West Valley City photos, documents relating to the Susan Powell case

Again, as far as Josh is concerned, he had many many problems as far as socializing & sexually. He dated a few unknown women about 7 times maybe so far. From the docs.

http://img.ksl.com/slc/2507/250727/25072750.pdf

This release is redacted, but it really isn't. They redact names only to mention them a line or two later by first & even last name I have read. whoa.

Probably my computer, but the pdf will not open for me. Will you post it again or tell me which doc (out of many) from ksl you pulled it from? Thanks!

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=25263938

Oh gosh, haven't got to that part yet. I have only read about the boys in mutiple interviews that the boys ate, or were fed or were hungry so far when interviewed or by family statements, appeared hungry kidos. So don't quote me. I'm still reading the docs. slow reader..

I can't remember which page, because I've read so many, but Josh said that the boys, as babies, didn't need to eat so much because they would just 'poop it out'.

BBM

I noticed the same thing. In this article: He told authorities that he took his children camping in the middle of the night in frigid winter weather and that when he returned, his wife was gone. http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...er-dogs-will-search-house-lawyer-says-n110591

Yet, this eyewitness said Susan was with them at the Flying J that night. That Josh lie alone should have given a wedge for LE to pursue.

One of the little guys, May their little soles rest in heaven & be in peace (still don't believe this all happened to them but it did), said Susan was on the camping trip but didn't come home several times in his interviews, & in the docs. It could be that the Flying J woman was correct. Susan was there on this trip? Also, in the docs it was mentioned Susan was having nose bleeds at random from a witness and I thought maybe the home wasn't the crime scene after all? Could have been where he smacked her or something? Gosh, I'm reading when I can the 844 page link of witness and investigation docs and whew. I'm only on page 300 or so. Repetitive but if you skip stuff you might miss something, there's always something new I find out. Reptetive from so many friends, work or people from church that Susan was unhappy as all get out. (talk to professionals if you repeat your troubles more than 5 times to others, jmo) Good luck for anyones butt that are reading it. I feel like a slow reader and very uncomfortable at times reading all of it due to Susan being open to everyone but not seeking enough help from professionals. She tried and seemed almost there to leave this crackpot, his views & his father, cough. Susan stood up to the, well...I think she fought him that night & Susan for the boys sake, went with them, bad words...

To me, the Powell family secrets need exposed. I'm sure it might be in the docs. If not, I'll have a fit. Good luck anyone reading these docs. jmo

My heart goes out to Susan & her family.

http://img.ksl.com/slc/2507/250727/25072750.pdf

Just found these links and havent had a chance to delve in - but remember back in 2012-2013 there were reports that the PD believed Joshs brother was involved with Josh at least in the disposal of Susans body? Has anyone come across anything in the docs about this?

Just found these links and havent had a chance to delve in - but remember back in 2012-2013 there were reports that the PD believed Joshs brother was involved with Josh at least in the disposal of Susans body? Has anyone come across anything in the docs about this?

I haven't read all the documents yet so I don't know if the following information can be found in the docs but I recently read the latest book on this case ('If I can't have you' by Gregg Olsen and Rebecca Morris) and it states that when Mike and Alina drove back from West Valley City, where they had stayed with Josh for a week after Susan went missing, to Puyallup, Mike's car broke down. Mike used Alina's AAA membership to have it towed to Lindell's Auto and Truck Parts in Pendleton, Oregon but he didn't want it fixed and he sold the car for $100.

In September of 2011 Mike called a imaging company in Boulder, Colorado because he wanted to buy a high-resolution satellite image of the salvage yard so he could see whether his car had been cut up and sold in pieces. There was a detective at the imaging company when he called and the police rushed to Pendleton. They brought in a cadaver dog that searched the back of the vehicle and then indicated a positive "hit" for the scent of a body. The car was later processed by a forensics unit (I think I read somewhere else that there was no DNA of Susan found). They went to interview Mike and when they brought up the car he got extremely nervous, evasive and lied about where it had broken down. Deputy Chief Phil Quinlan said that Mike was terrified.

In January of 2013 (almost a year after Josh killed C&B) Chuck Cox received a tip. The caller was a relative of the Powells who said that one of Steve's sisters and her husband had rented a house on 180 acres of thickly wooded forest outside of Salem, Oregon, in late 2009. The entire Powell clan had access to the property. Chuck passed on the lead to the police and because Mike's car also broke down in Oregon they quickly planned a search. Just 5 days after Chuck shared the tip with the police, Mike committed suicide. Chuck believes that a relative must have told him about the pending search.

In May of 2013 police, cadaver dogs, local LE and volunteers combed the 180 acres but unfortunately they found nothing. The search warrant for the property did not cover the house or crawl space so Chuck hopes to return.

I'm sorry for the long post..I hope this answers your question a little!

My hope is that this time they will get a search warrant for the house and crawl space

I don't think the disappearance was about Steven Cox, even after reading his nauseating and voluminous diary of obsession. However, he apparently did take some time off work around that time.

As they say, it's all about the first 48 hours. The boys later seemed to provide some really detailed info about where Susan Powell was buried. They said she was in a place "where flowers and crystals grew." Their dad showed them how to kill a "bear" by putting it in a hole and covering it with rocks and a berry bush. Before her disappearance, she referred to herself as a "mama bear"; no doubt others did too. I wonder though what was so important to Josh about getting a blowtorch. Was it used to destroy a murder weapon, such as a knife? Was it used to break into a sealed off mine? Or to weld her remains inside a metal tank, maybe even a gas tank? That would explain why Mike Powell panicked about the disposed vehicle, but surely someone would have noticed the odor of decay?

I don't think the searchers really knew what they were seeking at first: a perfectly camouflaged site, not a typical shallow grave or mine shaft. (Remember when they failed to discover the pit where Elizabeth Smart was holed up?) Then, it seems likely the body was moved.

The case does provide valuable lessons about how not to live together. People should study it and do their best not to emulate this family.

Truly, one of the worst outcomes imaginable. Such devastation.

Yes that is mentioned in the big .pdf, towards the end.

The boys later seemed to provide some really detailed info about where Susan Powell was buried. They said she was in a place "where flowers and crystals grew." Their dad showed them how to kill a "bear" by putting it in a hole and covering it with rocks and a berry bush.

For that matter, junipers have berries, and there seemed to be junipers all over the places they went camping.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frito
Back