What do JonBenet's clothes say?

angelnsb said:
http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/08051998-jbramerica-pic4.htm

The pictures here, show JB in a velvet dress also they are making gingerbread houses, which I believe Patsy had stated in her interview that they did do the night of Fleet's party...Could these pictures be from that night?
I thought the gingerbread house decorating happened at the Ramsey's christmas party on the 23rd. I understand Jonbenet was wearing the velvet dress at that party. The pics I have seen of that party show her in the velvet dress.

narlacat said:
I thought the gingerbread house decorating happened at the Ramsey's christmas party on the 23rd. I understand Jonbenet was wearing the velvet dress at that party. The pics I have seen of that party show her in the velvet dress.
Clearly Patsy is more casual about things than I am. A velvet dress and a gallon of frosting sounds to me like a recipe for disaster. Perhaps it was washable. :)

http://www.angelfire.com/ar3/jonbenet/1998ae.html

Man: The Ramseys had people in their home for the last time just two days before the murder. It was a children's party.

JR: Well, she and one of her little friends were hanging up the coats and that kind of thing - she did that, that night - I remember that.

PR: I had gotten gingerbread houses and each family was going to decorate a gingerbread house. I had all these gum-drops and I'd bought a gallon of frosing and they were just having a ball. It was just a really fun evening.

angelnsb said:
Perhaps it wasn't the item (pants, dress, vest) that patsy misquoted, perhaps it was the date 23rd, 25th...Christmas is such a busy time, maybe it was still laying out since the White's party on the 23rd

That is certainly a possibility. However, it is an inconsistency, and one that we can't fully validate because the pictures from the White's party haven't been released.

My point continues to be that there must be something of merit to the case in those pictures. When Patsy gives an inconsistent report of what JB wore to the party, as well as an inconsistent account of what JB wore to bed, coupled with the pictures being kept underwraps, it makes my eyebrows raise and my mind get into gear.

How did the other (Christmas morning) pictures get released? Were they leaked? Released by BPD? the Ramseys?

The velvet dress Patsy speaks of is the purple velvet dress JonBenet wore Christmas Eve along with her velvet shoes. She wore the dress to Church and Pasta Jays....John Ramsey spoke of how beautiful JonBenet looked in her purple velvet dress.

Much has been said about Dec.23 and Dec 25. Except for the early evening of Dec. 24th of going to church,eating dinner at Pasta Jay's,and then going for a ride to see the star... as far as I can recollect,I haven't really heard or read of what was going on during the day of Dec.24th.

Can anyone give me info on that?

tipper said:
How did the other (Christmas morning) pictures get released? Were they leaked? Released by BPD? the Ramseys?

One can only assume that they were on the camera that JR turned over to the BPD. Again, that is an assumption as I don't know. Maybe someone else will know that.

Right, Toltec, JB reportedly wore the purple velvet dress on Christmas Eve Night. In question is Patsy's statement that JB wore a velvet dress to the White's.

Nehemiah said:
One can only assume that they were on the camera that JR turned over to the BPD. Again, that is an assumption as I don't know. Maybe someone else will know that.

Right, Toltec, JB reportedly wore the purple velvet dress on Christmas Eve Night. In question is Patsy's statement that JB wore a velvet dress to the White's.

That is a bit strange that Patsy would get mixed up about what JonBenet was wearing at the White's,if only for the fact that she would have to remember that they had a disagreement over what JB was going to wear to thw White's ...one of the last (and sad) exchanges between them,before she died.

Nehemiah said:

[...]
What I was thinking was perhaps after the debacle over the autopsy photos, BPD tightened up on what pictures got released etc. Maybe that's why the pictures at the White's are still not out. I would think, since they were taken by the Whites of their own party, that JonBenet would not have been the focus of the pictures. Though we know from ST that there is at least one showing her in the white shirt.

Nehemiah said:
That is certainly a possibility. However, it is an inconsistency, and one that we can't fully validate because the pictures from the White's party haven't been released.

My point continues to be that there must be something of merit to the case in those pictures. When Patsy gives an inconsistent report of what JB wore to the party, as well as an inconsistent account of what JB wore to bed, coupled with the pictures being kept underwraps, it makes my eyebrows raise and my mind get into gear.
It seems like there are a lot of unanswered questions involving the party at the Whites, and I do think there is something on those pictures that they don't want the public to see.

Cranberry said:
In the 6/98 interview with JR near the end (line 0776) JR describes an item "looks like a vest" on the ironing board or bow tie?

Yes, and in all fairness to Patsy, she may have said "little black velvet vest" instead of "dress". Perhaps the court reporter got it wrong.

Nehemiah said:
Yes, and in all fairness to Patsy, she may have said "little black velvet vest" instead of "dress". Perhaps the court reporter got it wrong.
Wasnt the velvet dress purple??

tipper said:
I think the Dec 24th dress was purple. The party dress on the 23rd definitely looks black to me.

Right Tipper....Why Patsy didn't hang up these dresses after JonBenet wore them is incredible.

I'm sure those dresses were quite expensive yet she leaves them right where JonBenet takes them off. It brings to mind the soiled pants left right in the middle of the bathroom floor which Patsy claims she didn't see while searching for pajama bottoms. I wonder if the pink pajama bottoms JonBenet wore Christmas eve were ever found or taken into evidence.

Patsy's sweater that was on JonBenet's bed is most likely there because Patsy lent it to Arianna Pugh for the 23d party.

Toltec said:
Right Tipper....Why Patsy didn't hang up these dresses after JonBenet wore them is incredible.

I'm sure those dresses were quite expensive yet she leaves them right where JonBenet takes them off. It brings to mind the soiled pants left right in the middle of the bathroom floor which Patsy claims she didn't see while searching for pajama bottoms. I wonder if the pink pajama bottoms JonBenet wore Christmas eve were ever found or taken into evidence.

Patsy's sweater that was on JonBenet's bed is most likely there because Patsy lent it to Arianna Pugh for the 23d party.
Well, we know Patsy wasn't a stickler for neatness so it doesn't surprise me that they were left on the floor. Especially if they were washable. Plus you've got all the focus on Christmas and getting the presents under the tree etc. so even a reasonably tidy person might not bother with hanging clothes up (or putting them in the laundry).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back