Weekly Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Natasha_Cupcake:

I hadn't even thought of that. Actually, whoever posted this did not do something bad - they just posted some things as fact that were not established as so. We are looking to make sure that the information in all media - websites, newspaper articles, etc. - is completely accurate. Whoever posted this is trying to do a good thing and for that we are grateful.

Natasha_Cupcake:

I hadn't even thought of that. Actually, whoever posted this did not do something bad - they just posted some things as fact that were not established as so. We are looking to make sure that the information in all media - websites, newspaper articles, etc. - is completely accurate. Whoever posted this is trying to do a good thing and for that we are grateful.

You're right, Doogie. I guess I did sound a little defensive.

I just sent Annasmom a pm with the site owner's contact info, but then I noticed that there has been one correction made on the page - Brody is now described (more accurately) as the "live-in mentor".

I do not remember the discussion about the word "Damron" that was found. What does this mean and what if any is the significance? Sorry if this has been discussed, just curious. Rhett.

Annasmom, I sent in an appeal to Oprah. I pray she will do the show. Rhett.

I do not remember the discussion about the word "Damron" that was found. What does this mean and what if any is the significance?

In a nutshell, this word was listed in George Waters's notebook while he was planning a vacation. "Damron" is the name of a travel guide published exclusively for gay travelers. This is the first hint that the two George's relationship may have been sexual, but the jury is still out on that question.

In a nutshell, this word was listed in George Waters's notebook while he was planning a vacation. "Damron" is the name of a travel guide published exclusively for gay travelers. This is the first hint that the two George's relationship may have been sexual, but the jury is still out on that question.
GW may have felt the need to keep up the pretense (if that's what it was) of homosexuality because of his claim to the draft board.

Things were slow the week following Oct. 19, so I didn't post an update, but lots has been happening this week. Those of you who are night owls will want to check the time of the Missing show, which will mention Anna in its broadcast this coming week.
The International Centre for Missing and Exploited Children has now posted Gina's video of Anna on its YouTube site, which is viewed worldwide. June Morrall's Half Moon Bay Memories has again posted a link to www.searchingforanna.com. Anna was featured in a concert on the Squeaky Wheel tour last Sunday.
SherlockJr contacted Craig B., the last person to see Anna before she disappeared, and spoke to him at length about his perceptions of Jan. 16, 1973. He was able to pinpoint on a map exactly where he saw Anna. Some errors were found on a website, MissingMe, which featured Anna, and the owner was contacted and asked to make corrections. RobinH, who was our go-between in all the business with "Mystery Woman C", PMed some information about Lloyd's of London insurance policies. Several people have sent self-addressed stamped envelopes for SFA bumper stickers. Several people have written to Oprah's web site, suggesting mention of Anna Jan. 16, (our projected date for releasing the book on Lulu) or on Missing Children's Day in May.
I would like to say something about NARSAD, the National Alliance for Research on Schizophrenia and Depression. One of the members of this worthy group has expressed interest in and sympathy for our story and has mentioned contacting a documentary film maker to see if Searching for Anna would be an appropriate subject for a movie.
AnnasUnc is working out of the country this week. Posting on the WebSleuths Forum were DrDoogie, Gina_M, GraceBlue, SherlockJr, MagicRose99, natasha-cupcake, Rhett, mfangel1, Jodibug, fox1950, iNTERESTEDWOMAN, and Cubby.

I just sent Annasmom a pm with the site owner's contact info, but then I noticed that there has been one correction made on the page - Brody is now described (more accurately) as the "live-in mentor".

The NACUP website with the inaccurate information is mine. I have volunteers that do research for me sometimes on cases, and I gave Anna's name in a list of cases I wanted to add some months ago. I took the information I was given afterward and wrote the original file. I apologize; I should certainly have researched the case myself.

I didn't become a member here until after the file was written, so when I started reading this thread I realized some of it was wrong, and changed a couple of things (like the mole on her face and Mr.Waters' relationship with Brody). Last night I was sent a PM by Annasmom, asking me to change the other erroneous information. I will gladly do so.

I've removed Anna's case for now, until I can finish reading these threads so I can give a better, and purely accurate synopsis of Anna's case. I feel very bad that I didn't provide it in the first place:blushing:

The NACUP website with the inaccurate information is mine. I have volunteers that do research for me sometimes on cases, and I gave Anna's name in a list of cases I wanted to add some months ago. I took the information I was given afterward and wrote the original file. I apologize; I should certainly have researched the case myself.

I didn't become a member here until after the file was written, so when I started reading this thread I realized some of it was wrong, and changed a couple of things (like the mole on her face and Mr.Waters' relationship with Brody). Last night I was sent a PM by Annasmom, asking me to change the other erroneous information. I will gladly do so.

I've removed Anna's case for now, until I can finish reading these threads so I can give a better, and purely accurate synopsis of Anna's case. I feel very bad that I didn't provide it in the first place:blushing:
Mandy, welcome, and thank you so much for looking into this and for your dedication to finding the missing.

Mandy: Thanks for your attention to accuracy on your site. We truely appreciate that you have posted Anna's story and will help you in any way to make sure that the information is correct. No reason to be embarrased (according to the smiley) and thanks again!

The Forum has been very active this week, looking at one Evelyn Warnick, with whom Dr. Waters had a lengthy telephone conversation shortly after George Brody died. MagicRose produced a street map and iNTERESTEDWOMAN showed names and numbers from a 1970 San Francisco telephone book which made it look probable that GW and GB were acquainted with this woman, who ran a health studio.
SherlockJr contacted a handwriting expert interviewed on Todd Matthews' show and asked if she would do a profile on handwriting samples of GB and GW. She has these samples and plans to make her report (which would include a possible personality profile on Brody) this weekend.
Mandy O'Blenis made some corrections to her good web pages on which Anna is featured.
Area news reports said that the Santa Clara County cold case unit is closing because of budget restrictions, though the bureau has solved 20 old cases. This only serves to point out once again how important your work is, WebSleuthers.
Posting on the Forum this week were Joe Ford, SherlockJr, GraceBlue, Gina_M, Dr. Doogie, Mandy O'Blenis, iNTERESTEDWOMAN, Sable, Cubby, MagicRose99, smile22, and fox1950.

I'm a little late posting this update because we're working hard to meet the Jan. 16 deadline for the book and I've been wrestling with my part for three days. One of the things I did was to total the views on this thread: 283,422! And Doogie opened Part 3 of the main thread after Part 2 reached 759 posts. Nancy, our Canadian friend, posted a page for Anna on Facebook. Peggy Walla, a highly-qualified handwriting expert, completed psychological profiles of George Brody and George Waters. Parts of Brody's profile were posted; Waters' have not yet been put up. Posting on the forum this week were Gina_M, SherlockJr, iNTERESTEDWOMAN, Dr. Doogie, Sable, MagicRose99, christina2448, smile22, jodibug, Cubby, natasha-cupcake, GraceBlue and Joe Ford.

Anna's family wishes you an angelic holiday.

Attachments

• Angels.jpg
    Angels.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 629
Here is the card the VCA of San Jose sent out this year. The tree is decorated with pictures of missing children and the ornaments are made by local schoolchildren.

Attachments

• VCA.jpg
    VCA.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 581
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics