able to help out.

This is really amazing. Late last night and early this morning, I read the first thread and the BFH thread, and it's just incredible and fascinating to see what all has been done involving this case. I can see a huge change in you, since those first posts, Annasmom, and it's a good one. :) Thanks for the updates. I'll get caught up this week and see if I can find a "niche" here where I might be able to help out.
Yes, the forum has been a real healing force for me. I'm glad you noticed.

Dr. Doogie, are you aware of this case? DoeNetwork Case File 802DFCA

I have looked at it before. It is similar to the Cynthia Sumpter case in San Jose in 1974 in that if Anna was taken by stranger abduction, it may hold some relevance. If Anna was taken by the two Georges (which I believe is true), then it would not be related.

Thanks for posting this. If anybody comes across any more cases that you feel may be related, please post them or email them to me. We may spot something that connects them to Anna that LE may not have seen.

This is hardly a weekly update, but there are a few recent developments you might like to know about. All our efforts--letters, requests, copies of Searching for Anna--have not resulted in any exposure of this case on Missing Children's Day at the end of this month. So let's just keep our porch lights on that evening for a couple of hours and think positive thoughts.

SherlockJr has posted all the insurance information and all the banking information which was available in GW's records. Some of you have looked at this rather staggering amount of information and have had questions.

Dr. Doogie has added the bar code to the back cover of SFA, which means that it may now be generally available (through Amazon.com, etc.) toward the end of the month. We have sold about 75 copies in all, and the royalties almost cover the cost of bookplates (I've only had a very few requests for signed bookplates) and the cost of more books for distribution to the Library of Congress and to people whose names appear in the book.

Detective Gilletti, who has been in charge of Anna's case at the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office, has been reassigned, but he has offered to continue with Anna's case as time allows.

If I have forgotten anything here, please help me out.

SherlockJr has posted an ad for the book on Craigslist and I added it to my Classmates profile.

Happy Belated Mother's Day Annasmom...I thought of you on the day, as always! Hope it was a fantastic day for you~

This is hardly a weekly update, but there are a few recent developments you might like to know about. All our efforts--letters, requests, copies of Searching for Anna--have not resulted in any exposure of this case on Missing Children's Day at the end of this month. So let's just keep our porch lights on that evening for a couple of hours and think positive thoughts.

I added info and a link about Missing Childrens day requesting my fellow Single Parents on a Yahoo single parents forum to join us in remembering missing children by leaving our porch lights on and included the link to searchingforanna.com to read more about my "pet" missing child case. This SP group has many members from various advocate groups on the fathers rights side. I am also going to add the same to another advocate group i belong to for Child support enforcement. Anna will get some exposure there, and perhaps she too is a single parent who might frequent that type of forum or someone who might recognize her.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500