What if there was no ransom letter?

It's so worth it to read it, Ames. I got mine at a secondhand book store. You really get insight into what John and Patsy want you to believe and who they want you to see them as. It's entertaining AND informative (most misleading information I've ever seen!)

And try as she might, Patsy's true mindset shines through - replete with blathering on about how God's focusing on the Ramsey family, especially Patsy (who needs Christmas more than anyone! God said so!)

And you'll get great ocular exercise rolling your eyes every other sentence.

It's so worth it to read it, Ames. I got mine at a secondhand book store. You really get insight into what John and Patsy want you to believe and who they want you to see them as. It's entertaining AND informative (most misleading information I've ever seen!)

And try as she might, Patsy's true mindset shines through - replete with blathering on about how God's focusing on the Ramsey family, especially Patsy (who needs Christmas more than anyone! God said so!)

NP, do they ever address the hair fibers that were found on the tape, etc.?

I want to say they make mention of it (just the tape), but I'm not entirely certain...got my copy right here, I'll scan it for more detail and get back.

LOL This would be me reading their book....:rolleyes:

right..no reason she should feel bad on Christmas anymore..or even guilty.She's still on earth,might as well enjoy it. @@.

lol,ain't that the truth !!

Dumbest sentence in the whole book,DOI,p.68,pprback:

Our handyman's dream also turned into a remodeling nightmare.Before long,workmen were in our house every day from 7am-5pm for months on end.Ever try to keep a toddler out of the way of a remodeling project going on in virtually every room of the house?
---
Why yes,Patsy,I do that every day,I thought everyone did?!

Then she goes on to say,'it's not easy,believe me' (ya think?!),and about how she was always concerned with Burke and JB's safety..just more image propaganda.

Dumbest sentence in the whole book,DOI,p.68,pprback:

Our handyman's dream also turned into a remodeling nightmare.Before long,workmen were in our house every day from 7am-5pm for months on end.Ever try to keep a toddler out of the way of a remodeling project going on in virtually every room of the house?
---
Why yes,Patsy,I do that every day,I thought everyone did?!

Then she goes on to say,'it's not easy,believe me' (ya think?!),and about how she was always concerned with Burke and JB's safety..just more image propaganda.

Sounds like she is trying to point at the workmen as being the small foreign faction. I am sure that those handymen, waited until JB turned 6, and decided to "kidnap" and "murder" her. In John's interview...he said that JB rode a float in the Christmas parade that year, and that they shouldn't have let her do that, what with all of those people lining the streets to watch the parade and everything. In other words....one of them "could" have been the "intruder". :rolleyes:

How convenient for the Rs that she WAS in that Christmas parade. This gave them another direction for their fingers to point. No mention of all the other occasions where she was paraded in her costumes. I recall seeing pictures of her face from that Christmas parade. She looks cold and unhappy. As I recall, the Rs were out of town for that particular parade, where I think she was "Little Miss Christmas". (and got the infamous "Santa Bear" which was yet another item PR denied ever seeing before). PR later admitted it, saying she had confused it with a stuffed angel bear, which was white. The Santa bear was tan, and PR had said the bear she remembered was white, later admitting it was actually the angel bear that was white.

Sounds like she is trying to point at the workmen as being the small foreign faction. I am sure that those handymen, waited until JB turned 6, and decided to "kidnap" and "murder" her. In John's interview...he said that JB rode a float in the Christmas parade that year, and that they shouldn't have let her do that, what with all of those people lining the streets to watch the parade and everything. In other words....one of them "could" have been the "intruder". :rolleyes:

good point,I bet they all had a key to the house too,all of them (not).Or at least the leader of the SFF did.

As you all well know, Fleet looked in the wine cellar but did not see JonBenet. Officer French missed her also. John was at his breaking point, so he went downstairs and moved JonBenet closer to the door.

When it became obvious nobody was going back downstairs, Linda Arndt gave him an opening he definately had to take. He rushes downstairs when he should have started upstairs and then finds JonBenet.

Most guilty parents do not find the body but in this case John had no choice.

I just don't find this particular point being all that damning.

To me, I'd either go top of the house to the bottom, or bottom of the house up.

If my room is on the top floor, in my mind, that wouldn't be the first place to look. I've looked in JonBenét and Burke's rooms...

I can seriously see starting with the basement and working my way up.

Can anyone remember what room John was in when he claimed to have seen the mysterious van that he waited months to report?

If my room is on the top floor, in my mind, that wouldn't be the first place to look. I've looked in JonBenét and Burke's rooms...

Can anyone remember what room John was in when he claimed to have seen the mysterious van that he waited months to report?

IrishMist,

But what if you knew that statistically in the majority of cases involving staging it is the killer who discovers the dead body?

If RDI and no letter was left, would that have worked out better for them?

I think it would have. I think as time goes by and especially after John dies, the overwhelming consensus will be that there was no intruder. The ransom note will be one of the major reasons.

The ransom note should have landed Patsy in jail and would have in most communities. The ransom note is really outrageous. I assume one of the reasons it was written was so there would be something to hand the police when they arrived. If JonBenet had really been missing, an empty bed would have been enough.

On a side note...

I saw Dominick Dunne's show last night about Claudine Longet. The show had a great quote, "when celebrity comes in the front door, justice goes out the back". You can add wealth and status to that in Boulder. That farce was 20 years earlier but still in Colorado!!! Thirty days in the hole for killing a guy, but folks, the skiing is great.

I think JR said he was in JAR's room when he saw the van, but am not certain. I know he wasn't in the basement.

I don't find going to the basement as a starting point odd - what I find odd is JR heading to the window right away once he got down there, cementing that story to FW, then making a beeline for the wine cellar.

I agree, John found her because he *had* to find her. I think the Rs thought the police would find her right off, and probably felt panic and trepidation mounting with each passing hour that they didn't.

Is that right about staged scenes and finding the body, UKGuy? Wow.

IrishMist,

But what if you knew that statistically in the majority of cases involving staging it is the killer who discovers the dead body?

I've heard that, UK Guy. I've also heard that when a parent kills, they try to set it up so that someone else finds the body.

IMO, when I'm leaning RDI, that's what John expected- for someone else to find the body. What he didn't expect was the Keystone Kops to show up, and for the hard-to-find light switch to be such an important factor!

How the heck long could he stand to wait? He had to do it himself.

But, putting myself in an "innocent John" situation... I don't find starting with the basement to be all that damning. Probably not his room, (at the top), he'd been in JonBenét, Burke and JR's room, (middle), they were all hanging out on the main... basement seems logical, IMO. Do you see where I'm coming from?

I think JR said he was in JAR's room when he saw the van, but am not certain. I know he wasn't in the basement.

I don't find going to the basement as a starting point odd - what I find odd is JR heading to the window right away once he got down there, cementing that story to FW, then making a beeline for the wine cellar.

I agree, John found her because he *had* to find her. I think the Rs thought the police would find her right off, and probably felt panic and trepidation mounting with each passing hour that they didn't.

I agree with this. And I think he was in either JR or Melinda's room to see the van, but I also can't remember for sure.

I've heard that, UK Guy. I've also heard that when a parent kills, they try to set it up so that someone else finds the body.

IMO, when I'm leaning RDI, that's what John expected- for someone else to find the body. What he didn't expect was the Keystone Kops to show up, and for the hard-to-find light switch to be such an important factor!

How the heck long could he stand to wait? He had to do it himself.

But, putting myself in an "innocent John" situation... I don't find starting with the basement to be all that damning. Probably not his room, (at the top), he'd been in JonBenét, Burke and JR's room, (middle), they were all hanging out on the main... basement seems logical, IMO. Do you see where I'm coming from?

IrishMist,

Yes I agree with your reasoning, although given that the ransom note had been read and digested, its curious that it played out as it did.

That John discovered JonBenet's body in the context of known crime-scene staging was one of the biggest red-flags for me and alerted me to the possibility that PDI or BDI were interesting but inconsistent theories.

I always liked BlueCrab's speculation regarding the period when John went missing that morning.

Nuisanceposter,
Is that right about staged scenes and finding the body,
Yes, arrived at from empirical research, I cannot quite remember the source, but likely a criminological reference, I'll post it if I source it.

Its a major red flag for me.

I think JR would have wanted someone else to find her, but with Officer French unwilling or unable to complete that search of the house, JR had to do it himself. He said he was unaware that FW had searched the basement himself, but it's possible he did know FW looked in the basement. I agree with the theory that while JR was "getting his mail" he was moving the body to a more "findable" location. Actually, if FW had ended up being the one to find her, that would have given the Rs more fuel to throw the FW in the fire.

I would start looking in the room that she was kidnapped from...Linda A. told them to look for anything out of place. She was kidnapped from her bedroom, not the basement. So, why would he START LOOKING there first?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back