What Is the Defense Strategy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the defense is shooting for a mistrial that is what ICA said in one of her letters to her inmate buddy .ICA said her attorney said it would end up being a mistrial…. I think she is good with that and that the state can’t afford to go through all this again. There for all the shenanigans by the Duh-fense and all the playing stupid by JB …. He is a snake in the grass, but here on this earth by the devil himself!!! Pure Evil…. JB gets his $$$ and fame... along with the rest of ALL the dreamteam past and present attorneys, and they all fly off with TM to a beach somewhere to romp naked on a beach!!!

I agree. That is what I was trying to say when I talked about the change of demeanor in the SAs upthread. They almost look beaten down. All the while JB is strutting like a peacock.

But Baez said it himself - "just because you are smiling (or smirking) doesn't mean you are happy".

I think Baez is going to say that ICA created the nanny in her mind and made herself believe that Caylee was okay....that Caylee was at Sea World, that Caylee was at Universal...etc. etc. ....and that is why she went on as if nothing happened, because she literally believed (in her mind) that Caylee was okay with the nanny.....what else could sum up her actions in the first minute of opening statements?
With that being said, I do not agree that this as an excuse is excusable, I'm just sayin' that this is something the DT might try to use....

I think Baez is going to say that ICA created the nanny in her mind and made herself believe that Caylee was okay....that Caylee was at Sea World, that Caylee was at Universal...etc. etc. ....and that is why she went on as if nothing happened, because she literally believed (in her mind) that Caylee was okay with the nanny.....what else could sum up her actions in the first minute of opening statements?
With that being said, I do not agree that this as an excuse is excusable, I'm just sayin' that this is something the DT might try to use....

I agree I think he was going to "try" to say that until his pseudo mental health expert testimony got shot down and his experts bailed. Now up creek - no paddles.

But JB and now LKB have stated publicly that she lied. That's a conscious act, not the result of some fantasy creation .

Right, but that does not mean that he can't say it in opening statements anyway....even though it won't be backed by any other testimony, he can still say it to the jury on opening and closing....at least that is my understanding...

Bumping for thoughts now that the defense had to withdraw Danziger AND Weitz...

The very fact that the STATE could save a lot of money by not going through with this trial is a big bargaining tool for the defense if they just wanted to save her life. Any normal person would realize they are backed up against a wall, big time and would be looking for a deal. It appears KC has never listened to the advice of anyone in her lifetime and pretty much has been permitted to go her own merry way without any thoughts about putting on the brakes when you are headed for the wall.

If the State stands firm, could KC ask the judge for mercy if she told the truth? jmo

I just realized that during yesterday's hearing I saw KC talking with JB and she turned slightly to look into the gallery and said "hi" and I thought she was acknowledging her mother but now I hear that ALyon was there and it would make more sense that the big smile and hi was for Ms. Lyon rather than CA. jmo

My thought is that ICA and the defense has basically painted themselves into a corner! They can throw out whatever doubts they have about science or possible SODDI theories-bottom line is the jury will want to hear from ICA and WTH was up with the 31 days!!
If JB admits to the jury that ICA lied about ZFG-the jury will want to know the truth cause they have to decide if she gets the death penalty.
So come on Miss Anthony-we're not your Momma-tell us what happened? :maddening:
paint-into-a-corner.jpg

I haven't read thru this thread for a while but I thought this was interesting in todays news.

Inmate: Casey Anthony tried to pin Caylee's murder on parents George and Cindy

"In a recently released deposition, Robyn Adams told attorneys that Casey revealed, “I’ve wondered about my dad. I’ve wondered about my mom” regarding little Caylee Anthony’s murder."

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-nat...orge-and-cindy

Is this just another media trick or do others really believe that kc & dt would actually try and blame the death of Caylee on GA & CA?

I'm going with the accident, coverup scenario. Put KC on the stand where she can cry her eyes out, apologize to her mother through the tears, say she was scared and didn't know what to do, etc.

I think THIS strategy best fits all of the evidence. PLUS, it would give her less time and a better chance for a speedy parole than really any other scenario.

If they are going to invent some other perp, then they are back to square one, and they might as well stick with Zanny.

If they are going to select a real live person to point the finger at, they are going to have to battle some rock-solid alibis.

So, I see the accident theory coming into play. I have no doubt about it.

BBM

Yeah but they are going to have to be REAL tears, and she better lose the immediate wiping and staring at her fingers like the tears are boogers-the jury will see through her fake crying as fast as we did. She needs tears streaming down her cheeks untouched, sobbing, and a snotty nose, the way real people cry when they are distraught. I don't think bad actress Casey can pull that off, much less on cue.

Well. DT was trying to use Danziger and Weitz to get a non-mental-health explanation for KC's state of mind into the jurors' heads, without having to put her on the stand. No go.

LKB has recently said that we all know the nanny story was a lie.

So they are back to square one--the lies will come in, but the "not really a mental health defense" explanation for the lies won't.

The more I think about this the more devastating to their case it seems. What strategy can they use, now that they can't insert hearsay to explain their client's outrageous behavior? And given that His Honor seems to be inclined to let photos from that time frame in as long as the SA can provide foundation?

I would imagine that the DT is holding their collective breath waiting for CJBP to rule on the Frye issues (by the 21st). They'll know exactly what they are dealing with at that point, and I just don't know what shreds of strategy they will have left at that point? :waitasec: essies' picture above is quite apt, and IMO that corner they are standing in is likely to get even smaller after the Frye rulings. They will be packed in quite cosily.

Now I am sitting on the fence about whether they are going to use the accident story or the George-Did-It story. It will certainly be one of the two, UNLESS they go with Jesse-Did-It.

I think they will stick to GA. Poor ol' guy.

Now I am sitting on the fence about whether they are going to use the accident story or the George-Did-It story. It will certainly be one of the two, UNLESS they go with Jesse-Did-It.e

If the "GA did it" plan backfires on them it will be BIG TIME and she could forget about LWOP. JB pretty much closed that door when he asked GA if he would stay away from court if he thought it would help save his daughter's life. GA agreed he would do anything so "Door Slam".

Once the jury gets the idea that nothing KC says can be trusted they will depend on what they see as the evidence and pretty much mistrust anything DT may have to say when it comes to blaming others.

Is there no one on this earth who has not been accused of doing something they did not do, or at least know of someone who has been falsely accused. She's on trial and being accused in the death of her daughter but she wants to blame someone else for a responsibility that was solely hers. I don't see the jury buying SODDI. jmo

It is obviously B.S. I am just saying that the defense needs to point the finger of blame somewhere else and george is the perfect patsy for them.

And the defense does not have to prove someone else did it, just that someone else could have done it. He 'could have' killed Caylee himself on the 16th. All of the things that we say Casey did, they can say George did them.
George could have hid her in the yard at first, then the trunk of the car, to frame Casey. Cindy wouldn't know, she tought the baby was with Casey.

Once Casey figured out that her Dad killed the baby she was so scared she hid from him. And she has stayed in jail to keep safely away from him, until her attorneys finally share the truth. [ really far fetched I know, but they are desperate imo.]

Poor George. Beat down by the 2 women in his life, now possibly going to be used as a patsy for this crime. IMO he did nothing wrong. I don't believe for one second he molested Casey. No wonder is he staying away from the courtroom. No way can he sit there with any ounce of dignity in the courtroom pretending to support the very person that is accusing him of molesting her and trying to throw him under the bus for Caylees murder.

No way was Casey afraid of George. She treated him just like she saw her mom treat him. Learned behavior. She cussed at him and used the F word when speaking to him. My dad would have knocked my teeth out if I had spoken to him like that. Then again, her own parents had no problem spewing that word when mad so maybe it was No Big Deal in that household. I just find it shocking, due to the way I was raised.

They will have to put Casey on the stand. I'm sure they don't want to but it's not unheard of. We know they are going to go with the nanny is a lie so how else can they introduce an altogether new story?

Now I am sitting on the fence about whether they are going to use the accident story or the George-Did-It story. It will certainly be one of the two, UNLESS they go with Jesse-Did-It.

Huge mistake if they do imo. An accident she couldn't face and covered up makes Casey look a little more human. The jury is not going to like this girl as it is but to blame her father is unconscionable. If the defense does not go with an accident there is some very damning evidence found with Caylee. The nanny having a key to the house and therefore access to those things is out so I suppose it would have to be George.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemo1961