what if...

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF Cindy actually does believe Casey's story, then of course she regrets getting LE involved.

She's said over & over that if Casey was out of jail, she'd be able to find Caylee. She's said over & over that the media's negative reporting about Casey is HURTING the search for Caylee.

Taking those 2 things together... I say there's no way Cindy can feel calling 911 was in Casey's, Caylee's OR her family's best interests.

IIRC, she hasn't been chirping that for quite some time now...

Cockroaches? How so?

I don't think she is sorry. I think her priority is and was her granddaughter.
I don't think she is attention seeking as much as she is just trying desperately to control the situation. Unfortunately, when controlling people can't control it is not a good situation. Add to that the circumstances surrounding this entire fiasco and she is actually a pretty remarkable woman to be holding her own.

I agree JB..I think the only mistake they are making now is not engaging a PR person, (and I am sure some have offered their time pro bono).
I think if they could contain some of their defensiveness regarding Casey such as challenging the phone company and losing thier tempers- or infering the community police are inept for not belieivng Casey, etc., they would be better off. (I recall her saying on TV..get off your asses and search for my granddaughter). I think that tends to invoke dislike toward her/anyone. That is but one example of many that hurt her in the public eye.

But, i agree Cindy is not sorry she called 911 and loves Caylee deeply.
I also know that if I was in the media light for this same thing I would lose my cool too..so that is why I do not think u can effectively do your own PR in a case that takes off like this one.

I think Casey OTOH, may be sorry she had to tell Cindy because this could have gone on for a very long time. I do not think Casey, (just like Scott Pretenderson), thought it would get anything more than local attention.:bang::bang:

PS..I do not think the g/parents should be blamed at all for what Casey has done. They did not kill Caylee. Sometimes you raise a child and they are a psychopath that acts out in some murderous way. If anything I think they placated to her and did not let he face up to her own life choices..but many a parent does this.

I really think that George and Cindy are innocent by-standers who are in denial.

No one wants to believe that they've lost a grandchild, at the hands of their own daughter, no less. They are holding on to any hope that Casey is telling the truth. They cannot bring themselves to think of the horror of the lies.

I mean, can you blame them for not wanting to believe what seems obvious to us?

I don't know how I would act under the same circumstances. I can say "well I'd be *doing* or *saying* such and such but, no idea because I'm not in that situation and I hope I never will be.

If this wouldn't have gone down in mid July, it WOULD have gone down in early August.

With Caylee's birthday approaching, more people would have been asking questions than just Cindy and George.

I believe Lee would have reported it, if the grandparents didn't.

Obviously, this child was loved by more people than just Casey, Cindy, and George.

Kinda off-topic, but I really wish we knew what Lee's been up to the past week.

IMO, Cindy called 911 because she figured Caylee was being withheld from her..... if she had ANY clue that Casey actually 'lost' Caylee, I question whether she would have gotten police involved.

After all... they're still perfectly willing to defend Casey's ridiculous tale that it's too dangerous to tell anyone where Caylee is... so why would they have gone to authorities at all?
You're probably right, I'm afraid to say. They'd all be doing their own undercover investigations...because I really do believe they think they know more than anyone else (and I'm not referring to Caylee's whereabouts).

I really think that George and Cindy are innocent by-standers who are in denial.

No one wants to believe that they've lost a grandchild, at the hands of their own daughter, no less. They are holding on to any hope that Casey is telling the truth. They cannot bring themselves to think of the horror of the lies.

I don't know how I would act under the same circumstances. I can say "well I'd be *doing* or *saying* such and such but, no idea because I'm not in that situation and I hope I never will be.

:clap::clap:
and you're none other than WS HINKYMETER!!! :)

Ok...it's been 2 months now. I think it's time for someone close to Casey to ask...Where is Caylee? Keep repeating it until they get an answer. Casey knows where Caylee is and if she won't tell I'm afraid there's not much anyone else can do. We'll just have to give this up to a higher power so to speak and pray that wherever she is, she's at peace.

yes, but don't forget that Cindy made that last 911 call, with sheer fear in her voice, talking about her granddaughter being missing and the car smelling like a dead body - in that instant, Cindy did the right thing - and I cannot imagine how hard it was for her.

ITA, and I just don't think she was thinking clearly then.... I feel she really believed once she called 911, Casey would break down & produce Caylee & everything would get back to normal.

I'm saying looking back I'm SURE Cindy deeply regrets involving the police.

I don't believe she was raised to be a liar. Some people are wired wrong and she seems to be on of them.

What has Cindy "lied" about. Yes she was mistaken about the July 9th date and explained that. I can't remember every DATE I see my grandchildren either.

What evidence did she destroy? The pants? I don't believe she knew Caylee was missing yet when she washed those pants. What other evidence did she destroy?

Check the Cindys inconsistencies thread. She has changed her story so many times it makes my head spin.

:confused: Casey would have left the car elsewhere?
if she had....
nobody would have known because she would be saying the car
was at a car sitters.
Then the parents would still be paying on the insurance for the car,but never see it physically.

:confused: Would Casey have told her family eventually?

Well there again we have a big What IF?
If she never had the car found ,never told her family about Caylee being missing....

:mad:She would be out partying
she did not think about the long range plans by the looks of it?

:rolleyes: I have bounced that in my mind What if she is
innocent?
What if she really had Caylee stolen from her?
What if a pedaphile saw the girl and took her?

:waitasec: What if we never know what really happened?

I am confused about the car. If it was picked up at the inpound why did the attendant not smell the decomposing smell of a body. Did the allow
thw anthony's to pick up the car without them verifiying that they got
the right car. If this car smelled so bad then surely someone at the police
imppound had to smell something.

I wonder if there was a life insurance policy in force on Caylee and if Casey was the beneficiary?

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
I wonder how many of those who are condemning Cindy at this minute would have had the strength to do what she's done...

What has she done?
She has not searched for Caylee, she has not told the truth to LE, she keeps changing her stories, she destroyed evidence by washing the pants and God only knows what else she has destroyed.
She HAS been on every single news program telling several different stories, she has BASHED those who are questioning the LIES she has told concerning her daughters "wonderful" mothering abilities, she has told the MEDIA to stop looking into Casey's "normal" behavior of partying while her daughter is "missing".

Yeah, I can pretty much say I would not be LYING or CONVERING UP for my daughter if this happened in my family.
I would be digging up where the dogs hit, I would be searching parks, woods, areas my daughter is known to hang out at. I would be actively searching for her instead of hanging in front of cameras or on the internet bitching about how I am being treated by the media.

The Anthony's are how not to act if a tragedy happens in your family.

Marc Klaas is the best example of how to act in this nightmare. Give LE everything they ask and more. Do not hold back and stop making the story about "YOU", make it about the missing child.

IMO, I do not think Cindy would call LE if she had it to do again. She has protected the monster she raised for years and that is what she is doing now.

I don't believe she was raised to be a liar. Some people are wired wrong and she seems to be on of them.

What has Cindy "lied" about. Yes she was mistaken about the July 9th date and explained that. I can't remember every DATE I see my grandchildren either.

What evidence did she destroy? The pants? I don't believe she knew Caylee was missing yet when she washed those pants. What other evidence did she destroy?

She has admitted to "stretching the truth." Intentionally omitting information, embellishing, and fabricating stories are all equivalent to lying. (in my book)

What has she done?
She has not searched for Caylee, she has not told the truth to LE, she keeps changing her stories, she destroyed evidence by washing the pants and God only knows what else she has destroyed.
She HAS been on every single news program telling several different stories, she has BASHED those who are questioning the LIES she has told concerning her daughters "wonderful" mothering abilities, she has told the MEDIA to stop looking into Casey's "normal" behavior of partying while her daughter is "missing".

Yeah, I can pretty much say I would not be LYING or CONVERING UP for my daughter if this happened in my family.
I would be digging up where the dogs hit, I would be searching parks, woods, areas my daughter is known to hang out at. I would be actively searching for her instead of hanging in front of cameras or on the internet bitching about how I am being treated by the media.

The Anthony's are how not to act if a tragedy happens in your family.

Marc Klaas is the best example of how to act in this nightmare. Give LE everything they ask and more. Do not hold back and stop making the story about "YOU", make it about the missing child.

IMO, I do not think Cindy would call LE if she had it to do again. She has protected the monster she raised for years and that is what she is doing now.

I TOTALLY AGREE!!! Well said!!!:woohoo:

My husband has a sister just like Casey. You can't always blame the parents. My husband and his brother turned out normal... the sister is another story. Sometimes people are just messed up.... regardless of their upbringing.

I feel sorry for Cindy. I have talked to her on the phone several times. She is desperate. I think she is going to have a total breakdown when the truth comes out... if the truth is what most people seem to think.

I am still praying for a miracle.

My husband has a sister just like Casey. You can't always blame the parents. My husband and his brother turned out normal... the sister is another story. Sometimes people are just messed up.... regardless of their upbringing.

I feel sorry for Cindy. I have talked to her on the phone several times. She is desperate. I think she is going to have a total breakdown when the truth comes out... if the truth is what most people seem to think.

you have talked to her?

I am glad she has people like you to talk to.
I think desperate is exactly the right word.

IMO, she already knows the truth in her heart but can't admit it to herself because she feels somehow 'responsible' for not 1) protecting Caylee 2) for calling 911 & getting Casey arrested.

I do hope Cindy, George & Lee will go for counseling so they can deal with this horror that Casey has visited on the whole family.

I also hope they hire a PR person ASAP to help them handle the media & the public. They've victims also but they are not very symapthetic victims as long as they keep trying to sell Casey's ridiculous lies to outsiders. Nobody but them has ANY vested interest in supporting Casey.

Some mothers just can not handle the truth about their "messed" up older children. I have spoken to my own mother in law several times regarding my sister in law's behavior and she told me "I dont want to hear anything negative about any of my children". Yet, what I was trying to tell her about was inapproiate actions towards my daughters, her grandchildren. She still did not care to hear it. Some people like to take problems and sweep them under a rug.

I really do feel bad for Cindy. Yes, she is making some bad choices. I think she is in utter denial. I think she is living in a fog... just going thru the motions. Half the time she doesn't remember what she has said. I noticed that when I talked to her. She told me a few different things... but what was weird is that I didn't immediately think she was necessarily "lying". I just think so many different things are going on that she is "confused" and reaching for any amount of hope she can get her hands on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member