What is Casey thinking/feeling/doing right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely no remorse, she is the victum and the world was created for her.

We have no way of getting inside KC's mind, but here's what I think. My answers are in red.

What do you think is going through her mind? Seriously.

I know alot of us like to bash her, but all judgement aside -
What is she thinking?
She's thinking...How much longer will I be in this joint anyway? Man...the food really sucks in here. Gross...I don't do bologna or grits. I ain't eaten it. I think I'll just eat these Cheetos for now. I can't wait to get out of here so I can go to Target and buy some DECENT mascara, oh...and some pretty lingerie cause these granny panties ain't cuttin' it, and they're crawling up my left butt cheek. They're not sexy at all. Ho-Hum...let's see...what can I buy from the commissary today? I really want to smell good for Jose when he visits me tomorrow. He always smells so nice...like Polo cologne. I wonder if the commissary will get in any new kinds of lotions or body sprays? I'm sick of the same ones they have. They don't have a good kinds. You know...if they would just let Jose bring in some of my Victoria Secret Pear scented body splash...I'd feel a lot better. Oh crap...another zit...wonder if this one will come to a head so I can pop it? This is the 3rd one in a row I've had on my chin! God, I hate zits. Wonder if this one is going to scar? I wonder who Tony is doing these days? I wonder if she's prettier than me? What do the guards keep looking at me for. It's not like I can go any where FGS. They need to leave me alone and give me some d*mn privacy. Gawd....I am soooooo bored in here. Wish they'd let me get on the computer. I really don't understand why they won't let me...I mean, what's the big frickin' deal? Gosh...I just wish March would hurry up and get here so I get out of here for good! I've got places to go and new boys to meet!

<< respectfully snipped>>
[/quote]

I know that there is nothing funny about this case at all...BUT...with that said, I absolutely laughed so hard when I read this part of your post. It is SO KC! You hit the nail on the head with that one!!!

Casey is probably plotting and planning. She is plotting and planning how she's going to create a workable life in jail, how she can manipulate the environment to get what she wants. I don't think she minds being in jail. No responsibilities. She doesn't have to make decisions about anything. She doesn't have to find a job. Her medical needs will be met. She doesn't have to do anything but read, eat and write letters. If she was given a TV, radio and occasional access to the Internet, she would probably be content for the rest of her life.

And by this, I'm not saying prison is a pleasant place but some people adapt to it very well. She will adapt.

~Jai Yen

I think she is feeling very, very alone. Utterly alone with her thoughts, and they aren't too pretty.

I think she feels intensely isolated. She feels everyone has misconstrued everything in this case and it's extremely unfair. Everything has been taken from her. She misses beer, chili and wings. She orders lots of goodies from the canteen to treat her poor, misunderstood self.

I think when she thinks of Caylee, it's in a very detached way. Regret about what happened, because she sure wouldn't be in this mess if she'd let Caylee live... but no pain and sorrow over never seeing her again.

She is more emotionally alienated from her parents than ever. JB is her only lifeline.
I think he's honest with her that they face a very slim chance of getting an acquittal, but she trusts him and is willing to go all or nothing.

Not to be mean. I am sure she is quite upset. But I honestly think she is thinking up more stories on how she is going to get out of it, and thinking what do people think of her, and thinking when is a visitor coming by.
You can tell by the videos its all about herself, and she only "cares" when she is caught or challenged with questions from family.

What is she thinking?

I think that Casey is scared out of her mind. She&#8217;s caged beast with her back up against the wall. While we may see her smile and giggle, and playfully toss a pen &#8211; perhaps that&#8217;s the mechanisms she uses to deal with the situation she placed herself in. She&#8217;s in jail, charged with murder of her baby girl Caylee, and understands that society despises her and knows what she has done. She has basically had all control of her life taken from her.

Is she feeling regret?

Yes, but works very hard to block the &#8220;event&#8221; from her mind to function.

Is she planning her defense?

She has nothing to lose by going to trial. If she pleas, she&#8217;s done. She has a right to a defense, and is considered innocent until found guilty by a jury or judge. Perhaps its a snowball&#8217;s chance in hell that 12 people will find her innocent, but it buys her time and an another opportunity to say she didn&#8217;t do it.

I get confused by the statement that it only takes is one juror. Wouldn&#8217;t that produce a hung jury and just start the process over? I would imagine the State would try her a hundred times if needed for a unanimous guilty verdict. She&#8217;ll just appeal the verdict till she&#8217;s old and gray.

Does she have trouble sleeping?

I&#8217;ve heard that guilty people sleep well in jail, because they know what&#8217;s ahead and accept it. Innocent people don&#8217;t because they fear the unknown. Casey sleeps just fine.

Do you think she ever thinks about Caylee?

Yes.

Do you think she understands the gravity of her actions?

Yes.

Does she think about her family?

Yes, but they are not a priority - its always "All About Casey"

Is she writing them apology letters?

Maybe in time, a long time.

What is she thinking?
Is she feeling regret?

1. She is thinking - be calm, you will get through this, you will prove your innocence just like Jose said.
2. Absolutely no regrets. I believe wholeheartedly that she may even be angry with the innocent baby for "being discovered".
3. I think she blocks herself rom thinking of Caylee - and if she does think of it (and this is going from her journal entry and videotaped visits with her family) she believes she put her in a better place.
4. Absolutely not! It's the "poor me" attitude - I feel that Casey still thinks of herself as a victim - to the point of believing that she is being crucified for nothing - it's everyone else's fault.
5. If she thinks of her family, I think it is with anger - she has at this point most likely shut them out, as she would not want to face them with all the new evidence against her.
6. No apology letters - because in the Beast's mind - she DID NOTHING WRONG!!!!
7. I don't think she has trouble sleeping. I think she has blocked the entire act from her mind - in the latest court appearance video, it sure seems as though she could care less about others - her father was still hospitalized for suicide thoughts and she is laughing and chatting with her attorneys. A reasonable person would be much more affected, I truly believe.

I don't think she understand the gravity of her situation. She seems more Scarlet O'Hara-like. After all, tomorrow is another day!

She's likely adjusting. She's probably BORED out of her mind. Maybe she's throwing a bit of a hissy if she hasn't been visited by her attorneys yet. She's probably following through whatever "routine" she has regarding waking up, reading, eating, and rec time. She likely chats with her guards. Maybe she's figuring out how to make "make up" by putting her M&Ms in a drop of water and making herself pretty.

I bet she's scared. She's probably giving herself internal pep-talks all the time.

I won't do a poll because there's so many possibilities.

What is she thinking?

She's brooding on how everyone has let her down. She's angry at her parents for calling LE and then for not getting her out of this mess. As she learns more news, like Lee telling Annie not to protect Casey, she's getting angrier and angrier. If she were ever to get out, she'd be very dangerous IMO.

No, that's work. If she is still enamoured with the "lawyer thing", she may try to appear that she is participating, will wear her glasses, take notes, etc.

Is she feeling regret?

No. She did everything right, everyone else just didn't toe the line.

Yes. I think she did enjoy Caylee and really liked showing her off. Caylee was a possession, literally a living doll. A doll you enjoyed and showed off, but never a person with her own rights. The pictures in her cell, if they exist, are for bragging and/or PR. She thinks about Caylee when she needs to use her image for something. I don't imagine she ever holds one of the pictures in her hands and gently runs a finger along the curve of a baby cheek - like parents who have lost a beloved child do. I don't think she sleeps with a toy of Caylee's or a scap of fabric that still has the tiniest odor of her baby.

No - not all. She thinks Baez will get her out and she will be celebrity when he does so.

She's very, very angry at them. In her mind, they betrayed her. I'm afraid she may be plotting against them.

Are you kidding ? If she's writing letters, they are demands.

No - no pesky conscience to keep her up.

From the very beginning I called her severely bipolar with other emotional/mental issues.
But everyone wanted to call her just evil, lier, etc...
with time I too was thinking maybe some of you are right.
But the fact that she is sick never left the back of my mind.
I AM BACK TO WHERE MY INSTINCTS TOOK ME RIGHT AT THE START.
Casey is a very sick person, who needed help long ago.
That does not mean that she was willing to get help,
nor does it mean that she was taken for help.
It only means that she is mentally and emotionally sick.
A good attorney would go for an insanity plea.

But to reply to the name of this thread:
IMHO she is angry some times, and melancholy sometimes.
It depends on how her case is going on that day.
I do not know if she misses anybody, unless it is a moment that she needs them
for her own comfort.
Her emotions run from self to self, not to anyone else.
If she can think of anyone else, this would not have happened at all.
I bet she does think that she will get over on everyone, and walk.
If she walks out of jail she is walking into a mental hospital, I think that is as far as she can get.

By the way there is another thread for this:
I have no issue of her family visiting with her on her attorneys notebook.
NO HARM THERE AT ALL.

Casey is probably plotting and planning. She is plotting and planning how she's going to create a workable life in jail, how she can manipulate the environment to get what she wants. I don't think she minds being in jail. No responsibilities. She doesn't have to make decisions about anything. She doesn't have to find a job. Her medical needs will be met. She doesn't have to do anything but read, eat and write letters. If she was given a TV, radio and occasional access to the Internet, she would probably be content for the rest of her life.

And by this, I'm not saying prison is a pleasant place but some people adapt to it very well. She will adapt.

~Jai Yen

I agree.

What she is thinking about is snacks, words to the music from her little radio and what to write to her new penpals.

Unless you are either a narsissistic sociopath or have lived with one, I don't think it is possible to comprehend how much their world revolves around themselves or how little they feel for others.

Casey never thinks about Caylee. It didn't bother her seeing all the Caylee pictures in her parent's house. She didn't flinch when they talked about finding Caylee's body during the last hearing. Casey has moved on. For Casey *EVERY DAY IS A NEW BEGINNING*. (If she wrote it in 2003, it still is evidence of someone with a pattern of starting over.)

IMO

I do think she thinks about her family, especially Cindy.

I think she blames them for everything that has happened. If they had left her alone, she'd still be playing house.

IMO, she is especially angry with her family for going against her wishes and publically crying about Caylee (rubbing her nose in what she did).

IMO

Scarey subject- what is Casey thinking?
It's difficult to know since she is a sociopath and she has no real human feelings, and no conscience. My ideas are not too hopeful that she has any normal feelings at all.

She feels no regrets except she's sorry she got caught!
She thinks she'll one day be free, because that's what Jose has been leading her to believe.
I doubt she thinks of Caylee except to think with anger and hate towards her for getting her into this mess! It's Caylee's fault, not hers'!
She will never confess. Never. Not to anyone.
She will never say she's sorry to anyone. She has feelings of hatered toward George and Cindy now.
She doesn't have trouble sleeping due to meds, but she occasionally has horrid nightmares about murdering Caylee.

My responses are in green.

I won't do a poll because there's so many possibilities.

What is she thinking?
"This is all my mom's fault. I didn't even want the baby. This is all Caylee's fault. She was too needy. This is all dad's fault. If he had a better job he could have paid for a nanny. This is all Lee's fault. He could have made mom back off. This is all Tony's fault. He could have married me and we would have been a family."

yes. she is sorting through her lies and trying to find a way to make them seem truthful.

Is she feeling regret?
yes. She regrets being caught.

yes.

she understands that she is trapped but she doesn't understand how she has hurt her family.

yes, she thinks of ways to make them love her.

no

no

I must say even though I care less what she is thinking that this thread has provided much needed comic relief. Thanks for that!

Do you think Casey replays in her mind: sex with the boys?

Do you think she thinks: I really want to smoke pot. I really wish I had a Xanax. I need to get out of here, because I'm going to be late for work at Universal.

Casey misses her mom's chili. She probably thinks about having her own bedroom and bathroom at her mom's home. Squatting on a cold, stainless steel toilet in plain view probably kills her. She has probably already asked for room spray and a sheet to put up for privacy.

I hope she hears Caylee's sweet voice each time she closes her eyes to try and sleep or think.

The only thing she probably really misses is shopping and partying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500