What have we learned?

Lifesaver International. Also used for children on the Autism spectrum. ;) Wonderful program!

Hi Seriously, Did you get that video about the abandoned house? The NG thread got closed for some reason. Hope it wasn't cause I used the word r*dn*ck :banghead: I should have known better. http://www.clipsyndicate.com/publish/video/845635/haleigh_s_family_speaks

Hi Kimster, I always enjoy your posts too. Isn't this neato to have so many posters from Oregon? I lub it! It is going to snow here in Portland tomoz night and they've had a huge snowfall snow at Mt Hood all day long.

I agree about the usage of drugs. It might be a {Hmmm not coloquial {sp} but the same thing meaning localized}general problem for the area. I just looked thru the map/picture thread and saw one shot where they all looked very happy.

We don't have a rumor thread here do we? If we did I could make a little post on it :D

Oh gosh....I just watched Changeling too!!!

I will always set my alarm at night and lock all doors. I also will set my alarm during the day if I'm home alone with the kids and we are not outside, together.

Everyone is suspect.

In order to not impede the investigation, knowing every moment counts, I would do a lie detector test right then and there.

GPS my children

Visit the Megan's Law site frequently and know that for every 1 person on their, there are probably 100's more that are not.

Not let my children out of my sight until they are well past their 40's ;)

Protect my children's pictures by making myspace and facebook PRIVATE.

WS doing the legwork for them is one thing...

Apparently reporters can't/won't bother even looking at the info.
Very discouraging.

Oh, and note I said I was a YOUNGSTER during Watergate Era, lol.
I was a voter during the Watergate Era.

Darn it.

Cured me of voting Republican.

I have learned some things are more important than the public's right to know.

I have also learned the talk show news circuit has more talking @sses than talking heads. (The one At Large is also the largest one, imo.)

I have learned to appreciate everything is not always what it appears to be when you are on the outside looking in because the view is obscured. Reading between the lines is only useful when you have lines.

Revenge is never pretty and in any custody/divorce situation...no one ever wins because the children always lose. People need to be taught to pretend to like each other until they can get over themselves and their petty differences. They need to go back to a time when they were friends and lovers...not to rekindle a romance between themselves, but to remember the people they were before they became so selfish. The children then have a chance to break even. (I didn't learn this today, this year, or on this case. It was a self-taught crash course.) I only wish Crystal and Ronald could learn the same lesson for their children.

It is all about Haleigh and Rj now. It is not about them.

I have a teenaged daughter, I am all for the chip. Big brother would be me. She can remove it when she moves out into her own home. I already plan on having gps on her car, so what the heck. I wish there was a birth control pill that tasted like splenda so I could sprinkle it on her cereal in the morning, and she wouldnt even know it..but thats just me.

"Babyfree Splenda"! Excellent suggestion! After all, I am responsible for my children (and appearantly any children they may bear) until they reach 17 (but in my case I'll try to maintain some control until college graduation).

One thing I am beginning to learn in this case is that neither party should have these children.
On one hand you have Ron, whom not only has been in a world a trouble, but he surrounds himself with trouble. His family has rap sheets just like his (except for his mother), all in which are of danger to the children.
Crystal knows all of this yet still hasn't went back to fight for the safety of these children at all.
I am a mother too, and a stepmother. You just do not sit back and think that everything will be okay! Even if there is a 1% chance that your ex's sister may put your children into a vehicle and fail to put them in restraints, then you are taking that 1% chance on their life. Then there is Chad with a record! Not one person in this world can convince me that ALL THESE PEOPLE HAVE QUIT USING DRUGS! I don't believe that for one second. Even one of these people being around these kids under the influence could potentially harm these children.
I will see through those tears from now on. It doesn't take a genius to realize that you do not allow nor leave your children in those types of environments. It is asking for trouble.
None of them need them. These children deserve to grow up in homes where they don't have to worry about the cops busting in on them at midnight.
JMHO

I've learned, that it is really true "if you lay down with dogs, you will get fleas" ... and I dont mean the dog kind.

My Heart aches for Haleighs return. I dont know what happened to her that night. No light bulb moments, other than theres a missing little girl and it apears likely a kidnapping so far.......theres no day (3)1 in this case. All I do know from what my senses tell me is....Some where along the lines, several adults created an atmosphere in which this child was easily accessable to some monster, who chose her....chose her over her & her brother, who also chose her over her, her brother and her dads gf. The same monster chose her, over a material or even spiritual object of want. What I mean by atmosphere, is the choices, whether intentional, illegal or just plain didnt have a real good plan.

Is there motives? There has to be someone who had a motive for it, but who that is.....we arent any closer to finding out. Everyone has motives to do a some "thing"...it is a pay off, if we didnt have motives in life, we wouldnt move or act, or lie to save our hides, or love our neighbor. Theres motive to achieve something and there are motives after-the fact......to save face even. (Even my dogs have motives. They are such manipulators!)

I watched GVS again and Ms. Tn, looked so sad, so beaten down. I can look at them thru their flaws, and see how they all want the same thing....Lord, Please bring this baby girl home, so that her family can be at peace. Deep down in all their hearts, they ache for her and need to know she's alright. Please here our prayers Lord. Amen.

What have I learned? In addition to the great ones already pointed out:

#1- don't move to Satsuma, too many SO's around.
#2- know where the SO's live in your area and warn your children about them.

Although a SO may not be responsible I feel this case ready pointed out how scary it can be not knowing who lives in your area.

I have hoped that parents would learn to not leave the door open,so to speak for children to be taken.I can not understand how mothers can leave thier children in cars,even for a minute to go back into a house,at a store,or any reason giving an opportunity for this.Have examples,don't need to use them.

Time and again I hear a child taken walking alone or alone at busstop,left in home alone,I hear it all the time.I did a computer search,on the next street there is a RSO,children are running around all the time.

You can buy cheap door,motion detectors and window alarms for $20,they do not have to be screwed in,but with sticky tape,something so cheap can alert you to intruders.I have a cellphone on my table next to me and a flashlight under the table.I saw a movie once where an intruder cut the phone line and shut electricity,so it's a thing with me,have a weapon handy behind my pillow and under the bed close(a baton).I do not fool around.Ha And my husband,I only need these things when he's at work,other than that,it would take alot more than one.

Hmmm.....chipping the kids....I think we should look into this a little further. What would the pro's and con's be in getting a micro chip inserted into our children, for GPS tracking. I can't believe I just typed that! But really, could we save lives this way?

The GPS tracker would have to be something like cars have. I think it would be a great idea. No one could get away with taking a child because LE could track them right away. I don't think it would hurt for every person to have one. Look at the adults who come up missing and the teenagers. Place it in a place where it couldn't just be easily taken out.

One thing I am beginning to learn in this case is that neither party should have these children.
On one hand you have Ron, whom not only has been in a world a trouble, but he surrounds himself with trouble. His family has rap sheets just like his (except for his mother), all in which are of danger to the children.
Crystal knows all of this yet still hasn't went back to fight for the safety of these children at all.
I am a mother too, and a stepmother. You just do not sit back and think that everything will be okay! Even if there is a 1% chance that your ex's sister may put your children into a vehicle and fail to put them in restraints, then you are taking that 1% chance on their life. Then there is Chad with a record! Not one person in this world can convince me that ALL THESE PEOPLE HAVE QUIT USING DRUGS! I don't believe that for one second. Even one of these people being around these kids under the influence could potentially harm these children.
I will see through those tears from now on. It doesn't take a genius to realize that you do not allow nor leave your children in those types of environments. It is asking for trouble.
None of them need them. These children deserve to grow up in homes where they don't have to worry about the cops busting in on them at midnight.
JMHO

Now days kids aren't taken from their family just because the parents smoke a little dope or use heavier drugs now and then. CPS is all about keeping the family together. If kids were taken because mom and/or dad smoke pot now and then half of America would lose their children. I'm not a druggie but I know that this is the way it is.

I think while Geraldo was so busy getting the goods on Ron from Crystal he should have had someone else getting the goods on her. His interview was so one sided it was pitiful. He took every word that she said as pure truth or seemed to anyway. Geraldo does everything for ratings and it really irks me.

I think it is unfair to bring the entire family in on this abduction. If they all have rap sheets as long as their legs it really doesn't have anything to do with the main players. How would we like to be judged by some of our relatives. Most people have relatives that they aren't to proud of but it doesn't mean that the people themselves are bad people. If I had an uncle who committed murder it wouldn't have anything to do with me....I don't have one but just for an example. I probably wouldn't claim an uncle like that.
The relatives don't have anything to do with the person that Ron is now or even Crystal for that matter...or Misty.

I think that LE knows every little detail of Ron's life and if he does dope now or not. That is a small area and everyone no doubt knows everything about everyone. We really need to focus on where that little girl is and who has her.

Re; #5- we have program here that provides bracelets for Alzheimer's patients so they can be tracked when they wander off. I would be ok with that for children, too. That way it can be removed if the parent wants it off.

The bracelet would have to have a special tool or key that the parents use to remove it because if it didn't a pervert could also remove it. Of course a pervert could always cut it off.

Now days kids aren't taken from their family just because the parents smoke a little dope or use heavier drugs now and then. CPS is all about keeping the family together. If kids were taken because mom and/or dad smoke pot now and then half of America would lose their children. I'm not a druggie but I know that this is the way it is.

I think while Geraldo was so busy getting the goods on Ron from Crystal he should have had someone else getting the goods on her. His interview was so one sided it was pitiful. He took every word that she said as pure truth or seemed to anyway. Geraldo does everything for ratings and it really irks me.

I think it is unfair to bring the entire family in on this abduction. If they all have rap sheets as long as their legs it really doesn't have anything to do with the main players. How would we like to be judged by some of our relatives. Most people have relatives that they aren't to proud of but it doesn't mean that the people themselves are bad people. If I had an uncle who committed murder it wouldn't have anything to do with me....I don't have one but just for an example. I probably wouldn't claim an uncle like that.
The relatives don't have anything to do with the person that Ron is now or even Crystal for that matter...or Misty.

I think that LE knows every little detail of Ron's life and if he does dope now or not. That is a small area and everyone no doubt knows everything about everyone. We really need to focus on where that little girl is and who has her.

:clap::clap::clap:

I think we need to focus on where the little girl is and who has her....too! My common sense tells me....it's no Ron's side. Because who would benefit from taking Haleigh out of that home?.....Ron wanted her there, and fought for custody. Crystal owed over 4000.00 in back child support. She received her letter at her home, just like Ron, and day before Haleigh was taken. Just my opinon.

We have learned in the last few days exactly the extent of the arrest records that are in both sides of Haleigh's family.

Which means we have learned why LE can't rule anyone out as of now as a suspect.

On Greta last night we learned a new rumor. That Misty wasn't at the trailer as she has told the media over and over. Although it is just a rumor, it's a logical rumor and I'm not sure we can sleuth out that truth.

We've also learned that for whatever reason, (I say it was The Geraldo fiasco IMHO) that the day after he went down there LE has begun a media blackout.

Coverage by the Major TH's has decreased. Unless new info is forthcoming I do not see it picking back up. :(

Hmmm... I think a large chunk was from a private donation. Another part of the reward comes from... Hmmm.. is it Kidfinders?

I think finding the child alive would be reward enough for me.

edit: Eek.. microchipping the kids seems a bit too Orwellian for me. JMO

As for the KFN, I spoke with TN yesterday, and I saw the poster with KFN logo on the bottom. I asked her how involved this organization was and she told me they approached them intially, the day GA with trailer in tow and MEDIA/DM, and assured me other families of missing children had called her from other places in Florida, and warned her of them. She can not speak for the bio-mom's camp if there is any involvement, but she does not think so, and I was not about to go into details and left it at that.

I think we need to focus on where the little girl is and who has her....too! My common sense tells me....it's no Ron's side. Because who would benefit from taking Haleigh out of that home?.....Ron wanted her there, and fought for custody. Crystal owed over 4000.00 in back child support. She received her letter at her home, just like Ron, and day before Haleigh was taken. Just my opinon.

My common sense is telling me the exact same thing! BioMom has never seemed to be too upset about Haleigh missing. She HAS however swooped in and tried to get just as much attention, no more attention that Ron's camp. Funny how she not only was supposed to start paying child support, but she also got the child support suspended until they find Haleigh. I smell a big fat RAT! All my money is on BioMom now!

However, I still think that Misty lied about being at the trailer. BioMom could have lured Misty away using a guy flirting with Misty and asking her to go somewhere with him. Then she has somebody else go into the trailer and snatch Haleigh. IF that is the case Haleigh is dead for sure. Can't have a chance of getting caught and having to pay up on the child support!

What have we learned DON'T move to Satsuma FL. Way to many RSO, and most likely way to many SO. Also if your child goes missing LE will not do all they can to keep her in the media.

One other thing I learned if your whole family has a criminal past you better hope your kid never comes up missing.

We should have a volunteer program in place that goes into action whenever a child is missing. Volunteers fan out and search every home within a mile radius. People would be allowed to refuse - I'm sure we would have to abide by laws - but that would be noted and volunteers would monitor that person til the child is found. Bless Tim Miller's heart but he looks for dead children. We need to step this up. I read that Jessica Lunsford was in her abductors closet (who lived across the street!) for two days. She must have been afraid to leave. We must teach even the smallest children how to get away from this kind of situation. I think people don't want to scare their kids. I can see it would be hard with girls but my boys I did tell them what to do in a bad situation from when they could first talk. And I also never took my eyes off of them. In this economy not all parents can watch their children all the time. We need to teach toddlers self defense.

The things that I have outlined would have saved Jessica. I fear that Haleigh is in a similar situation. I think some jerk has been watching from close by just like Couey. Haleigh was abducted at 3AM just like Jessica.

I just wish I could be in Satsuma I would search every house myself.

I like your thinking. I would like to see some kind of organized prayer, country wide, whenever an Amber Alert is issued or a child missing is reported. Like the same time every day everyone who wants to, get on their knees and pray for these kids to be returned safely or at least found after so much time has gone by. I really think that numbers praying, at the same time, for the same kid, could make a difference. IDK it's just something I've been thinking about. My heart just gets sicker and sicker every time a new kid comes up missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LyssBear93
Back