What keeps you searching for answers about Haleigh?

There are so many missing children but for some reason, when I heard about Haleigh on TV, I was drawn to this case. In searching for information on her on the internet, I found web sleuths and have been here ever since. Through this past year I've followed other cases for awhile but have not been able to keep up with any of them. Haleigh is the only one that I've stayed focused on. Once I found this website, I started checking out other forums and about four months ago, I found the unidentified forum. I spend hours trying to match up missing persons to unidentified people. The Lord works in mysterious ways and maybe I was led here because of Haleigh but also to possibly give some unidentified person a name.

A life just started
barely begun

Another child angel
up in heaven

Wings should not come
in sizes so small

They fly through the air
on the arms of a doll

Are there classrooms in heaven
with slides and a swing?

Is there chatter and laughter
as the bells ring?

An apple for the teacher
a note to a friend

Is there such a place in heaven
for a child to attend?

It doesn't seem right
it hurts way down deep

For a child in heaven
only makes us weep

For me, there are several reasons. A couple of years ago, my daughter got mixed up with a guy, who could be Ronald's long, lost twin. They did the tattoo thing, she fought off his 'dope wh0&&s' & basically went through 2 years of he!!- loving him, & hoping that he would straighten up. Well, it ended with family violence charges against both of them. So, when I see Misty & Ronald, it's like I know them & it's become kind of personal. & although I know what common sense dictates, there's a piece of me that roots for them to be uninvolved. I don't despise them, & actually feel some compassion for these hefty drug charges-kind of like I would feel if my daughter's ex were facing them. The point is, I still care a lot about my daughter's ex, & understand that these people have those who care for them very much. Another thing that keeps me searching, is the soap opera drama of it all. You never know what's gonna happen next. But the main reason I'm still here, is that I'm scared this case is gonna go cold, without the forum pressure. It seemed that Ron, Misty, Teresa, had no problem moving on, & that made me sick for Jr. I wondered how often they said her name in front of him, & if they allowed him to discuss her. I knew that little guy was suffering, & I wanted his feelings validated. I want him to know that Haleigh was real, & that her life mattered.

Really great responses peeps. Love your verse Mew. It takes so much extra heart to give our emotions and energy to missing children. I have followed so many cases and swore I never would get that involved with a missing child again. Robert Manwell and Caylee and so many others. And then Haleigh with her little toothy smile just grabbed me. I'm proud to know there are so many people that aren't afraid to care so much that our missing babies are not forgotten. :blowkiss:

For me it is because I believe Haleigh will be found. I do believe the truth will come out.

I don't believe that she will be found alive though...and that breaks my heart. I want to know why so that too keeps me involved here.

I'm not here for answers so much anymore.
(I think we have a pretty good theory or two about what happened to Haleigh, and one of them is going to be darn close to the facts.) :yes:

I'm not here for depressing dysfunctional videos ad nauseum. :snooty:

So, I would have to say:

I'm here waiting for justice.:smiliescale: :rocker:

...and perhaps some more art work. :wink: :biggrin:

Emma, Are you still doing Bingo cards if so help yourself to a stack please!!!!!

I agree patiently waiting on Justice for HaLeigh which is long overdue!!!!!!

Emma, Are you still doing Bingo cards if so help yourself to a stack please!!!!!

I agree patiently waiting on Justice for HaLeigh which is long overdue!!!!!!

well, as you asked, as a matter of fact ...

I first heard of Haleigh's disappearance after Caylee's memorial. I saw her picture and her smiled just captured my heart. Haleigh drew me in like no other missing child has before. When all the stories started coming out, I could not believe how insane it all was. I had to know more.

What keeps me searching for answers? For almost 14 months, a precious child has been missing and she needs to be found. Justice needs to be served.

These are the reasons why I listen to the Putnam county scanner daily just trying to hear any little bit of information which might be a clue in Haleigh's case. As much as I wish Haleigh to be alive, I don't believe that she is. The thoughts of her laying out there somewhere in the elements, as Caylee was, is heartbreaking. She needs to be found and properly laid to rest. And I want justice to be served for the persons responsible.

Haleigh captured my heart and I can't let her go.

My house had burned down in March of 2008, we were put in an apartment paid for by insurance and it had cable. I had never had cable before. One day after meeting spending all day with the contractor's I was so angry came to the apartment and turned on the TV and NG was on I started watching it and it was about Caylee and how she had been missing for 31 days and all the sudden my problems seemed so small. I got hooked in the Caylee case and watched every single day I have been totally obsessed with Caylee's case. When we moved in to our new home the first thing I did was get cable and internet because I was addicted, after Caylee was found I vowed I would NEVER EVER get drug into another missing childs case. Against my better judgement I watched the memorial, and after the memorial it was reported that another child was missing, Haleigh and I started thinking that Haleigh and Caylee cases were connected and maybe it wasn't Casey that killed Caylee, and so I started looking into Haleigh's case trying to see if there was a connection. When HLN had said that cadaver dogs had hit on a dumpster near the homes I lost it. I started thinking of junior and what he would grow up knowing. I started thinking about Haleigh and what her life must have been like living with these people and one day I looked at a photo of Haleigh and it was like I could see her soul in her eyes, and I saw an angel who deserved justice. Her life needs to stand for something and not just because it was so close to Caylee but because she is a human life and she deserves people to love her and to care about her, and I promised I would always remember her and do whatever I can to find out what happened to her and its a promise I intend to keep.
I learned one thing though, I will never say I will not get involved again, because I will we all will and we should, because these kids need a voice.

I have never followed a case at all, other than what information the news or newshows would give out. When no futher mention of the case in the news came at all I was upset.
What happened, I had to know. Got on computer, didn't know how to use very well and rarely tried. Over a year ago.
Pictures, videos, of a beautiful, loving, silly, happy, big sister with those dancing eyes.
She was a gift, they are all gifts. I want laws changed, I still need to know and I want justice.

I want Haleigh to be found. Wherever she is, that's not where she should be. From the beginning, the story, the 911 call, everything was wrong, something was off. Then after seeing how the family acted, I felt Haleigh needed someone in her corner. Ronald marrying Misty did it for me. I didn't trust either of them in the beginning and that farce of a marriage didn't ingratiate them with me. Unlike NG, I never found him sincere.

I know some people didn't trust Crystal S., but to me, she and her mother were the most sincere out of everyone. While Ron and Misty were out getting into trouble, Crystal was trying to look for her daughter while endangering her own health. Also, I thought she feared Ronald, was too frightened and didn't know enough to stand up for herself, as far as the children were concerned. So with all that in mind, I've been concerned for Haleigh, her little brother, their mother and grandmother.

Now that half of Satsuma is in jail, or out on bail (the Cummings and Croslin families), we know where the trouble lies. We were told this before, saw it in Ronald's arrest records, knew he was doing drugs, even with his denials, now there is proof on video. So why should we believe him about Haleigh? Why believe Misty, who hasn't told the truth since the beginning? Their fake tears remind me of Casey Anthony's.

I just think Haleigh needs someone on her team, thinking about her, praying for her. I hate the thought she's out somewhere in a most undignified manner and I think she needs to be brought back to her mom properly.

Justice for Haleigh.

I don't know how much LE reads these posts, but I do believe they come here-not so much for answers, but maybe to get an idea of what people are thinking. So, every time we post, I feel like someone, somewhere is reading, & I think our continued support does make a difference. Some day, when Jr. is older, he's gonna research his sister. & when he does, & comes across all of this, @ least he'll know that Haleigh wasn't forgotten, & that a lot of people really cared about her & justice for her. Because like an earlier poster said, thank the heavens for the internet, & yes, Nancy Grace, because they're the 2 main reasons that so many children aren't completely forgotten.

I still follow everything I can on Haleigh because she DESERVES it . She didn't ask to be brought in this world and whatever happened to her, she didn't ask for either . Yes, we all have theories on what may have happened. Some of us may be right on or surprisingly, the farthest from the truth . Regardless, children are the greatest blessing you can recieve and if I can't do anything else to help these missing children except to try and look for answers for them, at least I'll know in my heart that I and everyone here have done the best we can do to bring justice to Haleigh and her family .

The case is so bizarre and all of the players are so dysfunctional. I have to wonder if they will get away with it out of dumb luck. I look forward to a resolution in this case and to the day that the person(s) responsible realize they didn't get away with it.

At the very least, if the parents of these young, disappearing children due to negligence, won't watch out for them they need to realize that others will hold them responsible.

Thinking back over all of the high-profile cases that I have followed for the past 15+ years, I would have to say that my decision to stick with a particular case is determined by "closure" for the family of the missing and/or deceased individual. When a missing person is located or a body found, I tend to let go of my personal pursuit of justice and fairness and hope that the person or persons responsible will have their day in court and be dealt with according to the law.

For me, the case of HaLeigh Cummings has yet to be resolved because this child is missing and no remains have been located. I will continue to follow this case until HaLeigh is found alive and safe or her remains are located. I firmly believe that there are at least two people who know the whereabouts of this precious little girl and whether or not she is alive or deceased. I hope and pray that one of these individuals realizes very soon that it is in their best interest to break the current code of silence.

O/T--sorry I don't know where else to post, but I was reading a thread on Tommy's polygraph (linked to AH site) a short while ago and hit the refresh button and the entire thread is gone. Have I gone plum nuts?

I feel it is of the utmost importance that justice is served for Haleigh, Caylee, Trenton, Adji, Brandy H and all the other missing people in our world. It's not right that they just disappear off the face of the earth and the people surrounding the case lie, avoid, avert and play dumb. The perpetrators have the arrogance to think they will get away with it but with people like WS'ers seeking the truth and the desire to find them, there will be no rest, no stone unturned until some smidgeon of the truth is found. I, for one, would love to see a movement nationwide that changes penalties for cases such as these, making the most severe for crimes against children. I check everyday, sometimes several times a day to see what may be new in Haleigh's case. I'm hoping any day, one of Satsuma's incarcerated finest will finally tell the truth and let this child rest properly.

Haleigh is one of a few missing children that I watch closely. I follow because she deserves the attention. She deserves to have eyes and hearts watching. She deserves to be found and returned for a proper burial. She deserves justice. Bless her heart she never had a chance. Not one chance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back