West Memphis 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
:hand: A piece of hair? One piece of hair? Didn't the boys know one another before the day they were killed? I've got three kids of my own. I'm sure that my hair is at my kids' friend's houses that I've visited. I'm sure that the hair of my kids' friend's parents is probably at my house. I'm sure that my kids' hair is just about everywhere in this city and that of their friends. You're going to have to tell me about more than one piece of hair before I get excited about this "discovery."

Reading the Devils Knot now, (only gotten through Ch. 1), I had forgotten about the black male seen inside the Bojangles with the blood on him. Might have missed it in a conversation somewhere, but does anyone have anymore information on that? One of the police officers on duty actually took the call about that incident, written up as malicious mischief at the time, in between the calls from the murdered boys family members.

Jeana has a point about the hair. One hair is nothing, even the fact that it was tied inside the knot on the shoe lace. It was probably there to start with.

And something else that I didn't realize, the bodies were SUBMERGED. I used all caps because for some reason, I had always thought that they were found on a creek bank or something, but no...submerged. If the WM3 are guilty, that could easily explain absense of their dna. I wonder if any dna besides the one hair was found.

P. S.

The perp in the malicious mischief incident was described as seeming disoriented by the witnesses. There was also blood smeared on the walls. If he had been in a fight or attacked in some way and wanted to clean himself up, why would he have smeared blood on the walls? That is assuming that there were actually paper towels available in the bathroom. And yes, I know people do strange things. ;)

I have been thinking about the guilt of the West Memhis 3 since I chanced upon the HBO documentaries a few months ago...
Did any of the 3 have alibi's or did they alibi each other?
Mark Byers is a fruitcake who was in my opinion abusing his step son .He admits to beating the little guy with a belt..
I wonder if his wife could have perpetrated this crime with him? Not a nice thought but....
I have lots of questions about this case..
I want to see a 'new' trial ..

No, Nova I wouldn't want to be any associated with that jury! LOL

Chris Byers' injuries were terrible. Whoever killed these boys really resented Chris. I just wish the crime lab would have gotten dental impressions from John Mark Byers before he had his teeth pulled, that would have answered a lot of questions.
I agree with this .. the damage that was done to the Byers boy was horrific..it points to Chris being the target of the most perversity and rage. Why? Did he just 'fight' harder or was he targeted?
What of the report I read of a conversation between Byers and his Mum that says Chris saw someone in black taking his photo not long before his death. Was this true or just rumour?

I agree with this .. the damage that was done to the Byers boy was horrific..it points to Chris being the target of the most perversity and rage. Why? Did he just 'fight' harder or was he targeted?
What of the report I read of a conversation between Byers and his Mum that says Chris saw someone in black taking his photo not long before his death. Was this true or just rumour?

I think that was just a rumor. I haven't heard anything else about it.

Jeana, I think the big "to do" about the DNA tests is that there is none of the defendants' blood on any of the objects tested. The hair issue, I'm not too sure about.

This case is truly one of the most baffling yet infuriating. Whats the situation with Byers now? Does he comment at all on the people in jail for this?

I have been thinking about the guilt of the West Memhis 3 since I chanced upon the HBO documentaries a few months ago...
Did any of the 3 have alibi's or did they alibi each other?
Mark Byers is a fruitcake who was in my opinion abusing his step son .He admits to beating the little guy with a belt..
I wonder if his wife could have perpetrated this crime with him? Not a nice thought but....
I have lots of questions about this case..
I want to see a 'new' trial ..

I'm sure that you've got questions, but why should there be a whole new trial simply because some people may "want to see it"?? Trials cost enough the first time. Just because we didn't get to see this one doesn't mean it needs to be redone. IMO.:angel:

I'm sure that you've got questions, but why should there be a whole new trial simply because some people may "want to see it"?? Trials cost enough the first time. Just because we didn't get to see this one doesn't mean it needs to be redone. IMO.:angel:

Have you followed this case in any detail? If so, I am very surprised that you would object to a new trial.

I agree that one hair from a stepfather isn't necessarily incriminating, but that's still more evidence than exists against the WM3.

Jessie Miskelly's "confession" is a classic case of coercion. The "knife" used to convict Jason was dredged out of a public lake behind his house; there was no evidence it had ever belonged to him, nor was there proof it was used in the crimes. The evidence against Damian consists of small town gossip and Metallica records.

You know I am not anti-prosecution as a rule. But this case stinks to high heaven! The idea that Arkansas will execute somebody based on this miscarriage of justice should appall even the most staunch defender of capital punishment.

Have you followed this case in any detail? If so, I am very surprised that you would object to a new trial.

I agree that one hair from a stepfather isn't necessarily incriminating, but that's still more evidence than exists against the WM3.

Jessie Miskelly's "confession" is a classic case of coercion. The "knife" used to convict Jason was dredged out of a public lake behind his house; there was no evidence it had ever belonged to him, nor was there proof it was used in the crimes. The evidence against Damian consists of small town gossip and Metallica records.

You know I am not anti-prosecution as a rule. But this case stinks to high heaven! The idea that Arkansas will execute somebody based on this miscarriage of justice should appall even the most staunch defender of capital punishment.
Hello Nova, I agree that Misskelly's confession is a coerced confession. It is easy to put words in the mouth of someone who is of a low IQ to start with. I am surprised that he was ever considered reliable as a witness. From memory only a short portion was recorded.
I would like to know more regarding the claims that Echols was seen walking with his girlfriend and covered with mud.Was this ever substanciated or was this just another 'rumour'?I also wonder if a lot of
the so called facts regarding this case are just in fact myth..
I fence sit regarding the guilt or innocence because I just do not know..it is very hard to seperate the 'truth ' from fiction.
I also wonder how much pro-innocent spin has been added over the years by the West Memphis 3 support group.I know I am a cynic.
Is it possible that the victims were not killed at that site?

I didn't follow from day one, but have read a bunch of Damien's medical files, have the book and both Paradise Lost videos, in addition to my discussions with others on the internet and reading their website and others.

I think they're guilty, so I don't see the "miscarriage of justice" angle.

And, I happen to be a big Metallica fan, so don't think that I have a problem with their music, clothing or even Damien's "religeon."

Hello Nova, I agree that Misskelly's confession is a coerced confession. It is easy to put words in the mouth of someone who is of a low IQ to start with.

Are you kidding??? Do you know how many people with low IQs get questioned by police every day? They don't sit there and confess to murder simply because their bulbs are a little dim. Besides, we're not talking about someone with the IQ of a turnip. This guy KNEW what he was saying and needs to man up and pay for what he's done.

Are you kidding??? Do you know how many people with low IQs get questioned by police every day? They don't sit there and confess to murder simply because their bulbs are a little dim. Besides, we're not talking about someone with the IQ of a turnip. This guy KNEW what he was saying and needs to man up and pay for what he's done.
No..not kidding, Jeana. I realize that people with low IQ's are questioned everyday.. people will confess to anything if questioned under extreme duress and stress..I have seen this guy interviewed and he seems as good as a turnip to me.Although I am not an expert on turnips..
I do know what you are saying Jeana but I just feel that the case needs looking at again..after all Echols faces a death sentance.Of which he may well deserve.
As I stated before I am a fence sitter..
I know that is a 'cop' out but I just do not know..
I agree that Echols is a wierdo and I am horrified at some of the comments he made on the HBo documentaries..
But Byers needs to be looked at as a serious suspect also.

No..not kidding, Jeana. I realize that people with low IQ's are questioned everyday.. people will confess to anything if questioned under extreme duress and stress..I have seen this guy interviewed and he seems as good as a turnip to me.Although I am not an expert on turnips..
I do know what you are saying Jeana but I just feel that the case needs looking at again..after all Echols faces a death sentance.Of which he may well deserve.
As I stated before I am a fence sitter..
I know that is a 'cop' out but I just do not know..
I agree that Echols is a wierdo and I am horrified at some of the comments he made on the HBo documentaries..
But Byers needs to be looked at as a serious suspect also.

I have no problem with a second look, and I agree that EVERY possible thing must be done to ensure that the convictions were legit. However, I believe that this can be done short of a new trial. If glaring new evidence comes up, then possibly a new trial; however, I don't think that a single piece of hair sets that standard.

I have no problem with a second look, and I agree that EVERY possible thing must be done to ensure that the convictions were legit. However, I believe that this can be done short of a new trial. If glaring new evidence comes up, then possibly a new trial; however, I don't think that a single piece of hair sets that standard.
You know what Jeana... we agree on this! LOL
Is it possible for the case to be reviewed by someone without a trial?
That sounds like it is a great idea..
I do not have much stock in the hair either.

After reading more of the evidence and more about the crime scene, I'm thinking along the lines of torture murder connected to, but not necessarily involving Mark Byars.

I am afraid that these guys were railroaded because of keystone cops. There were angles that they just didn't pursue though they should have. There were 2 other guys, who had involvement with Mark Byars, one of which said something along the lines of "I could have commited the murders." (don't quote me on that because I don't have the book in front of me). But the police didn't look into that further. Now which is it? Did the WM3 do it, or did this guy do it?

My point is that people who live their lives on the fringe, with little to look forward to and misery staring them in the face every day will say things that straight thinking people just won't say. It is a fact that Damien was being targeted as he returned to Arkansas before these murders even took place. It's just a wierd, sordid tale that doesn't add up. The kid was mixed up, big time. He might have even been capable of murder, but I don't think he or the other 2 did this crime at this point. I could change my mind as I learn more about the case.

You know regardless of the guilt or innocence of these guys ,I am glad that we are all interested in this case.. it was a long time ago and if justice was not done for thses 3 little boys then it should be.
If as some believe justice has prevailed then we are doing no harm talking about various aspects of this case..
I wonder where all the money for the fighting fund has come from?

Jeana, Misskelley does have the IQ of a turnip. He's just not very bright. And I don't believe he confessed under his own free will. He parroted back to LE what they told him.

AR is a whole other ball game when it comes to justice. West Memphis is in the Bible Belt, so by the sheer fact of Damien, Jason, and Misskelley being different they were railroaded. Damien's medical records are strange, no doubt about it, but does strange equal murder? Not in this case.

I'll reply more later after I get the baby asleep.

You know what Jeana... we agree on this! LOL
Is it possible for the case to be reviewed by someone without a trial?
That sounds like it is a great idea..
I do not have much stock in the hair either.

That's what appeals courts are for!! Hopefully, they're going to look very closely.

Jeana, Misskelley does have the IQ of a turnip. He's just not very bright. And I don't believe he confessed under his own free will. He parroted back to LE what they told him.

AR is a whole other ball game when it comes to justice. West Memphis is in the Bible Belt, so by the sheer fact of Damien, Jason, and Misskelley being different they were railroaded. Damien's medical records are strange, no doubt about it, but does strange equal murder? Not in this case.

I'll reply more later after I get the baby asleep.

It would be easier for Damien to control him then and talk him into doing something he might not otherwise do. Like murdering three boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tnt328