What are you sick of hearing since the verdict has been announced regarding Casey?

I am sick of people hurling insults at the jury, calling them uneducated, greedy, etc. These people spent six weeks as virtual prisoners to serve on this trial. Now one of them has found it necessary to move to another state just to feel she is safe & to have her privacy back. No person who serves on a jury should feel they are beholden to public opinion & should have to deliver a popular verdict just to avoid ridicule & death threats. Why can't people respectfully disagree with the verdict? This kind of lynch mob mentality will surely frighten good people away from jury service in the future, which is really a shame. Channel your outrage at the verdict into something positive people. That is the only way to really honor little Caylee's memory.

I am sick of people hurling insults at the jury, calling them uneducated, greedy, etc. These people spent six weeks as virtual prisoners to serve on this trial. Now one of them has found it necessary to move to another state just to feel she is safe & to have her privacy back. No person who serves on a jury should feel they are beholden to public opinion & should have to deliver a popular verdict just to avoid ridicule & death threats. Why can't people respectfully disagree with the verdict? This kind of lynch mob mentality will surely frighten good people away from jury service in the future, which is really a shame. Channel your outrage at the verdict into something positive people. That is the only way to really honor little Caylee's memory.

Over 1,200,000 of us have done exactly that. We are in the process of evaluating the system that led to this outrageous result. This case will bring about changes to better the judicial process and laws to protect other children.

We didn't need anyone to tell us what to do we just heard about proposals and we took action.

I really doubt that anybody here has been sending death threats to the jury. The justice system is here to serve the community, the community has every right to speak up when it goes wrong. And yes, it went wrong. When a murderer walks free when there is so much evidence against her (more than in many other cases that result in convictions) something went wrong.

Devilsplaything, you are wrong to think that everyone here is only getting their info from the evil "media". The document dumps have all been pored over and discussed in detail here and and in many other forums, to claim that there is info there that shows that Casey is anything but guilty is incorrect. With the exception of some exaggerations by some talking heads, most of the info that they report comes from the documents. Enough with the conspiracy theories about the media painting an innocent Casey into a monster. It's not what happened.

"found not guilty"
I keep hearing them say it and I've heard it enough!

I was blown away when JB, in his first post-trial comments, stated that the death penalty is morally equivalent to murder. :waitasec:

I am sick of the replays of her on sentencing day where she constantly touches her hair. She did it during the trial, but much more when her hair was down.

Any lawyer, like Mark Geragos and Cheney Mason, convinced of someone's guilt, that can say that someone's defense is going to be a circus and then a conviction, should not be allowed to then defend that person. Their only intent, clearly, is to be part of the circus.

Dang it feels so good to agree with otto :p

Exactly right.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member