What makes the JBR case fascinating to you?

Can you just imagine what it would have been like if John and Patsy had gone on trial for JonBenet's murder? I'm reading an article from Dec. 1997 and it says that there was a poll done asking the media if they would cover the JonBenet Ramsey murder trial (if it were to happen) and 160 media organizations said that they would. For comparison, 74 media outlets were covering the OK City bombing trial.

What holds my attention on this case is the fact that a child was brutally murdered in her own home. No one has been arrested but lots and lots of evidence supporting both theories exist. I also share the last name of the victim and was often asked if I knew them, was related, etc.

What holds my attention on this case is the fact that a child was brutally murdered in her own home. No one has been arrested but lots and lots of evidence supporting both theories exist. I also share the last name of the victim and was often asked if I knew them, was related, etc.

Are you?

I don't feel like making another topic for this but I thought it was interesting:

I was reading old posts about JonBenet on Google Groups from 1997-1999. I found a post from February 1997 where someone requested that a separate group be created specifically to discuss the JBR case. The request was refused on the basis that no one would be talking about the case 12 months from then. Well, here we are 15 years later, and there are still forums about the case. If you think about it, we are probably one of the most active forums on WS, which is even more impressive when you consider that there is nothing going on in this case, and our last news update was in October when Burke refused to be reinterviewed.

I find it fascinating because she was such a beautiful little girl who's own family most likely killed her. She had such shine and promise, a true light in a dark and scary world. It just hurts my heart that no one has ever been brought to justice for it. And seems like those left just aren't going to talk. She was killed and buried a long time ago in reality and in that family's hardened hearts, and for what? To cover abuse that would have made them look bad? Good thing they had enough money to avoid paying the price for such a selfish and outrageous situation that they perpetrated, coverd up, and let go on like a circus afterwards. It's such a sick, sad, twisted tragedy that still haunts me today. Makes me wonder what the Casey Anthony case would be like if her family had money like the Ramsey's, and Florida's LE was as inept as Boulder's.

It bothers me a lot with how overboard the Ramseys went with their coverup; I'm not talking about the ransom note but the garrote and the paintbrush. The autopsy photos are horrible and it just seems so messed up to do all that to your daughter (even if she was dead) just to save your reputation.

It bothers me a lot with how overboard the Ramseys went with their coverup; I'm not talking about the ransom note but the garrote and the paintbrush. The autopsy photos are horrible and it just seems so messed up to do all that to your daughter (even if she was dead) just to save your reputation.

And we have only seen SIX VERY CROPPED photos. There were many, many more-most much more graphic. The entire dissection is photographed every step of the process.

I find it fascinating because she was such a beautiful little girl who's own family most likely killed her. She had such shine and promise, a true light in a dark and scary world. It just hurts my heart that no one has ever been brought to justice for it. And seems like those left just aren't going to talk. She was killed and buried a long time ago in reality and in that family's hardened hearts, and for what? To cover abuse that would have made them look bad? Good thing they had enough money to avoid paying the price for such a selfish and outrageous situation that they perpetrated, coverd up, and let go on like a circus afterwards. It's such a sick, sad, twisted tragedy that still haunts me today. Makes me wonder what the Casey Anthony case would be like if her family had money like the Ramsey's, and Florida's LE was as inept as Boulder's.

My bold. That's exactly why I started that thread, Aedrys.

A lot of people can't get past that, elieen. More's the pity.

I always sleep with my television on and on one morning during what should have been a joyful season for a child I woke up to the news a child had been found dead in her own home on Christmas. My own child was close to JonBenet's age and it was heartbreaking to think such a thing was possible. I spent years following this case. I always thought, and still do, that it will be solved one day. All it takes is one person to say the right thing. It'll happen.

It's interesting because some people actually believe IDI, despite the overwhelming evidence, and logic, that points to RDI.

It's interesting for the sheer incompetence of the police.

It's interesting for the incompetence/conspiracy of the prosecutor's office.

It's interesting because it points out, once again, that there is one system of justice for the rich, and another for the rest of us.

I was hooked from the first moment I heard reports of the crime. I can remember it all very well, because on that Christmas of '96 I was literally just a few days away from giving birth to my first child. So I was resting and loafing on the couch, watching a lot of TV, including of course, CNN. I remember very well Patsy's shaking finger and "hold your babies tight" warning. From the first something did not sit right with me at all about the behavior of the Ramseys, and as a very young, expectant mom, i was horrified by the nature of the crime, and the creepy pageant footage that made it's way into the news.

Over the years I read Schillers and Thomas's books, followed a lot of the online discussion. I've pretty much always thought it was RDI, but I'm torn as to how and why. I'm not sure that Thomas's bedwetting rage theory flies, given the chronic sexual abuse findings. I could believe a late night rage on Patsy's part, with poor little Jonbenets head hitting against a bathroom fixture, but that doesn't expalain the abuse evidence, unless that could be attributed to rough wiping/cleaning by Patsy. I can also believe a horrified Patsy finding someone abusing JB, and bashing her accidentally, when she meant to bash the abuser - but this wouldn't explain participating in a cover up, unless once she turned on the lights, she found the abuser to be someone she loved - perhaps BR? Her father? JR? Though I'm not sure Patsy would cover for JR. I've probably held every RDI theory at one time or another. One thing I do think, is that if Patsy were somehow the cause, then it was an accident, or unintentional. I cannot see her harming her beloved daughter to the point of mortal injury deliberately; she poured her heart and soul into JB, overly so, and, it always seemed to me, to the detriment of BR. I can see her being angry, and even a little rough with JB over the toileting issues, but not deliberately violent.

So the mystery of how and why is fascinating and horrifying simultaneously, and because of the date of the crime, it's probably forever seared into my memory. As my oldest was born, a poor little girl, not much more than a baby herself, was being buried after suffering such a violent death. And At Christmastime. So strange and awful.

And it's so hard for me to believe that was almost 15 years ago now...seems just like yesterday!

Sorry for the novel, on this, my first JBR forum post. :)

I was hooked from the first moment I heard reports of the crime. I can remember it all very well, because on that Christmas of '96 I was literally just a few days away from giving birth to my first child. So I was resting and loafing on the couch, watching a lot of TV, including of course, CNN. I remember very well Patsy's shaking finger and "hold your babies tight" warning. From the first something did not sit right with me at all about the behavior of the Ramseys, and as a very young, expectant mom, i was horrified by the nature of the crime, and the creepy pageant footage that made it's way into the news.

Over the years I read Schillers and Thomas's books, followed a lot of the online discussion. I've pretty much always thought it was RDI, but I'm torn as to how and why. I'm not sure that Thomas's bedwetting rage theory flies, given the chronic sexual abuse findings. I could believe a late night rage on Patsy's part, with poor little Jonbenets head hitting against a bathroom fixture, but that doesn't expalain the abuse evidence, unless that could be attributed to rough wiping/cleaning by Patsy. I can also believe a horrified Patsy finding someone abusing JB, and bashing her accidentally, when she meant to bash the abuser - but this wouldn't explain participating in a cover up, unless once she turned on the lights, she found the abuser to be someone she loved - perhaps BR? Her father? JR? Though I'm not sure Patsy would cover for JR. I've probably held every RDI theory at one time or another. One thing I do think, is that if Patsy were somehow the cause, then it was an accident, or unintentional. I cannot see her harming her beloved daughter to the point of mortal injury deliberately; she poured her heart and soul into JB, overly so, and, it always seemed to me, to the detriment of BR. I can see her being angry, and even a little rough with JB over the toileting issues, but not deliberately violent.

So the mystery of how and why is fascinating and horrifying simultaneously, and because of the date of the crime, it's probably forever seared into my memory. As my oldest was born, a poor little girl, not much more than a baby herself, was being buried after suffering such a violent death. And At Christmastime. So strange and awful.

And it's so hard for me to believe that was almost 15 years ago now...seems just like yesterday!

Sorry for the novel, on this, my first JBR forum post. :)

Welcome and thank you for your post. Please, dont let it be your last, Jonbenet needs all the angels she can get. Looking forward to reading more from you...:greetings::wagon:

because it is such a white trash unsophisticated yet brutal crime with sexual overtones commited by sophisticated 'first timers' in their middle age with absolutely no hint of ANY previous deviant activity. I Will never get it.

It's interesting because some people actually believe IDI, despite the overwhelming evidence, and logic, that points to RDI.

It's interesting for the sheer incompetence of the police.

It's interesting for the incompetence/conspiracy of the prosecutor's office.

It's interesting because it points out, once again, that there is one system of justice for the rich, and another for the rest of us.

That one deserves a standing ovation! So here you go:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

because it is such a white trash unsophisticated yet brutal crime with sexual overtones commited by sophisticated 'first timers' in their middle age with absolutely no hint of ANY previous deviant activity. I Will never get it.

Me, neither, Badsleuth. And frankly, I think I'll sleep better NOT understanding it.

Welcome and thank you for your post. Please, dont let it be your last, Jonbenet needs all the angels she can get. Looking forward to reading more from you...:greetings::wagon:

Thank you for the warm welcome :)

I admit I've been reluctant to wade in on this board as I don't have the facts burned into memory as well as I used to, and I know it can be frustrating for regulars to rehash the same details over and over (though really, after all these years, I guess that would be pretty much every fact in the case!) Too many years of having young kids has done a job on my attention span and memory :crazy:

I will give it a whirl, though, because like you said, Jonbenet needs as many as she can get to speak for her. Most people have forgotten her, sadly.

I would love to see an experienced investigator take up the case, sort of like how Mark Furhman took up the Skakel/Moxley case after all those years. Just one strong advocate with skill and experience could be all it takes. There's still hope, at least to me, that this could be solved.

I admit I've been reluctant to wade in on this board as I don't have the facts burned into memory as well as I used to, and I know it can be frustrating for regulars to rehash the same details over and over (though really, after all these years, I guess that would be pretty much every fact in the case!) Too many years of having young kids has done a job on my attention span and memory :crazy:

I will give it a whirl, though, because like you said, Jonbenet needs as many as she can get to speak for her. Most people have forgotten her, sadly.

I would love to see an experienced investigator take up the case, sort of like how Mark Furhman took up the Skakel/Moxley case after all those years. Just one strong advocate with skill and experience could be all it takes. There's still hope, at least to me, that this could be solved.

IMO, If you said the name "JonBenet Ramsey" to someone, most people would know who you were talking about and if they didn't, it's more likely that they didn't know who she was in the first place. I agree that she isn't on most people's minds anymore but I don't think people have forgotten who she is, as the case tends to pop up in the national news every few months to 'remind' people about her.

IMO, If you said the name "JonBenet Ramsey" to someone, most people would know who you were talking about and if they didn't, it's more likely that they didn't know who she was in the first place. I agree that she isn't on most people's minds anymore but I don't think people have forgotten who she is, as the case tends to pop up in the national news every few months to 'remind' people about her.

And it will be popping up again! JR has his fictional book coming out.

Yes welcome Gardenlady.

No need to be reluctant, here at the JBR forum!
Reluctancy is the least of the issues. lol.

to rehash the same details over and over (though really, after all these years, I guess that would be pretty much every fact in the case!)

Yes. I could have never imagined how expansive the topic.

I need the rehash and reexamination. My memory fades over time,
and through discussion there is constantly something new and befudling to discover about the JBR case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemo1961
Back