What a couple of great radio shows on JonBenet

With all due respect, I did listen to Dr. Lee's analysis. Or at least most of it.

Glad to hear it.

I hate you would say that about the eyes of your child.

She has good reason.

Especially since I believe that LE has made strong statements that discredit prior issues with the DNA.

By "LE," you obviously mean Mary Lacy, nobody I would trust. And you shouldn't either. I don't think you realize what a fool she made out of everyone who believed in her. But, any port in a storm, right?

That goes for me, too.

I don't think he's interested, Tricia. In fact, given the things he's said behind your back, I'm SURE he's not.

LOL! We are not children here. At least I am not. I have no problem saying anything and don't need to say it behind anyone's back. I am disappointed in Tricia's theory but I can respect what she has accomplished. She flat out said she would apologize for a long time is she were wrong. If it were to be IDI and she did exactly that, I would give her enormous credit. And she has been right a lot. Don't be a little Johnny that wants the entire board RDI.

At the same time, you can't catch me betting my sons eyes on any outcome of this case. Not enough info for me do that. Too many screwups on both sides and information pointing everywhere.

Everyone please remember, Attack the Post, Not the Poster.

Thanks,
Tricia

LOL! We are not children here. At least I am not. I have no problem saying anything and don't need to say it behind anyone's back.

Just keeping it honest.

I am disappointed in Tricia's theory but I can respect what she has accomplished.

You can't look at what she's done and NOT be impressed.

She flat out said she would apologize for a long time is she were wrong. If it were to be IDI and she did exactly that, I would give her enormous credit.

She's not the only one. I've known quite a few who feel that way, myself included.

And she has been right a lot.

I trust her. I can't say that for a lot of people.

Don't be a little Johnny that wants the entire board RDI.

Out of deference to Tricia, I'll let that pass.

At the same time, you can't catch me betting my sons eyes on any outcome of this case. Not enough info for me do that. Too many screwups on both sides and information pointing everywhere.

That's why I'm not a betting man.

Everyone please remember, Attack the Post, Not the Poster.

Thanks,
Tricia

Okay Tricia.

But let me say your idea of an attack has been unfair. Your feelings have got an unbiased view on what is fair and not. I say that knowing I could get canned here in an instant. Your views and opinions are known. But you have suggested in a sense that the touch DNA have intrigued you in a sense. Your opinon hasn't changed and you make that clear.

Without name any specific posters, you have let your opinion known but you have never suggested that EVERY RDI theory is correct. You just are RDI. I am staunch IDI. Nearly 100%. Let me express that and stay. Because when you are proven wrong I am gonna help you. You cant be Tricia at Webslueths and be right ALL of the time.

And if you are right which will never be admitted until proven, i will be here to answer. This site needs two sides and I know this case is a big one and important to you for many reasons, business and personal, let me hang around . You have banned IDI's with less consideration than RDI's . That is widely known. You have that right to do whatever. I will be here RDI or IDI if you let me.

I disagree, mtwentz. As far as I'm concerned, there's no question about Mary Lacy's credibility at all: she has none!

I don't think our friend realizes just what a GIGANTIC disservice ML did to the IDI position!
Well, I was trying to give Mrs. Lacy the benefit of the doubt :). Honestly, I do not know very much about her since I do not live in Colorado, and don't pay attention to Boulder politics. So I could not say whether or not she was a good or bad D.A. overall. It might be that she has done some good in her time in office.

But on this particular case, I think you are right that she has no credibility. She had three strikes against her before releasing the "exoneration" letter- breaking into Boulder police computer (although this was never proven, ST believes it was covered up), making the comment referred to in the radio show that "men are in no position to judge Patsy Ramsey", and most importantly of all, putting an arrest warrant for a man (if you can call him that) against which she had no real evidence.

So my impression is that she is a real flake.

Okay Tricia.

But let me say your idea of an attack has been unfair. Your feelings have got an unbiased view on what is fair and not. I say that knowing I could get canned here in an instant. Your views and opinions are known. But you have suggested in a sense that the touch DNA have intrigued you in a sense. Your opinon hasn't changed and you make that clear.

Without name any specific posters, you have let your opinion known but you have never suggested that EVERY RDI theory is correct. You just are RDI. I am staunch IDI. Nearly 100%. Let me express that and stay. Because when you are proven wrong I am gonna help you. You cant be Tricia at Webslueths and be right ALL of the time.

And if you are right which will never be admitted until proven, i will be here to answer. This site needs two sides and I know this case is a big one and important to you for many reasons, business and personal, let me hang around . You have banned IDI's with less consideration than RDI's . That is widely known. You have that right to do whatever. I will be here RDI or IDI if you let me.
Roy23,

You can't really be sure that Tricia will be proven wrong. Just like she can't be sure that you will be proven wrong.

And this is not about any of our egos here on this Forum. It should never be about, "See, I told you so" (Although those here, including Tricia, who did not fall for the John Mark Karr red herring have a perfect right to point that out when debating people who did believe there was real evidence against Karr).

What it is about is finding justice for this little six year old girl who would be 21 now.

If there is some monster out there who likes to slip into rich people's homes, write long, rambling ransom notes from the rich peoples' pen and paper, kidnap their little girls for relatively small amounts of money, then kill the girls with implements found around the house instead of just strangling with their own hands, and leave their bodies behind before ransom can be collected, then I hope this monster is caught before he or she strikes again. And I for one will admit I was wrong to suspect the Rs.

But it seems significant to me that this "monster" has not struck again in 15 years. And it also is significant to me that after they have been "cleared", the Rs don't want Burke to talk to Boulder Police.

Why aren't the Rs trying to hunt this monster down? No court anywhere is going to convict anyone of them at this point. Why continue to stonewall?

Roy23,

You can't really be sure that Tricia will be proven wrong. Just like she can't be sure that you will be proven wrong.

And this is not about any of our egos here on this Forum. It should never be about, "See, I told you so" (Although those here, including Tricia, who did not fall for the John Mark Karr red herring have a perfect right to point that out when debating people who did believe there was real evidence against Karr).

What it is about is finding justice for this little six year old girl who would be 21 now.

If there is some monster out there who likes to slip into rich people's homes, write long, rambling ransom notes from the rich peoples' pen and paper, kidnap their little girls for relatively small amounts of money, then kill the girls with implements found around the house instead of just strangling with their own hands, and leave their bodies behind before ransom can be collected, then I hope this monster is caught before he or she strikes again. And I for one will admit I was wrong to suspect the Rs.

But it seems significant to me that this "monster" has not struck again in 15 years. And it also is significant to me that after they have been "cleared", the Rs don't want Burke to talk to Boulder Police.

Why aren't the Rs trying to hunt this monster down? No court anywhere is going to convict anyone of them at this point. Why continue to stonewall?

I can promise you that I am not all knowing or certain of anything. I am certain of my opinion. And i call it an opinion. i also just want justice. I believe the R's want the monster caught and I believe the R's have said everything they know to say to police. i don't believe they are stonewalling.

I think the culprit could be someone known to the Ramsey's as Tricia suggested. Why in 15 years has it not been tied to other crimes I just don't know? That doesn't point IDI for sure just as the note doesn't.

Although both sides can get emotional at times, in the whole scheme of things whoever did it doesn't affect most of our lives one way or the other. I think it's the personal attacks on forums that get people in trouble and over the years there's been some humdingers, some vicious ones. This website has evolved since it's beginning. JBR is just one small part---I will give Tricia credit for her efforts in creating what this website has become. It's one place where you can log on to learn more about other cases. I think the key is don't make it personal.

Okay Tricia.

I am not going to ban you. I WANT YOU HERE. I really do. It is boring posting only with people who all think alike.

If I have banned an IDI unfairly please email me at tgrif@xmission.com and tell me the name they used on WS and I will look at the situation again. But do keep in mind there are other reasons people get banned. Say if they send a rude PM to a moderator or threaten a poster off the forum. Not all bannings have to do with only what a person posts.

All anyone has to do to be a member in good standing is abide by the terms of service, be polite, and do not personally attack each other.

There are only three things I know for certain.

1- I love my child so deeply I can't begin to put it into words

2- We will all die someday

3- There was no stranger intruder who came in through the window and wrote the note and killed JonBenet.

Although with the leaps and bounds we are making in science maybe we eventually will live forever but, no doubt, number 1 and number 3 are solid.

Well, I was trying to give Mrs. Lacy the benefit of the doubt :).

Yeah, I tried that for a while. Didn't last!

Honestly, I do not know very much about her since I do not live in Colorado, and don't pay attention to Boulder politics.

Well, most of us here know PLENTY about her. And it's appropriate that you mention Boulder politics, because I've often said that Boulder is the ONLY place where a CloudCuckoolander like Mary Lacy could be elected DA! And even then, it helps to remember that she wasn't really elected as we would think, since there was hardly any opposition to her campaigns. It would be more like a royal succession, when the outgoing monarch passes the sceptre. Kim Jong-Un's succession of his father comes to mind.

So I could not say whether or not she was a good or bad D.A. overall. It might be that she has done some good in her time in office.

If she did, I'm not aware of any. As for bad, well, this case is the biggest, but not the ONLY one. Back in 2004, she pursued a rape case against some football players from CU Boulder, when it was clear that there was no case to pursue. One can liken it to the later Duke University hoax, with the notable exception that, unlike Mike Nifong, who was hounded out of office, nobody seemed to CARE what an idiot ML was!

I mention this, because it highlights a reason why many people think ML did the stupid things she did: she was a radical feminist who always took the side of women, no matter what. Obviously, you're aware of her comments to the police in THIS case that "men are in no position to judge Patsy Ramsey," but that's tame compared to what a former campaign worker of hers once said about it.

Then, there was 2006, where she wouldn't take any action in the case of Jason Midyette, a baby beaten to death in his home. At least, she wouldn't take any action until one of Bill O'Reilly's operatives ambushed her in her own driveway!

But on this particular case, I think you are right that she has no credibility. She had three strikes against her before releasing the "exoneration" letter- breaking into Boulder police computer (although this was never proven, ST believes it was covered up), making the comment referred to in the radio show that "men are in no position to judge Patsy Ramsey",

That one's particularly egregious.

and most importantly of all, putting an arrest warrant for a man (if you can call him that) against which she had no real evidence.

To paraphrase Winston Churchill, she transported him back the way you would transport a plague virus. And you're right: no evidence at all. A FIRST-YEAR LAW STUDENT would know better than that!

You want to talk about giving someone the benefit of the doubt? Despite my skepticism, it kept running through my mind, "nah, she couldn't be THAT stupid." I guess I was wrong!

So my impression is that she is a real flake.

That's how Chris Wolf summed her up!

It's funny: after the JMK debacle, ST stated publically that ML should have stepped down. It would have been the right thing to do, and if she refused, the state should have forced her out. And I'm convinced that anywhere else, that would have happened, but not in Boulder! Nobody gave a damn. That's the saddest part.

I am not going to ban you. I WANT YOU HERE. I really do. It is boring posting only with people who all think alike.

If I have banned an IDI unfairly please email me at tgrif@xmission.com and tell me the name they used on WS and I will look at the situation again. But do keep in mind there are other reasons people get banned. Say if they send a rude PM to a moderator or threaten a poster off the forum. Not all bannings have to do with only what a person posts.

All anyone has to do to be a member in good standing is abide by the terms of service, be polite, and do not personally attack each other.

There are only three things I know for certain.

1- I love my child so deeply I can't begin to put it into words

2- We will all die someday

3- There was no stranger intruder who came in through the window and wrote the note and killed JonBenet.

Although with the leaps and bounds we are making in science maybe we eventually will live forever but, no doubt, number 1 and number 3 are solid.

Wow, you are committed to your belief. I am not going to waste your time on posters banned here. I don't know the details anyway really. Thanks for taking the time and go do what you do making the world a better place.

Maybe just maybe, we solve this case this year. Heck if we could just find the source for the DNA I would be overjoyed.

SD,

Unfortunately, my impression is that, because it has such a low violent crime rate, the residents of Boulder don't care one way or another when the D.A. flubs up now and then. If Boulder had the crime rate of the city I live in, the voters of her city would have given ML the boot sooner or later, from what you're telling me about her numerous screw-ups.

SD,

Unfortunately, my impression is that, because it has such a low violent crime rate, the residents of Boulder don't care one way or another when the D.A. flubs up now and then. If Boulder had the crime rate of the city I live in, the voters of her city would have given ML the boot sooner or later, from what you're telling me about her numerous screw-ups.

Yeah, that's how I understand it, too. No one there is really interested in justice; they just want it to go away.

There was one thing I forgot to mention. ML said her "men can't understand" line in the wake of the 1998 interviews, but she made her presence known earlier than that when she confronted one of the cops who conducted the interviews, Tom Haney. He was the one who very thoroughly roasted Patsy.

Well, after the interview was done, ML really got in his face. Showing those same rad-fem colors, she berated Haney for being, as she saw it, "too tough" on Patsy. Now, let me put that in perspective for you: Tom Haney is, without question, one of the finest homicide detectives in the country, and knows a little something about how to conduct an interview. And here you have this assistant District Attorney, who was not even directly involved in the case, and who never even TAKEN a homicide case to trial, tell him that he's too tough for using absolutely STANDARD interview techniques that the greenest rookie working a BEAT would know! He didn't take too kindly to it, either. His general feeling was, "who the hell does she think SHE is?"

Yes, I don't doubt that if this had been any other city, Alex Hunter and that whole pack of hyenas would have been not just booted from office, but run out of town on a rail!

Ever wonder what happens to the law students that graduate at the bottom of their class? Wonder no more....

DeeDee, when I was visiting your delightful country back in 2005, I was astounded at how many advertisements there were for Law Firms on the television.

For a country of 300 Million, you guys certainly seem to have more than your share of lawyers.

There's a clever scenario in one of The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy books where an entire civilization eventually disappears because over time every shop on their planet became a Shoe Shop.

I worry about a society comprised of huge numbers of legal representatives...and combine this with a society that tells people that they can be anything they want to be.

End result....everyone does what they want to...not what they're actually good at ;)

DeeDee, when I was visiting your delightful country back in 2005, I was astounded at how many advertisements there were for Law Firms on the television.

For a country of 300 Million, you guys certainly seem to have more than your share of lawyers.

There's a clever scenario in one of The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy books where an entire civilization eventually disappears because over time every shop on their planet became a Shoe Shop.

I worry about a society comprised of huge numbers of legal representatives...and combine this with a society that tells people that they can be anything they want to be.

End result....everyone does what they want to...not what they're actually good at ;)
wonderllama:

Agreed, there are way too many lawyers in the U.S. It is a symptom of our economic and educational problems- we are doing poorly in mathematics and science, which pushes more students into studying history, sociology, anthropology, etc. Which means, at the end of the day, many college grads find little option but to study law, which leads to a surplus of lawyers and...in the end...an excessive amount of attorneys in search of a lawsuit.

wonderllama:

Agreed, there are way too many lawyers in the U.S. It is a symptom of our economic and educational problems- we are doing poorly in mathematics and science, which pushes more students into studying history, sociology, anthropology, etc. Which means, at the end of the day, many college grads find little option but to study law, which leads to a surplus of lawyers and...in the end...an excessive amount of attorneys in search of a lawsuit.

(BBM) I'm sorry but I had to laugh at the first sentence of your post. William Shakespear said to kill all the attorneys.

Actually if you are looking for an attorney, the one who will take your specific case and win it, you would not believe there are too many lawyers in the U.S.

Many lawyers have specialities they practice; including some based in science and other areas of subjects ranging from criminal law and divorce to finance and copyrights and trademarks. Not all lawyers fit the case or have the background someone may need representation in a court of law. Therefore, a large selection of attorneys is important in my opinion.

just my O

Llama, there's an old joke that sums it up. I think you'll like it:

Why did Australia get convicts and America get lawyers?

Because Australia got the first pick! :floorlaugh:

wonderllama:

There's a term for lawyers like that: ambulance chasers.

mtwentz, did you know that the Ramseys' lawyer, Lin Wood, once BRAGGED in open court about how much money he's made off this little girl's dead body?

The man is a snake. Actually, I'm sorry I said that. It isn't fair to the snakes! If there was a snake here, I'd apologize!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back