What are your theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the Welcome :blushing:

There is so much to process from this and then reading everyone's posts. So I am gonna try my best to add my thoughts about some more.. starting where I left off

5. It was "normal" not to have many possessions. This could explain why he didn't have anything on him. I lived on a school bus for a couple of years, and all I had was a trash bag of stuff. When hitchhiking I usually had a backpack on me, but if only going to a couple of shows we usually traveled with nothing.

6. I thought a lot about where Eric could of picked up Grateful Doe. Unfortunately there is really no knowing. They could of had a mutual friend set up the ride, GD could of been picked up hitchhiking anywhere (highway, truck stop etc) Back then we would go to the truck stops to hitchhike. It was easier to catch a ride from there.

7. I feel he was headed home...where ever that may be. The next Dead show was in Michigan and then Pennsylvania. The Rainbow gather was in New Mexico that year, so he wasn't headed that way

8. It was normal to crash on stranger couch or floor. While traveling if we didn't have the money to stay at hotels we would go through the Rainbow Guide http://www.bliss-fire.com/WhatIsRbGuide.php ( our's wasn't on the net) and find people to contact to stay with. He could of been headed to a friends or rainbow family. Also we can't forget about the communes. This is one that we stayed at alot. http://www.thefarm.org/ . Communes are very close knit, so if you contacted any of them, I am sure they could tell you he stayed there or not. I know it was 20yrs ago, but I am sure someone would remember. I hadn't been there in 15yrs, but recently took a vacation there with my kids, and all my old friends remembered me.

9. It was normal to travel with complete strangers. So him not knowing Eric would have been normal

I really feel that Jason C from Myrtle Beach is GD, which would explain why he was headed that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500