What Is the Defense Strategy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that was not a motion to keep her check fraud felonies out of the murder trial. Was there a motion and response for that?

Right, it was the opposite, to keep the murder charge from being talked about in the check fraud trial. I don't think there has been anything filed in the murder case regarding the felony check charges. At least nothing I've been able to find.

I wonder if it can be brought up in the murder trial through Amy H's testimony or some other way, or if it will only come up during the penalty phase.

I dont see how they can avoid the check fraud charges coming up at trial since Casey was committing these acts during the 31 days while she was supposedly doing her own private investigation into where Caylee was? Surely the State will have to go into what she was doing during those days.

Right, it was the opposite, to keep the murder charge from being talked about in the check fraud trial. I don't think there has been anything filed in the murder case regarding the felony check charges. At least nothing I've been able to find.

I wonder if it can be brought up in the murder trial through Amy H's testimony or some other way, or if it will only come up during the penalty phase.

Thank you! that is exactly what I was trying to find out. I'm pretty sure it can be used in the penalty phase, I would love to know how much can be mentioned during the actual trial without becoming too prejudicial.

I dont see how they can avoid the check fraud charges coming up at trial since Casey was committing these acts during the 31 days while she was supposedly doing her own private investigation into where Caylee was? Surely the State will have to go into what she was doing during those days.

I agree. At the very least, even if they can't mention the fraud convictions, the State should be able to introduce the videos from Target that show her purchasing things for herself and boyfriend, but not Caylee. The two cases are so entwined, and her shopping sprees do go to the heart of the matter, so I can't see how at least some of it won't be allowed at trial.

Maybe one of the attorneys here can weigh in on this.

I'm just joining this thread and I haven't read all of the posts so forgive me if I'm bringing up a point that's already been made.

Why hasn't the bus been pointed at CA? (She didn't do it but she fits the bill better than anyone else they've accused so far, IMO.)

*Chloroform? She's a nurse.

*She immediately washed all of the clothes and is accused of obstruction of justice by MK.

*She had access to all of the things found with Caylee's body.

*According to LA's statement she has a violent temper.

*She wanted LE to look at everyone, it seems, except her and KC.

I'm sure there's more others can come up with too.

She seems willing to do anything to get KC off except for fall on the knife for her. It seems she's been trying to push people onto the knife but she refuses to fall on it for her daughter herself. JMO

This is Casey Anthony's written statement to LE on the day Cindy Anthony reported Caylee missing. It will be admitted in as evidence. A jury is going to read this statement. Probably more than once.

On Monday, June 9, 2008 between 9am and 1 pm, I, Casey Anthony, took my daughter, Caylee Marie Anthony, to her nanny’s apartment. Caylee will be 3-years-old on August 9, 2008. She was born on August 2005. Caylee is about 3 feet tall, white female with shoulder-length, light brown hair. She has dark hazel eyes (brown/green), and a small birth mark on her left shoulder. On the day of her disappearance, Caylee was wearing a pink shirt, with jean shorts, white sneakers, and her hair was pulled back in a ponytail. On Monday, June 9, 2008, between 9am and 1pm, I took Caylee to the Sawgrass apartments, located on Conway Rd. Caylee’s nanny, Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez, has watched her for the past year and a half, to two years. Zenaida is twenty-five years old, and is from New York. She is roughly 5foot 7 inches tall, 140 pounds. She has dark brown, curly hair, and brown eyes. Zenaida’s birthday is in September. I met Zenaida, through a mutual friend, Jeffery Michael Hopkins. She had watched his son, Zachary Hopkins, for about 6 months, to a year. I met Zenaida in 2004, around Christmas. On the date listed above, June 9, 2008, after dropping Caylee off at Zenaida’s apartment, I proceeded to head to my place of employment, Universal Studios Orlando. I have workd at Universal for over 4 years, since June of 2004. I left work around 5pm, and went back to the apartment to pick-up my daughter. However, after reaching the apartment I realized that neither Zenaida, Caylee, or either of her two roommates were home. I have briefly met Raquel Farrell, and Jennifer Rosa, on various occasions. After calling Zenaida to see where she and Caylee were, and when they were coming home I waited outside of the apartment. I had calle her that afternoon, her phone was no longer in service. Two hours passed, and around 7pm, I left the apartment, and headed to familiar places that Zenaida would go with Caylee. One of Caylee’s favorite places is Jay Blanchard Park. I spent the rest of that evening, pacing and worrying at one of the few places I felt “at home” my boyfriend Anthony Lazzaro’s apartment. For the past four weeks, since Caylee’s disappearance, I have stayed at Anthony’s apartment in Sutton Place. I have spent everyday, since Monday, June 9, 2008, looking for my daughter. I have lied and stolen from friends and family, to do whatever I could by any means, to find my daughter. I avoided calling the police, or even notifying my own family out of fear. I have been, and still am afraid of what has, or may happen to Caylee. I have not had contact with Zenaida since Thursday, June 12, 2008. I received a quick call from Zenaida. Not once have I been able to ask her for my daughter, or gain any information on where I can find her. Everyday I have gone to malls, parks, andy place I could remember Zenaida taking Caylee. I have gone out and tried to find any information about Caylee, or Zenaida, whether by going to a popular bar, or restaurant. I have contacted Jeff Hopkins on several occasions to see if he had heard from, or seen Zenaida. Jeff currently lives in Jacksonville, Florida.
On Tuesday, July 15, 2008, around 12pm, I received a phone call from my daughter, Caylee. Today was the first day I have heard her voice in over 4 weeks. I’m afraid of what Caylee is going through. After 31 days, I know that the only thing that matters is getting my daughter back. With many and all attempts to contact Zenaida, and within the one short conversation, on June 12, 2008. I was never able to check on the status or well-being of my daughter. Zenaida never made an attempt to explain why caylee is no longer in Orlando, or if she is ever going to bring her home.

1) June 9th, 2008. First we have the incorrect date. I don't care if it was Cindy who came up with that date. I believe a jury is going to question why the mother of the "missing" child didn't remember the correct date? Or correct it when Cindy came up with that date?

2) She states that she dropped Caylee off at the Sawgrass Apartments with the nanny, Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez. We all know how well that worked out for Casey. Not to mention that the story has changed two more times after this original story. LIES. LIES. LIES.

3) Jeffrey Michael Hopkins and his son Zachary Hopkins. They don't exist. LIES!

4) Universal Studios Orlando. She has worked there 4 years. Since 2004. The jury will find out very quickly that this is in fact, another LIE.

5) She left work about about 5pm. I would assume that traffic in Orlando is pretty heavy about that time, so no telling how long it took her to make it to Sawgrass Apartments to pick up her 2-year-old baby from her nanny, Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez. LIES.

6) She left Sawgrass Apartments at around 7pm and headed to "familiar places" like "Jay Blanchard Park" to look for Caylee. The headed to her boyfriends house and spent the rest of the evening pacing and worrying. FIRST of all, Casey says she left the Sawgrass Apartments at around 7pm. Headed to familiar places and Jay Blanchard Park. She really is superwoman to be able to do that and be at Blockbuster just before 8pm that night to rent horror movies with her boyfriend Tony L. SECOND of all, I don't think watching movies about murder and kidnapping is anywhere close to worrying and pacing about your OWN "kidnapped" baby. LIES.

7) I have lied and stolen from friends and family. She leaves it wide open for the thefts to be brought up at trial. Finally something that was TRUE except she didn't do it to find Caylee. That will be proven.

8) Tuesday July, 15th, 2008 at around noon she got a call from Caylee. DISGUSTING LIE that will be proven.

9) After 31 days, I know that the only thing that matters is getting my daughter back.... AFTER? What mattered during that 31 days she WASN'T reported missing? Oh, never mind. The jury will be filled in about all that really mattered to you during those 31 days.

I know that it is the SA who is going to have to prove that Casey is guilty (which we know she is), but how is the defense going to get around all the lies Casey told? This is only her original written statement. I don't even want to get into her little call home where she talked to Cindy, Lee and Kristina.

Thanks LolaMoon08. My favorite part of the "statement";

I have gone out and tried to find any information about Caylee, or Zenaida, whether by going to a popular bar, or restaurant.

I know I shouldn't laugh but that one made me snicker. I think she forgot to mention the tattoo parlor also.

I have gone out and tried to find any information about Caylee, or Zenaida, whether by going to a popular bar, or restaurant.

I know I shouldn't laugh but that one made me snicker. I think she forgot to mention the tattoo parlor also.

Wait until the jury hears about how Casey took LE all the way to her place of employment at Universal Studios of Orlando to find her other Sim card (or phone?). Walked them through security. Walked them into some building that her office was in. Made it all the way to the end of the hallway... "Oops, I forgot, I haven't worked here in two years, I just thought we could ask around and see if Caylee has been here. Maybe hand out some fliers?"

Like you, I shouldn't laugh, but really Casey? Really?

Pop her in the toaster and set it to high...she's done........toast.
Every once in a while I need to read something like that written statement of hers to ease my worries about the trial.
Thank you.

I wonder why Casey lied in her official statement about the clothes Caylee was wearing? Had she and George conspired or did she just go along with what he said she was wearing (just like she agreed to the same date, June 9th, that Cindy established)? Or is there something even more sinister ~ based on her comment to LP's group, "They haven't even found her clothes yet."

Or does she just lie even if there's no reason for it?

Wait until the jury hears about how Casey took LE all the way to her place of employment at Universal Studios of Orlando to find her other Sim card (or phone?). Walked them through security. Walked them into some building that her office was in. Made it all the way to the end of the hallway... "Oops, I forgot, I haven't worked here in two years, I just thought we could ask around and see if Caylee has been here. Maybe hand out some fliers?"

Like you, I shouldn't laugh, but really Casey? Really?

BBM

It's impossible not to laugh at this circus and the parade of clowns involved in the whole thing.

At the trial I expect a VW Bug to pull up and out will come KC, JB, DC, MK, BC, CA, GA, LA, Ginette, the Milsteads, all of the psychics, the people who stood out in front of the A's house yelling at them and all of the other clowns involved in this whole thing. They'll all come out goose stepping in oversize shoes and red rubber noses with twirling bow ties, slide whistles, multicolored fuzzy wigs and they'll all march proudly into the courtroom. Unfortunately, this is going to be a sight to see.

I wonder why Casey lied in her official statement about the clothes Caylee was wearing? Had she and George conspired or did she just go along with what he said she was wearing (just like she agreed to the same date, June 9th, that Cindy established)? Or is there something even more sinister ~ based on her comment to LP's group, "They haven't even found her clothes yet."

Would George even have had time to talk to Casey before writing her statement? It seemed that George had just walked in when the police arrived?

This is George's statement on July 16th, 2008.

"On July 15, 2008 at approximately 2005pm my spouse (Cindy) called my cell phone. I immediately attempted to return her call, and only got her voice mail. I called our land line #, and also got a voice mail. I immediately then called my son, Lee told him I would appreciate him, checking on his mom, told him briefly about Casey again, and Mom and I are upset. At 2035pm, I finally got ahold of my spouse by cell, and she asked when I would be home. I told her I would be home about 10-1030pm.

Arriving at 950pm, my spouse was in our garage crying! Upset and told me that Cayoee Marie (

Our granddaughter9 was missing, taken a month ago, by a person by the name of Zany.

I inquired to my spouse about Orange County Sheriff being called and I was told they were contacted at 830pm.

As to this statement, my granddaughter-Caylee Marie Anthony, age 3 has been missing. What I mean, I have not seen her or heard her voice since June 9, 2008. My daughter, Casey, Caylee’s mother has been very vague for a month, each time we have asked to speak, see her or ask where she is at. My daughter would always have a different answer.

My granddaughter will be 3 yrs old, August 9, 2008."

Did George have an opportunity to read Casey's original statement or did Casey fill daddy in on what Caylee was wearing on June 16th, 2008?

I wish I knew?

Would George even have had time to talk to Casey before writing her statement? It seemed that George had just walked in when the police arrived?

This is George's statement on July 16th, 2008.

"On July 15, 2008 at approximately 2005pm my spouse (Cindy) called my cell phone. I immediately attempted to return her call, and only got her voice mail. I called our land line #, and also got a voice mail. I immediately then called my son, Lee told him I would appreciate him, checking on his mom, told him briefly about Casey again, and Mom and I are upset. At 2035pm, I finally got ahold of my spouse by cell, and she asked when I would be home. I told her I would be home about 10-1030pm.

Arriving at 950pm, my spouse was in our garage crying! Upset and told me that Cayoee Marie (

Our granddaughter9 was missing, taken a month ago, by a person by the name of Zany.

I inquired to my spouse about Orange County Sheriff being called and I was told they were contacted at 830pm.

As to this statement, my granddaughter-Caylee Marie Anthony, age 3 has been missing. What I mean, I have not seen her or heard her voice since June 9, 2008. My daughter, Casey, Caylee’s mother has been very vague for a month, each time we have asked to speak, see her or ask where she is at. My daughter would always have a different answer.

My granddaughter will be 3 yrs old, August 9, 2008."

Did George have an opportunity to read Casey's original statement or did Casey fill daddy in on what Caylee was wearing on June 16th, 2008?

I wish I knew?

RBBM. They must have had some conversation because they both described the same clothing ~ and we know it's different than what she was wearing/was found with her remains.

To me her statement shows somebody who has been lying and getting away with it all her life. I think she didn't realize that LE would be going and checking all of the things in her story out.

She's coming from a family who didn't believe she was pregnant when she was 7 months along. IIRC, her mother refused to listen to her brother when he said she was pregnant or had a massive tumor that needed to be looked at right away. "She's gained a little weight," is what she told him I believe. In his statement to police her brother says that a lot of people at the party asked; "Who's the pregnant girl?" Yet somehow CA couldn't see it or didn't want to see it.

If you can tell your mom that you've never had sex when you're 7 months pregnant and get away with it I think you'll believe anyone will believe anything. Especially, if after being caught in that lie it's still easy to make your mother believe your happy horsecrap. JMO

O/T but I've always been curious about this. If her mother didn't know she was pregnant until after her 7th month why didn't KC just get an abortion early on? Was having the kid a way to embarrass her mother?

RBBM. They must have had some conversation because they both described the same clothing ~ and we know it's different than what she was wearing/was found with her remains.

Let's entertain the thought that George DID see them on June 16th, 2008 and Caylee was wearing a pink shirt and blue jean shorts? I don't think it's that far of a stretch to believe that Caylee was murdered in the Anthony home. At least I believe that Caylee was murdered in the Anthony home.

What if Caylee wasn't drugged when Caylee wrapped the duct tape around her little face? What if Caylee fought? She would naturally try to remove the duct tape from blocking her airwaves. What if Casey accidentally busted Caylee's lip while trying to forcefully put the tape on Caylee? What if the tooth that they never did find was really knocked out and the blood stained the outfit Caylee was wearing originally? Would Casey be smart enough to change Caylee out of an outfit stained with Caylee's blood and hide the clothes? It would explain Casey's comments about "not finding her clothes yet." It would also explain the change in outfit?

Just something to think about?

This is Casey Anthony's written statement to LE on the day Cindy Anthony reported Caylee missing. It will be admitted in as evidence. A jury is going to read this statement. Probably more than once.

(1)On Monday, June 9, 2008 between 9am and 1 pm, I, Casey Anthony, took my daughter, Caylee Marie Anthony, to her nanny’s apartment.

(2)After calling Zenaida to see where she and Caylee were, and when they were coming home I waited outside of the apartment. I had called her that afternoon, her phone was no longer in service.

(3)Two hours passed, and around 7pm, I left the apartment, and headed to familiar places that Zenaida would go with Caylee. One of Caylee’s favorite places is Jay Blanchard Park. I spent the rest of that evening, pacing and worrying at one of the few places I felt “at home” my boyfriend Anthony Lazzaro’s apartment. For the past four weeks, since Caylee’s disappearance, I have stayed at Anthony’s apartment in Sutton Place.

(4)I have not had contact with Zenaida since Thursday, June 12, 2008. I received a quick call from Zenaida. Not once have I been able to ask her for my daughter, or gain any information on where I can find her.

(4a)Everyday I have gone to malls, parks, andy place I could remember Zenaida taking Caylee. I have gone out and tried to find any information about Caylee, or Zenaida, whether by going to a popular bar, or restaurant.

(5) - After 31 days, I know that the only thing that matters is getting my daughter back. With many and all attempts to contact Zenaida, and within the one short conversation, on June 12, 2008. I was never able to check on the status or well-being of my daughter. Zenaida never made an attempt to explain why caylee is no longer in Orlando, or if she is ever going to bring her home.

Sorry I slaughtered your post but having read this several times I've noticed some things for the first time:

1 - OK #1 I had noticed before but this bugged me all over again - sometime in a four hour span she dropped Caylee off - really? The last time you ever saw your daughter and this is the best you can do? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

2 - She called early afternoon and knew the phone was no longer in service - but called to see where she and Caylee were and when they were coming home - wouldn't she have just assumed they were home and gone to pick up her daughter? :waitasec: :waitasec:

3 - She left at 7pm to go look for Caylee in familiar places... like Tony's and BlockBusters? otherwise they were very quick searches... One of Caylee’s favorite places is Jay Blanchard Park - but I guess she skipped looking in the park? Weren't she and Tony caught on video between 8 & 9? She stayed at Tony's place except when she didn't! :confused: :confused:

4 - I have not had contact with Zenaida since Thursday, June 12, 2008. But the corrected drop-off date is June 16? How does that work ICA? :doh: :doh:

4a - I have gone out and tried to find any information about Caylee, or Zenaida, whether by going to a popular bar, or restaurant. :nono: :nono:

5 - Why couldn't ICA check the status? All she had to do was ask, during those couple of quick phone calls? So how did she know Caylee was no longer in Orlando? :no: :no:

I always found it interesting the Casey went along with the June 9th date, but got the 31 days part right. Did she seriously think giving her an extra week here was going to help her? IMO it only makes her look worse!

I always found it interesting the Casey went along with the June 9th date, but got the 31 days part right. Did she seriously think giving her an extra week here was going to help her? IMO it only makes her look worse!

Thanks for this! That inconsistency has only just hit me - I'm sure everyone else here has already twigged though! If they were honestly accidentally working from an incorrect date, where did 31 days come from?? Shouldn't it be 38?

Thanks for this! That inconsistency has only just hit me - I'm sure everyone else here has already twigged though! If they were honestly accidentally working from an incorrect date, where did 31 days come from?? Shouldn't it be 38?

I'd really like to see that time line put out. Did she say the 9th when she was first arrested and then change it to the 15th after her mother "discovered the error"?

3 - She left at 7pm to go look for Caylee in familiar places... like Tony's and BlockBusters? otherwise they were very quick searches... One of Caylee’s favorite places is Jay Blanchard Park - but I guess she skipped looking in the park? Weren't she and Tony caught on video between 8 & 9? She stayed at Tony's place except when she didn't! :confused:

I looked up the time Tony and Casey were photographed at Blockbuster and it says that it was right before 8pm that night.

According to Casey, she left work at 5:00pm. According to Mapquest Universal Studios is 11.57 miles from Sawgrass Apartments. It states that the average amount of time to get there is 24 minutes. I would factor in rush hour traffic in Orlando, which is horrific, but I'll give Casey her 24 minutes.

So Casey would arrive at Sawgrass Apartments by 5:30pm. I'm taking her 6 minutes to walk out of her "office", through security and out to the employee parking lot.

She claims she she waited around the apartment until 7:00pm. Did she go look by the pool? Possible playground in the complex? No.

Let's say that Casey did go to Jay Blanchard Park. According to Mapquest, Jay Blanchard Park is a 15 minute drive from Sawgrass Apartments. She would arrive at 7:15.

It takes roughly 8 minutes to get from Jay Blanchard Park to Sutton Place Apartments. I think that Casey would have to have been at Tony's apartment by 7:30pm in order to be to Blockbuster by right before 8:00pm, but I'll be nice and give her until 7:45.

That leaves Casey 22 minutes inbetween 7:00pm and 7:45pm that she spent looking for her precious two-year-old baby before she went to a "place she felt at home" to pace back and forth worrying all evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname