What if the new Judge Perry issues a gag order?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wonder if the new judge will allow gum smackin in his court? just thinking outside my little box here.......and I wonder if he will like being addressed as "judge"......

It would mean they cannot not talk about the case. JB would need to learn the sentence "no comment".

If he can't garner a spot on a national news show to show his face, I bet JB would start getting this thing going!

Just to let eveyone know this judge is not in favor of camera's in the court room.

The Sentinel has been down and dirty in the past as far as getting what they need via Sunshine-Will Sunshine law include access of some sort to the actual proceedings, or are the court reports sufficient to meet the law?

Does 'public information' encompass trial proceedings?

This kind of bridges between this thread and the questions for lawyer thread, hopefully it can be answered here :)

wonder if the new judge will allow gum smackin in his court? just thinking outside my little box here.......and I wonder if he will like being addressed as "judge"......

OHH I'm so glad you said that. Whenever I hear NeJame say "His Honor" or "Your Honor" to Strickland, and then I see Jose slacking over the podium going "Ya know, judge ... " (and I don't capitalize it with a capital J because the way he says it implies a small j) I cringe at the disrespect. So glad to know I am not the only one to notice it.

A question I have for any lawyers, or anyone who'd know the answer, is can the defense pull this again? If they decide the new judge is not what they want, or hinders them or if they just want to delay and throw a hissy fit again, can they pull this same nonsense again? And if so, is that likely to be granted a second time? How many judges can one defense team eliminate before the Supreme Court steps in?

My personal pet peeve:

Before you approach the bench, you always ask, "May I approach, your Honor?"

Take lessons, Baez, and practice, practice, practice!

OHH I'm so glad you said that. Whenever I hear NeJame say "His Honor" or "Your Honor" to Strickland, and then I see Jose slacking over the podium going "Ya know, judge ... " (and I don't capitalize it with a capital J because the way he says it implies a small j) I cringe at the disrespect. So glad to know I am not the only one to notice it.

A question I have for any lawyers, or anyone who'd know the answer, is can the defense pull this again? If they decide the new judge is not what they want, or hinders them or if they just want to delay and throw a hissy fit again, can they pull this same nonsense again? And if so, is that likely to be granted a second time? How many judges can one defense team eliminate before the Supreme Court steps in?

No, there was quite a bit about it on one of the other threads. Under Florida court rules they have the presumption of truth in their first such motion only. If they try it again then they have to show evidence and prove the bias.

The only possible defence KC has is something related to media-hooplah - the right to a fair trial or some silly mistake in the fine-tooth-carrying-out of "justice". No wonder JB didn't want a gag order. This case has outdone itself in terms of information available to the press and media and sadly (because I believe that information should be made available) the media has dealt several "cards" in her favor. I'm all for a gag order at this point. Shut everyone up and shut her up for good!

If this happens we are all going to need an intervention:eek:
I might actually relish it. I don't know if I can hear all this bs for another year, two years, three years...? Wake me up when the trial starts.

Can we get the jailhouse video when Caylee's remains were found unsealed now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back