West of Memphis

The problem the only evidence that points to someone bring there, points at TH. It makes the crime personal. And I believe it was.
I think it is time someone was elected into that town that takes this case apart and finds a way to exonerate these guys and put the real killer in jail before it's too late.

Forgive the autocorrect. Tapatalk has a mind of its own. :)

Unfortunately, I recently learned that Ellington is going to run again. Hopefully, he will have a worthy opponent who will expose him for what he is - a spineless jellyfish (IMO) who wouldn't (or couldn't) stand up to the powers that be and end this travesty of justice equitably. Please, if any Websleuthers are in Arkansas, vote against Ellington. I agree that, if an honest man (or at least a courageous man) were elected, Justice could finally be served in this case.

Does anyone know where I can watch West of Memphis online? Watched all of the Paradise Lost documentaries today on youtube but no such luck with WoM.

I'm not sure but you could try Amazon or Hulu Plus. I purchased a DVD so I could see it. It never came to a theater near me!

Don't know if anyone has noticed: The end credits say "This film was made possible with the support of", everyone is in there except DE and TH.
Would that be for license reasons?

I'm not sure but you could try Amazon or Hulu Plus. I purchased a DVD so I could see it. It never came to a theater near me!

West of Memphis is available on STARZ PLAY if you have a premium subscription to showtime, hbo, cinemax, starz, enocre, you can log in using your Cable account information and watch the West Of Memphis at the STARZ PLAY Website.

All other Documentaries Paradise Lost 1, 2, & 3, are on HBO GO or AMAZON INSTANT VIDEO and the Theatrical Version Devil's Knot is Now Available on Netflix.

Don't know if anyone has noticed: The end credits say "This film was made possible with the support of", everyone is in there except DE and TH.
Would that be for license reasons?

TH I understand, but DE's absence is a puzzler, unless it has something to do with the fact that Johnny Depp purchased the film rights to DE's book Life After Death. It would be interesting to know the truthful answer, though. Good catch!

TH I understand, but DE's absence is a puzzler, unless it has something to do with the fact that Johnny Depp purchased the film rights to DE's book Life After Death. It would be interesting to know the truthful answer, though. Good catch!

I thought I heard somewhere that Damien really didn't want this movie to be made. According to him, he really didn't want to re-live it; and from what he did see of the movie production, he didn't like (can't remember the exact details now). This movie (IIRC) actually put a wedge of sorts between Jason and Damien (where they even ceased talking to one another for a time), because Jason was 100% on board and really involved in its making; but Damien was not (hence, his absence -- seemingly unforced -- in the end credits).

I've read so much about this case that I can't recall the exact article, unfortunately. I also think that the wedge between Jason and Damien has healed somewhat since I read the article.

Damien was opposed to the Devil's Knot movie, not West of Memphis. DK is the one that drove the wedge between Damien and Jason (although I think that rift is somewhat mended now).

Damien was opposed to the Devil's Knot movie, not West of Memphis. DK is the one that drove the wedge between Damien and Jason (although I think that rift is somewhat mended now).

Right -- I thought that's what Cher Lockhomes was asking about: the end credits to Devil's Knot, no?

Both Damien and Lori were credited and heavily involved in the making for West of Memphis.

Right -- I thought that's what Cher Lockhomes was asking about: the end credits to Devil's Knot, no?

Both Damien and Lori were credited and heavily involved in the making for West of Memphis.

Hmmm . . . Since this thread was about West of Memphis, I assumed that was the movie being referenced. Sorry!

Userid:

Compassionate Reader:
Hmmm . . . Since this thread was about West of Memphis, I assumed that was the movie being referenced. Sorry!

I'm the one who is sorry. I did not specify that I was talking about West of Memphis.:shame:

I didn't realize that Damien was the co-producer, which makes it obvious why his name was not in the list. So it is even more understandable that TH is also not mentioned.

Just a couple of words to West of Memphis while I'm here.

West of Memphis was the first contact I had with this case. I later watched the Paradise Lost series.
If anyone is interested in this case, but doesn't know where to start, I would
recommend them to Start with the Paradise Lost series (part 2 is not so important in my view, but it's still interesting).
West of Memphis confused me a bit at first. I felt there was too much time jumping from past to present and vice versa.
I took a look at West of Memphis again after seeing Paradise Lost 1,2,and 3, and then it seemed a bit more coherent.

Userid:

Compassionate Reader:

I'm the one who is sorry. I did not specify that I was talking about West of Memphis.:shame:

I didn't realize that Damien was the co-producer, which makes it obvious why his name was not in the list. So it is even more understandable that TH is also not mentioned.

No problem! Threads are often derailed. :blowkiss:

West of Memphis is available on STARZ PLAY if you have a premium subscription to showtime, hbo, cinemax, starz, enocre, you can log in using your Cable account information and watch the West Of Memphis at the STARZ PLAY Website.

All other Documentaries Paradise Lost 1, 2, & 3, are on HBO GO or AMAZON INSTANT VIDEO and the Theatrical Version Devil's Knot is Now Available on Netflix.

Anyone know how to watch WOM if they don't have access to starz play?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just watched this today and woah the phone conversations with DJ and TH was somewhat chilling. Like TH was feeding him a story to say and DJ was having a serious attack of conscience. He was adamant about the authorities had the three killers and that they were looking for two people to replace the ones in prison meaning TH and DJ. There were some good points about animal predation especially with turtles. I'm convinced now more than ever this was a brutal parental attack on their child and all the kids for no witness. In the film it was said the beating and binding of the children could happened in 20 minutes I'm not sure it was that fast but could happen in the span of 1 hour maybe 90 minutes. The rigor that was set has to place tod at 12 hours before discovery. So the drowning deaths had to occur about 2 am.

Did the bodies being in the water affect rigor? I believe Christopher was already dead when placed in the water (not long, though) and Steven and Michael were unconscious and drowned. It's a shame that the investigation was so botched and that the water in the lungs was never tested to see if it was from the discovery ditch or elsewhere. Makes me suspect a cover up by the wmpd. JMO

After reading the whole thread today ( which btw is very interesting ) I just re watched the documentary. And again, I'm crying, no matter how many times I see the WM3 walking free, emotions get me. And I don't cry easily but that whole footage is (to me ) overwhelming.
I used to really love DE because I'm wiccan and I'm kinda labeled as "weird " by people around me so I really could see myself in his place as a teen , but after he was released his lies and things I read about him didn't just sit well for me. IMHO he just lies too much, he acts like... IDK I just believe any of them had anything to do with that horrible crime but I just can't see DE as I used too.
Anyway I'm just happy they're free and I hope I live to see the day that real justice is made for those three little boys that got brutality murdered.
Overall I think that the documentary was pretty good, surely pointing fingers at TH but with bases for such (like the hair DNA and him saying he didn't abused Amanda when it's clear he did ). He just should be thoroughly investigated and questioned as MB was. Why the state of Arkansas isn't searching for answers and justice, IDK. But at least, three innocent people aren't incarcerated anymore.
All IMHO, MOO and all that....

I never really considered them lies. I just consider him a drama queen.

I never really considered them lies. I just consider him a drama queen.
Yeah I understand what you mean but that: they beat me and my teeth were so bad and rotting and I got trough the pain by meditation (or something like that ) beats me because I unfortunately had teeth problems due to my parents not really caring about it and only a dentist solved them... it took a lot of time and money and he's still working on it... so maybe to everyone his statements about his teeth problems just jived, but that didn't got passed me. Sorry again just MOO based on personal experience.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissingPersonsMatter
Back