What do you think is going to happen now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't see no resolution ,no charges & life goes on as usual with the McCanns parenting the twins,& working with patients.
YOU HAVE TO TELL THE TRUTH TO BE A PARENT & TO BE A DOCTOR . It is too intimate a relationship for human beings to carry on with business as usual. One or both will crack. I feel sorry for them ,but even if you have done wrong as a MD. or as a parent ,you have to tell the truth!!!
We have always taught our children to say I made a mistake & I'm sorry..what ever the consequences. How can you be in a position as parent or doctor & not practice what you preach??:( :(

I think the McCanns will be back in Portugal within two weeks to face charges!

I think the McCanns will be back in Portugal within two weeks to face charges!
I am hoping that you are right...I fear another case where we never know what became of the poor victim. I just hope that Maddie's remains are found and they are given a decent burial. I also wish whoever is responsible faces the wrath of the law in the future.

I think one or both will be charged soon (next few weeks). I just honestly feel that the Portugal police are way smarter than people are giving them credit for. I think they "know their stuff". ;)

Unless Madeleine is found, I think now that the MCCanns are back in the UK that the Portugese LE will let this case fade, attempting to leave the impression that they have done their job as well as they could but didn't have enough evidence to convict or extradite the McCanns. The same people who believe in the parents guilt now, will still believe they are guilty. The fence-sitters will stay fence-sitters. And the NGs will stay NGs.
We will still be discussing it on here years from now.

I agree with you Steadfast.

I hope the McCanns are charged and it goes to trial, maybe we will find out more then as their friends would be called to testify, so will all other witnesses and then a jury will decide.

I hope the McCanns are charged and it goes to trial, maybe we will find out more then as their friends would be called to testify, so will all other witnesses and then a jury will decide.

Absolutely! Then all the evidence will be presented and they can either clear their names or...not.

But I think it will be Kate that cracks, not Gerry. Gerry seems to still think they can just all go back to a normal life. No matter what happens, that is not ever going to be true.

I think there will be a long court battle now to fight their extradition to Portugal

Absolutely! Then all the evidence will be presented and they can either clear their names or...not.

But I think it will be Kate that cracks, not Gerry. Gerry seems to still think they can just all go back to a normal life. No matter what happens, that is not ever going to be true.

Kate was questioned pretty toughly for 13 hours - surely if she was going to " Crack " then it would have happened then .

However I think that Portugese authorities will have to be pretty sure on this before they bring them back to face 100% charges . I dont think that the DNA thing is conclusive , and there is still IMHO too many unanswered questions - to many what ifs . Can you imagiine a defence lawyer getting to grips with some of the stuff that went on .

For me if they did kill their daughter and dispose of her locally - then there must be a body - it has to be found . That will be the key - no body then I think the case against the Mcaans will be shaky to say the least

This may sound farfetched and maybe I'm really spinning my wheels, also since the Portuguese police do not need to reveal evidence presently, could they have found the body? Even listening to myself think it sounds strange, saying it out loud really sounds eerie. If they have been following them shortly after the disappearance of Maddie, they could have watched and waited. Maybe the Portuguese police will surprise us.

Kate was questioned pretty toughly for 13 hours - surely if she was going to " Crack " then it would have happened then .

However I think that Portugese authorities will have to be pretty sure on this before they bring them back to face 100% charges . I dont think that the DNA thing is conclusive , and there is still IMHO too many unanswered questions - to many what ifs . Can you imagiine a defence lawyer getting to grips with some of the stuff that went on .

For me if they did kill their daughter and dispose of her locally - then there must be a body - it has to be found . That will be the key - no body then I think the case against the Mcaans will be shaky to say the least

Thirteen hours is nothing like a three month trial.

Plenty of people have been convicted without a body. It's not necessarily easy, but it doesn't make them less guilty simply because they were smart or lucky in how they hid their victims.

I think there will be a long court battle now to fight their extradition to Portugal

Maybe, but it makes them look even more guilty if they fight it.

The biggest thing I'm afraid of is that the UK government is going to put pressure on the Portuguese government to drop charges against them.

It appears as if the McCanns have a powerful friend in British PM Gordon Brown. On his part, Brown, who came out strongly early on in support of them, stands to lose a lot of credibility if they're charged and convicted.

And then you have OJ, he got lucky and they had 2 bodies. He too had a very small time window to do what he did and went through a hellacious trial-never cracking under the pressure. If he can do it then I would think the McCanns can do it too.

I can't imagine how anyone would get this impression. The times they have spoken about 'going back' or 'getting back' they ALWAYS say it's for the benefit of the twins, so they can have some normalcy.
They have spoken several times of the devastation of going back without Madeleine.

No offense, but there is absolutely no basis to the statement "Gerry seems to still think they can just all go back to a normal life."

I can't imagine how anyone would get this impression. The times they have spoken about 'going back' or 'getting back' they ALWAYS say it's for the benefit of the twins, so they can have some normalcy.
They have spoken several times of the devastation of going back without Madeleine.

No offense, but there is absolutely no basis to the statement "Gerry seems to still think they can just all go back to a normal life."

Personally, I don't understand how they can even think about a future when a member of their family is missing. People who KNOW their loved one is actually dead don't even think about getting "back to a normal life" after only a few months. I'd personally like to know how in hell they even brought themselves to leave the country KNOWING that their three-year old girl may still be there ALIVE and held against her will. Nothing could have torn me away from there and they can't seem to get away fast enough. Hinky to me.

Personally, I don't understand how they can even think about a future when a member of their family is missing. People who KNOW their loved one is actually dead don't even think about getting "back to a normal life" after only a few months. I'd personally like to know how in hell they even brought themselves to leave the country KNOWING that their three-year old girl may still be there ALIVE and held against her will. Nothing could have torn me away from there and they can't seem to get away fast enough. Hinky to me.

I agree, however, everyone deals w/things differently. I am working on a local case right now, and I can't believe the parents aren't out all hours of the day looking under cars, in dumpsters....some just don't have it in them. Some just don't care, some are involved w/the crime and already know the outcome, so why stay.

I'm with you Jeana, I couldn't leave, no way in hell, w/o my child, dead or alive.

But, how long can that go on? How long could I stay? What about my other children. I'd so need therapy!

I don't think 4 months is 'can't get away fast enough'. These are not the Ramsey's who left their baby under the tree and walked out.

People see it differently. Perhaps they have been made aware of evidence that she is likely dead? At what point do you then sacrifice 2 living children? The cops are focusing on them, so they can no longer count on them to look for their child.

Europe seems to be easy enough to get around. If she has been abducted, she is likely no longer in the country, so therefore, what reason do they have to stay in Portugal where the folks are no longer interested in finding your missing child?

In my view, the twins are young enough that they don't "have" to be in England. The twins are so young they have probably forgotten all about their old life in England and Portugal is now what they are accustomed to. The McCanns could raise the twins in Portugal until they find out what happened to Madeleine, and that would be "normal" for the twins.

I wonder what the twins will think when they are older and find out their parents left Portugal without finding out what happened to Madeleine...

imo

I don't think 4 months is 'can't get away fast enough'. These are not the Ramsey's who left their baby under the tree and walked out.

People see it differently. Perhaps they have been made aware of evidence that she is likely dead? At what point do you then sacrifice 2 living children? The cops are focusing on them, so they can no longer count on them to look for their child.

Europe seems to be easy enough to get around. If she has been abducted, she is likely no longer in the country, so therefore, what reason do they have to stay in Portugal where the folks are no longer interested in finding your missing child?

Well my first comment would be PROVE that the Ramseys did anything. Smarter people that us have tried and can't, so I think we better leave that one alone.

Secondly, I don't see how staying in a beautiful resort in Portugal is "sacrificing" two children. These children are two-years old. At that age, if they're with mom and dad, they're happy.

Lastly, I think you're going to have a hard time getting anyone to believe that the authorities in Portugal are not interesting in finding a missing three-year old girl. On the contrary, they seem to be more interested in her well being than her own parents WHO LEFT HER ALONE TO FEND FOR HERSELF NIGHT AFTER NIGHT.

Lastly, I think you're going to have a hard time getting anyone to believe that the authorities in Portugal are not interesting in finding a missing three-year old girl. On the contrary, they seem to be more interested in her well being than her own parents WHO LEFT HER ALONE TO FEND FOR HERSELF NIGHT AFTER NIGHT.

Forget the Ramsey's....my bad for bringing it up in the wrong forum. Apologies....just wanted a reference.

However, I think the Portuguese authorities are NO LONGER looking for Madeleine since they believe her parents killed her. Surely that is a given?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg