What is the "Ninth Judicial Circuit Courtroom Decorum Policy"?

Actually, this is an administrative order and it was supposed to be that way in JS's courtroom too. It covers all of Orange and Osceola county courtrooms. When I attended hearings previously in this case I saw lots of bottled water and even coffee in the Courtroom.

It would kill me not to have a water bottle glued to my side. I have a gag reflex and if I don't have a bottle of water at hand I'm in danger of puking on anyone within 5 feet of me.

I recently served jury duty and was so grateful the judge allowed us to have water bottles with us.

It would kill me not to have a water bottle glued to my side. I have a gag reflex and if I don't have a bottle of water at hand I'm in danger of puking on anyone within 5 feet of me.

I recently served jury duty and was so grateful the judge allowed us to have water bottles with us.

Hmmm, didn't see any rules against that :sick: thing. J/K and really not meaning to make light of your situation. I'm sure if there were a good reason you could get special permission from the judge. I just think it's great that maybe someone will finally be coming down on the Anthony's lack of respect in the courtroom.

Umm- they need to check the vodka content of CA's bottle though..:innocent:

I'm betting there's a nice, big photo on an easel somewhere of Caylee during the trial as soon as the prosecution begins their case.

I like the way he's starting out. Kind of a "OK, I'm here, knock off all the crap and let's get this done!" kind of message.

OT but Eleanor Odom, the Attorney that NG frequently has on her show, says she would put on display two large photos for the Jury to see, as she makes her opening statement. One would be of Caylee as her usual adorable little self.
Alongside it would be a photo of the remains as found in a swamp. She would not mention the photos, but let them speak, and much more eloquently than she ever could.

This is pretty much what I expected in JS's courtroom. Pretty standard stuff. And was really suprised when people were not called out for breaking these rules.

In some courtroom's, sunglasses are not allowed. Many folks in florida have them on their heads, kinda automaticlly.

So what is at issue here is the expectation. Will this Judge expect these rules to be followed...

This is pretty much what I expected in JS's courtroom. Pretty standard stuff. And was really suprised when people were not called out for breaking these rules.

In some courtroom's, sunglasses are not allowed. Many folks in florida have them on their heads, kinda automaticlly.

So what is at issue here is the expectation. Will this Judge expect these rules to be followed...

I expect he will because he's gone out of his way to point them out.

A few people are going to now have some BIG TIME reality checks......

I do hope that's not too hard on them......:sick:

OT but Eleanor Odom, the Attorney that NG frequently has on her show, says she would put on display two large photos for the Jury to see, as she makes her opening statement. One would be of Caylee as her usual adorable little self.
Alongside it would be a photo of the remains as found in a swamp. She would not mention the photos, but let them speak, and much more eloquently than she ever could.

Can they do that? If so, I would add a third photo of KC partying right next to it.

Finally! No more gum chewing in the court room! THANK YOU!

Okay, I'm starting a betting pool.

Casey is going to last five seconds before being held in contempt for any myriad of things. I don't think she's capable of sitting there like a statue. It just isn't possible.
Baez is going to last five seconds longer than Casey and be held in contempt for being a buffoon. He just can't help himself.
Cindy will last five whole minutes just to look better than Casey and Baez. She just won't be able to help herself and will have to chew some gum.
And George will go with her because, well, that's what he does. No rule breaking needed.
The only one left will be Cheney Mason, who will say, "See what I have to deal with, your Honor?"
And Judge Perry will respond, "Tough noogies. Now get on with it!"
And then the hearing will finally be underway. That's my prediction.

Any bets? Anyone? I'm even going to print off the decorum rules and use it like a scorecard. This will be the best hearing EVER!

I personally have not followed this case blow-by-blow. But I did see the judge recused himself and a new judge was put in place, caused by the motions filed by the defense.

I followed the Laci Peterson case closely. I see the SAME SCENARIO here that I saw in Laci's case. The def attorney, saying, filing, whatever.....at the detriment of his client. Geragos made that mistake, even at a $mil$ or more fee...............THIS defense is no different................They've let the *stars* get in their way of defending their client and CASEY is going to pay the pri$e................

IMHO, she deserves it! But who am I?

Go Baez and team! Put your client where she deserves to be!

JMHO
fran

PS..........OOooPPsss! sorry, She hasn't been tried yet! Oh well, I'm on the LEFT COAST, not qualified for their jury. :).................fran

I'm wondering if JP will get so sick of finding Casey in Contempt that he finally says she doesn't have to show up, Like she originally wanted to do.

No more KC sending “Finger Messages” to George or anyone else during court, while she is attempting to dab tears from her eyes.

No more KC sending “Finger Messages” to George or anyone else during court, while she is attempting to dab tears from her eyes.

Think the judge will tell her she needs to keep her hands off herself??

I don't mean that the way it sounds....

This question was asked and answered by our verified lawyers in the ask the lawyers thread its post 647 here is what was said:

After reviewing some Florida case law (but by no means doing a complete search), I do not think the SA will be permitted to do this. Here's an excerpt from a case (Buckner) in which the court found there was NOT a problem with photos of the victim, but you can tell from the reasoning that something more than this MIGHT very well be a problem:

In his final guilt phase argument, Buckner asserts that extrajudicial evidence created undue sympathy which warranted a mistrial. During a break in the guilt phase, a juror told the bailiff that she saw spectators holding up photographs. An investigation revealed that one spectator held up a collage of photographs of the victim; several rows back, family members of the victim held up two eight-by-ten photographs of the victim. Apparently, none of the jurors saw the eight-by-ten photos, but two of the jurors saw the collage of small photos. Of the two jurors, one stated she thought it was inappropriate that the family held up photographs and that the incident would not influence her in any way; the other juror stated that she saw the photographs but refused to look at them and that the incident would not influence her decision.

After this incident, Buckner moved for a mistrial, arguing that this incident exposed the jury to a blatant appeal for sympathy and consequently deprived Buckner of a fair trial. The trial judge denied the motion.

Under certain circumstances, prejudicial exhibition of emotion may deprive a defendant of a fair trial. Woods v. Dugger , 923 F.2d 1454 (11th Cir. 1991) (where prejudicial exhibition "extreme," new trial warranted). Moreover, it is inappropriate for a judge to inquire into the emotions, mental processes, or mistaken beliefs of jurors. State v. Hamilton , 574 So. 2d 124 (Fla. 1991). However, a judge may objectively look to the extrinsic factual matters disclosed to the jury and then determine whether there was a reasonable possibility that the breach was prejudicial to the defendant. Id . at 129. In this case, a few of the jurors saw the photographs for a brief moment only and even then, saw them only from a distance; the photographs consisted of nothing more than the victim pictured with other individuals; and none of the jurors who saw the photographs could identify who was depicted in the photographs. On these facts, there is no reasonable possibility that the jury's brief exposure to the photographs may have changed the outcome of the proceeding. See , e.g. , Burns v. State , 609 So. 2d 600 (Fla. 1992) (widow crying three times in courtroom insufficient to prejudice jury). Consequently, we find this claim to be without merit.

The dynamics have changed with this new Judge making it very clear he isn't going to tolerate all the tactics the Defense was going to pull. Oh, this is going to be real good. Love JS, but ya know I believe everything happens for a reason.

And even better.....it was in BOLD font beginning with the words "at the counsel table..."

I didn't think it would take Judge Perry very long to get caught up on this case....methinks he has been following AND PAYING CLOSE ATTENTION from the very beginning...

GAME ON.....!

(Wonder if someone is starting to feel that burning, churning feeling in the tummy again? :waitasec::dance:)
I thought the same thing regarding Judge Perry!! Sure hasn't taken him long to get caught up!! Very smart man!!

I wonder too if while standing at the lectern if "someone" will drop all of their junk on the floor again while having to hand documents to the clerk.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back