What is "normal" behavior in a kidnapping?

This also fits with my ideas of what would be "normal". While I feel Ron had something to do with Haleigh's disappearance, even if he didn't I still might expect him to hang up during a 911 call while they were trying to extract details. Somehow it just fits with the way he is- things weren't getting done the way he felt they should be done so he drops them to go on about things his own way. A controller.

I thought about the drug dealing. Supposing he didn't know anything about why Haleigh went missing, the hanging up might have been drug related. If he was deep into drugs back then and if it made him an indifferent dad it might have been his priority to cover up all the evidence of drug activity first, and the dispatcher interfered with that.

Well I've never had a child kidnapped but have been in neighborhood of a missing child. The family members were helping look around the neighborhood and one of them actually knocked on my door. What I'm trying to say is, this precious little boy had is whole family out looking for him. They rounded up neighbors, including myself, to help look for this child. Everyone was crying and screaming his name, it was so so sad. When the police arrived, the mother (who was the last one with the child) was very distraut but she composed her self long enough to described everything her son was wearing down to his one white sock and one gray sock. We were given this same description when we initially started looking for him. The mother had provided those details immediately and that information was passed on to anyone who took the time to help search. I know every case may be different but that day I was face to face with woman who had truly had her child stolen. It's a feeling that you can't describe...I was heartbroken. In my mind, that was the true actions of a grieving mother.

His mother did not want to stop the search at all, she wanted people out there searching day in and day out and I don't blame her. She wanted her son back. His body was later found about 2 miles away from his home. We later found out that a RSO had kidnapped, molested and strangled him. And for that I hope he (the RSO) burn in H#$%.

If Ronald and/or Misty took part in what happened to Haleigh, may they burn with him.

This just tears me up on the inside....maybe time for a break.

Anyone know what kind of drinker rc is? Some people are exceptionally mean when they drink. I always thought he did a lot of drinking.....I have no reason to jump to this but it has been a gut feeling of mine. His eyes were not dilated the following morning during the infamous interview with his momma. Along with drugs, rc may have an alcoholic problem. I have read reports of serious crimes during alcohol intoxication. Drinking may be the norm for him and account for his tone and behavior.

I think Ron's not staying in the trailer was appropriate for someone barely renting the place a few months and for someone in the drug culture. His sentimental things seem to be chains and tatoos. Staying out in a tent could help him feel that he was suffering and keeping guard in case someone came back snooping around the trailer. If he were older, more respectable, and a home owner then I'd say he was not appropriate.

I would have to stay put, until I knew without a shadow of a doubt, that my child couldn't come looking for me. I'd have a security system installed ASAP, and whatever else it took to keep my other child safe. Under no circumstance, would my phone ring, and me not answer it. My heart would jump out of my chest every time the phone rang, hoping it was my daughter, or someone calling to give me information about her. That's my "normal."

:clap::clap::clap:

Anyone know what kind of drinker rc is? Some people are exceptionally mean when they drink. I always thought he did a lot of drinking.....I have no reason to jump to this but it has been a gut feeling of mine. His eyes were not dilated the following morning during the infamous interview with his momma. Along with drugs, rc may have an alcoholic problem. I have read reports of serious crimes during alcohol intoxication. Drinking may be the norm for him and account for his tone and behavior.
Well, he did reportedly stop for beer that night. & if true, considering the flurry of phone calls, & him looking for Misty, I'd say that alcohol is very important to him. More important than making a mad dash to his kids, that's for sure.

It's not that unusual for a child to go missing from their homes, even their beds. But not if the babysitter is in the same room, possibly the same bed. That's what got a lot of people's suspicions roused up in the beginning, along with the fact that Ronald refused to give the dispatcher any important information, and seemed to go ballistic and hang up twice. Normal people would be upset, some wouldn't make sense at first, and some would be inconsolable. But they would cooperate with the 911 dispatcher and try to answer sensibly. Believe me, LEO's expect people to be upset, but not to threaten to shoot somebody through the back of the squad car.
Normal people probably wouldn't get married a month later, either.
I can't tell you what "normal" is, it might be different for a lot of people. But we all know what NOT normal is... we've seen it in this case a lot!

I think that "normal" behavior for parents of a missing child would be for that parent or the parents to be out knocking on every neighbor's door asking for help in looking for their lost child. Making so much noise that not one single soul would be sleeping but would be out searching for the lost child. That parent would be out walking every path looking, shouting out the child's name and begging every LE agency to never stop searching. That parent would be out searching every single day as long as they could. They would be answering every single question asked by LE, agreeing to every available LDT LE could possibly request. Doing anything and everything it took to find their missing child.

When a child goes missing, it is considered normal behavior to answer your damn cell phone when it rings, even if you are down on your knees in front of cameras giving the *cough* performance of your life.

It's not that unusual for a child to go missing from their homes, even their beds. But not if the babysitter is in the same room, possibly the same bed. That's what got a lot of people's suspicions roused up in the beginning, along with the fact that Ronald refused to give the dispatcher any important information, and seemed to go ballistic and hang up twice. Normal people would be upset, some wouldn't make sense at first, and some would be inconsolable. But they would cooperate with the 911 dispatcher and try to answer sensibly. Believe me, LEO's expect people to be upset, but not to threaten to shoot somebody through the back of the squad car.
Normal people probably wouldn't get married a month later, either.
I can't tell you what "normal" is, it might be different for a lot of people. But we all know what NOT normal is... we've seen it in this case a lot!

Far be it from me to say what is normal and what isn't, but AMEN!

I would be very surprised to learn that your gut is incorrect on this one, Whisp.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back