What Punishment Should a Pedophile Receive for Sexually Abusing a Child?

What Punishment Should a Pedophile Receive for Sexually Abusing a Child

• Lethal injection

Votes: 80 6.8%
  • Medical castration and life without parole

Votes: 186 15.7%
  • Medical castration with intense therapy and a light prison term

Votes: 25 2.1%
  • Life in prison without parole

Votes: 194 16.4%
  • Life in prison with a chance of parole but only with medical castration

Votes: 95 8.0%
  • Life in prison with a chance of parole.

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • Long prison term with intense counseling then review for possible parole

Votes: 67 5.7%
  • Electric chair death

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • Death, any method that works.

Votes: 172 14.6%
  • Death - unless falsely accused

Votes: 31 2.6%
  • Blind them so they can never see a child again

Votes: 8 0.7%
  • The same punishment as the child did, then death

Votes: 41 3.5%
  • Torture....LOTS of brutal torture....then death.

Votes: 40 3.4%
  • all of the above

Votes: 47 4.0%
  • LWOP in general population

Votes: 60 5.1%
  • SURGICAL castration and LWOP!

Votes: 59 5.0%
  • Permanent psych ward stay

Votes: 13 1.1%
  • Verbatim Quote from BH 'Take him to a cabin in the woods, nail his balls to the floor and set the ca

Votes: 12 1.0%
  • Surgical castration, light prison sentence with psychotherapy

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • Surgical castration and a frontal lobotomy followed by LWOP

Votes: 9 0.8%

• Total voters
I am so sorry, you were let down so deeply. Seems as if the judge fell flat and failed you big time. Both you and your daughter. I hope she is doing better now? How could anyone do that to a child, to anyone. To their own :(

She is emotionally stunted to the age abuse began so my 14yr old is like a nine year old as far as maturity goes. Otherwise she is doing much much better having had lots and lots of therapy. Before trial she had four hospitalizations due to suicidal thoughts [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She is emotionally stunted to the age abuse began so my 14yr old is like a nine year old as far as maturity goes. Otherwise she is doing much much better having had lots and lots of therapy. Before trial she had four hospitalizations due to suicidal thoughts [emoji20]

Oh my. I am so, so sorry. How could he do that to his own, his daughter, his baby. Oh god. I'm sure you have been over this a million times. I hope she continues to grow, emotionally. A long, happy life is what is ahead of her, there is only darkness and pain for her abuser. My best friend was sexually abused by her father and while I do not want to change the topic off of it being your daughter, I want you to know, he died painfully, riddled will illnesses, and thats why I believe in karma. She is now married, has a beautiful baby boy and talks in schools and at conventions about sexual abuse and being aware etc. She found the light in her life eventually.

My inbox will forever be open if you ever need a place to vent into.

Oh my. I am so, so sorry. How could he do that to his own, his daughter, his baby. Oh god. I'm sure you have been over this a million times. I hope she continues to grow, emotionally. A long, happy life is what is ahead of her, there is only darkness and pain for her abuser. My best friend was sexually abused by her father and while I do not want to change the topic off of it being your daughter, I want you to know, he died painfully, riddled will illnesses, and thats why I believe in karma. She is now married, has a beautiful baby boy and talks in schools and at conventions about sexual abuse and being aware etc. She found the light in her life eventually.

That’s so kind of you! I think I’d be interested in speaking with you and seeing if your friend may be willing to speak with my daughter at some point. Perhaps seeing someone who has been through similar and has still made life all that she wanted it to be, could be healing and inspirational to her!
I’m unsure how to PM here in tapatalk could you message me?
And I hope he has the sorest butt in all of prison. I hope he suffers and lives with the shame he brought upon himself!
One thing that still bugs me is that trial transcripts are over $1k and I want to see his police interview. Wouldn’t change anything but I’m so curious.
I confronted him on a recorded phone call for 45min and the *advertiser censored* never once said he didn’t do it. He said instead, “I don’t THINK I did” I can’t imagine I did” “I don’t believe I did.” But when I asked if he did it to his other children too he quickly and angrily said “NO!!”
Ugh.
It’s time I probably seek counseling for myself as I haven’t done so as of yet and you are right, it affects me as well. There is a ton of guilt for not seeing signs even though there were literally NO SIGNS. But the guilt is still there regardless [emoji20]

That’s so kind of you! I think I’d be interested in speaking with you and seeing if your friend may be willing to speak with my daughter at some point. Perhaps seeing someone who has been through similar and has still made life all that she wanted it to be, could be healing and inspirational to her!
I’m unsure how to PM here in tapatalk could you message me?
And I hope he has the sorest butt in all of prison. I hope he suffers and lives with the shame he brought upon himself!
One thing that still bugs me is that trial transcripts are over $1k and I want to see his police interview. Wouldn’t change anything but I’m so curious.
I confronted him on a recorded phone call for 45min and the *advertiser censored* never once said he didn’t do it. He said instead, “I don’t THINK I did” I can’t imagine I did” “I don’t believe I did.” But when I asked if he did it to his other children too he quickly and angrily said “NO!!”
Ugh.
It’s time I probably seek counseling for myself as I haven’t done so as of yet and you are right, it affects me as well. There is a ton of guilt for not seeing signs even though there were literally NO SIGNS. But the guilt is still there regardless [emoji20]

I am SO sorry! I must have just signed out and missed your message, PM-ing you back right away!

Mine too. I'm a survivor of incestuous abuse.

I picked 'Medical castration and life without parole,' I'd also add some intense therapy to that too.

How ever, I was very tempted by the option nailing balls to a cabin floor and setting said cabin on fire. But what we we do about the women abusers?! The other answer was a bit more all-encompassing. ;)

Same treatment they did to the child....then Death..

I guess I'm the oddball of the group. I want them to suffer the same way as their victim did first, and then death, by any means. An eye for an eye.

This crime is about control over our most helpless victim, a child. It would be a pleasure to see these perps chained to a wall with big ole Bubba left in the cell with them for a few hours, with the guards turning their backs, and whatever Bubba didn't take care of, a bullet between the eyes would do just fine by me...
ITA with you,they should get same treatment back they did to that child,then they'll know how it feels..x

:idea: Okay, lots of peeps might think I'm going overboard, being sarcastic, or joking about this... but I think I've got a pretty good idea, here.
I want convicted sex offenders (CSO) to endure as much torture as their body, mind, and spirit can take without them dying....then let them heal enough to stand on their own (maybe move around a little bit)... and then they should be used for target practice. :bullseye:
I've even managed to come up with a few points to argue in favor of my idea. Anti-DP peeps won't like my plan, of course... but it's a good plan nonetheless.

My very close friend (he used to date my mother and is like a father figure to me) encouraged me to get my concealed weapons permit, taught me all about handgun safety, takes me to the firing range on a regular basis, and GAVE me a weapon and self defense ammunition. When we go to the range, he insists that I ONLY use a target that has a human silhouette drawn on it because he wants me to be AS PREPARED AS POSSIBLE if I am ever forced to defend myself with deadly force. :put em up:
He also told me that when young men in the military went to the firing range and they used plain, round targets they would have difficulty firing at a live, moving, human, enemy combatants. They started using silhouettes to get the men used to aiming their weapon and shooting at the human form. I'm sure it's hard to do no matter what type of practice you've had, no matter how long you've prepared, and no matter what kind of training you receive. However, realistic looking silhouettes prove to be very useful at the firing range. :soldier:
Now, here is the point I'm trying to make...
I think that using convicted pedophiles and convicted child molesters as HUMAN targets at the firing range would be the BEST way to take care of them. I have carefully thought about this and have come up with several valid arguments to support this idea.
First off, our prisons are overcrowded, tax dollars are spread thin, and the economy is in trouble. I'm not sure how much money per year goes to housing, feeding, clothing, or providing medical/mental health care for ONE convicted sex offender in one year, but I imagine that the cost multiplied by the number of years they'll spend in prison (should be their entire life, IMO) greatly exceeds the cost of a couple of bullets. I know ammunition has gotten expensive lately, but I still think that a couple rounds of ammo is cheaper that taking care of a sex offender for up to 80 years. Besides, the BRAVE MEN AND WOMEN who defend our country :yellow: are going to have to do target practice anyway... so it makes sense to put their target rounds to use. :highfive:
Money saved could be used for education, used to provide therapy and medical care for victims of sexual abuse, used to fund centers/shelters for battered women, used to aid in the search for missing children, used to help find/maintain permanent, safe, loving, homes for abused children, etc. :grouphug: Just think of HOW much money could be contributed to helping VICTIMS if we didn't spend it on taking care of the CSO.
In addition to saving money, practice with sex offenders as targets for military training would better prepare OUR BRAVE MEN AND WOMEN for combat. :usa: With more training, our Troops are better prepared to defend their lives in combat, so there will be fewer casualties. Protecting our troops should be much more important (and is much more beneficial to our country) than taking care of a CSO. Using a more realistic target would also prepare civilians to defend themselves against any potential attackers.
Finally, my plan removes ANY AND ALL chance that the CSO will re-offend.:thumb:

Helpful additions and constructive criticism welcome! :cheerful:
Harsh criticism and anti-DP arguments NOT very welcome, but probably unavoidable. :rolleyes:
OK... I'm going to hush now. :shutup:
Have a nice day, all! :blowkiss:
They could also be used in testings,instead of the innocent animals they use in their Lab's.

I believe these, I can't think of a word to use, maybe demons, should have the same thing done to them as they have done to their victims. I'm so very tired of hearing "innocent until proven guilty", especially when they're repeat offenders, I'm so tired of these demons becoming the victims and the victims forgotten about. I wish I knew how to get started on changing the laws to keep anyone who harms a child in anyway from doing it again, and again and again.
ITA

LOL...since over half the answers involve death, I wonder where that leaves simple serial murderers.

The problem I have with this poll is that sex offenses run the gamut from the 21 yo's with 17 yo's to the serial rapist/torturer/murderer like John Couey all the way to kids who play doctor at age 12 (yes, they are on the registry, though not on the Internet). Next, if we are only going to execute less than 1% of all murderers, it is prohibitively expensive to kill all sex offenders from a standpoint of ROI alone.

Better is the following:

1. All murderers should be executed, no matter or not if rape was involved.
2. All forcible rapes involving <18 should end up in LWOP. Period. No plea bargains. Important note: I purposeful said "forceful" rather than "consensual", because consent is a LEGAL definition, not an ACTUAL definition. Two parties can willingly have sex with each other, but it is not concensual if one of the parties is underage (or if both parties are underage, whatever laws constitute a crime at that point with regard to age difference).
3. Any rape of a minor, or non-consensual sex act of an adult, that occurs after a kidnapping act should end ip in LWOP. Period. No plea bargains.

An important note: If I catch the perp attacking my own child myself, he will not go through normal "justice" methods. I will kill him after torturing him and making him feel pain. This is not a threat, and frankly, I don't care about being caught. I don't say anything different than we all FEEL here; the difference is that I have the means to execute the process.

Having said that:

We come to the oodles of gray area as to punishments. For instance, I cannot for the life of me understand why the age of consent in ANY state be less than 18 years old for sex. It is ironic, for instance, that a 50 year old man can screw a 16 year old freshman or sophomore in high school in many states and be perfectly legal, while that 16 year old girl can have sex with a 15 year old boy and be labeled a Tier 3 predator. While both incidents are crimes, obviously we have no concept here. What I would propose is this:

1. Immediately force all states, through witholding of Byrne grants or similar funding mechanisms, to institute an 18-year-old age of consent minimum age. In addition, I would also institute a gradated method of punishment, so that would preclude 19 year olds with 17 year old girlfriends. I would probably use the 3 year and 4 year older rule: that is, 18 year olds can go with 15 year olds, 19 with 16, 20 with 16, and 21 with 17. In addition, make it a felony for teachers to have sex with any students under them, even if over 18, if they are in school. This includes any grooming that may have been performed.

This will eliminate about 30% of the registry. In addition, I"m not saying that kids should be allowed to have sex before 18 or before they are out of HS by any means; punishments can still be accorded, but not at the level of sex offender. They have started with Texting on this regard.

2. Federalize ALL sex offenses as they do for banking crimes. This way they can standardize the crimes through all 50 states and US territories.

3. Federalize the sex offender registry, and do not allow any private source to access the registry for their own purposes. The problem with private registries is that they are not accountable for mistakes, and in many cases they do not change as needed. For instance, an offender may move from a residence, then an innocent family move into that residence. When someone looks at a private registry and targets the house, they may hurt or kill an innocent person rather than the perv, and that would cause legal problems. Therefore, keeping the registry under strict accountability is key.

4. All sex offenses should result in the following:

a) Immediate separation of their children and any influence in their children's lives while registered.
b) If the crime is done to someone not in the family, an immediate seizure of all financial assets, including car, home, property, and bank accounts. Such financial assets should be distributed to court costs, sentencing costs, and incarceration costs; also to the victims, or if no victims such as internet stings or child *advertiser censored* involving unknown or fake children, distributed to victims' assistance groups. Only allow enough assets for legal defense of the crime charged for the initial trial; no money need be set aside for appeals. While technically the money cannot be seized until a guilty verdict is rendered, the control of such money can be prevented upon arrest.
c) Ease of divorce by spouse: Suspend any divorce roadblocks meant to keep families together. If spouse is not implicated in the crime, spouse gets complete supervision of children.

Upon conviction:

Sentencing should be done at the federal level, where there is no parole. They should create a special prison for sex offenders, as remote as possible, as harsh as conditions as humanely allowable for prisoners including hard labor (REAL "hard labor" involving intense physical work; not this legal crap such as Louisiana uses). The MINIMUM sentence for a first time offense is 5 years; but most offenses should be for 10 years or more.

For any sentence that involves release, a board shall convene to assess the actual release requirements for all offenders. As a minimum, each offender shall go through an intensive sex offender evaluation process (paid for by the seized assets). If offenders cannot pass it, then they need to go to a federal civil commitment center. Note that most of the people that currently go to them NOW would not get out of prison in the first place as their sentences will be decades, if not life (no parole in federal prison).

NOW, once they are released... we are not done!!

Instead of being released to the community, they are assessed a Tier Level for their sex offense, preferably along the lines of the current system of 15 years, 25 years, and lifetime. Once assessed, they go to a zone created specifically for RSO's, preferably in the center of Alaska or, if need be, within CONUS in the middle of the desert. TEchnically, these would not be jails or prisons, but highly, constitutionally monitored zones. Offenders would have to live in the zone. They would have to have approved jobs within the zone, and not be able to have access to Internet, alcohol, and other items detrimental to their being. They would live in barracks-like existence, and have to pay for their upkeep.

Prison? Nope. This would be EASY to set up, and yes, it can be done constitutionally. But the bottom line is that instead of coming up with sentences of death, and as I said earlier, I have no qualms of killing anyone who have hurt or abused my children.

What say?

NOTE: This post may be moved to its own thread by moderators. I only posted here because I cannot make my own thread, and this is the most appropriate location for this discussion for me to post at.
ITA
Good points in there..

LOL...since over half the answers involve death, I wonder where that leaves simple serial murderers.

The problem I have with this poll is that sex offenses run the gamut from the 21 yo's with 17 yo's to the serial rapist/torturer/murderer like John Couey all the way to kids who play doctor at age 12 (yes, they are on the registry, though not on the Internet). Next, if we are only going to execute less than 1% of all murderers, it is prohibitively expensive to kill all sex offenders from a standpoint of ROI alone.

Better is the following:

1. All murderers should be executed, no matter or not if rape was involved.
2. All forcible rapes involving <18 should end up in LWOP. Period. No plea bargains. Important note: I purposeful said "forceful" rather than "consensual", because consent is a LEGAL definition, not an ACTUAL definition. Two parties can willingly have sex with each other, but it is not concensual if one of the parties is underage (or if both parties are underage, whatever laws constitute a crime at that point with regard to age difference).
3. Any rape of a minor, or non-consensual sex act of an adult, that occurs after a kidnapping act should end ip in LWOP. Period. No plea bargains.

An important note: If I catch the perp attacking my own child myself, he will not go through normal "justice" methods. I will kill him after torturing him and making him feel pain. This is not a threat, and frankly, I don't care about being caught. I don't say anything different than we all FEEL here; the difference is that I have the means to execute the process.

Having said that:

We come to the oodles of gray area as to punishments. For instance, I cannot for the life of me understand why the age of consent in ANY state be less than 18 years old for sex. It is ironic, for instance, that a 50 year old man can screw a 16 year old freshman or sophomore in high school in many states and be perfectly legal, while that 16 year old girl can have sex with a 15 year old boy and be labeled a Tier 3 predator. While both incidents are crimes, obviously we have no concept here. What I would propose is this:

1. Immediately force all states, through witholding of Byrne grants or similar funding mechanisms, to institute an 18-year-old age of consent minimum age. In addition, I would also institute a gradated method of punishment, so that would preclude 19 year olds with 17 year old girlfriends. I would probably use the 3 year and 4 year older rule: that is, 18 year olds can go with 15 year olds, 19 with 16, 20 with 16, and 21 with 17. In addition, make it a felony for teachers to have sex with any students under them, even if over 18, if they are in school. This includes any grooming that may have been performed.

This will eliminate about 30% of the registry. In addition, I"m not saying that kids should be allowed to have sex before 18 or before they are out of HS by any means; punishments can still be accorded, but not at the level of sex offender. They have started with Texting on this regard.

2. Federalize ALL sex offenses as they do for banking crimes. This way they can standardize the crimes through all 50 states and US territories.

3. Federalize the sex offender registry, and do not allow any private source to access the registry for their own purposes. The problem with private registries is that they are not accountable for mistakes, and in many cases they do not change as needed. For instance, an offender may move from a residence, then an innocent family move into that residence. When someone looks at a private registry and targets the house, they may hurt or kill an innocent person rather than the perv, and that would cause legal problems. Therefore, keeping the registry under strict accountability is key.

4. All sex offenses should result in the following:

a) Immediate separation of their children and any influence in their children's lives while registered.
b) If the crime is done to someone not in the family, an immediate seizure of all financial assets, including car, home, property, and bank accounts. Such financial assets should be distributed to court costs, sentencing costs, and incarceration costs; also to the victims, or if no victims such as internet stings or child *advertiser censored* involving unknown or fake children, distributed to victims' assistance groups. Only allow enough assets for legal defense of the crime charged for the initial trial; no money need be set aside for appeals. While technically the money cannot be seized until a guilty verdict is rendered, the control of such money can be prevented upon arrest.
c) Ease of divorce by spouse: Suspend any divorce roadblocks meant to keep families together. If spouse is not implicated in the crime, spouse gets complete supervision of children.

Upon conviction:

Sentencing should be done at the federal level, where there is no parole. They should create a special prison for sex offenders, as remote as possible, as harsh as conditions as humanely allowable for prisoners including hard labor (REAL "hard labor" involving intense physical work; not this legal crap such as Louisiana uses). The MINIMUM sentence for a first time offense is 5 years; but most offenses should be for 10 years or more.

For any sentence that involves release, a board shall convene to assess the actual release requirements for all offenders. As a minimum, each offender shall go through an intensive sex offender evaluation process (paid for by the seized assets). If offenders cannot pass it, then they need to go to a federal civil commitment center. Note that most of the people that currently go to them NOW would not get out of prison in the first place as their sentences will be decades, if not life (no parole in federal prison).

NOW, once they are released... we are not done!!

Instead of being released to the community, they are assessed a Tier Level for their sex offense, preferably along the lines of the current system of 15 years, 25 years, and lifetime. Once assessed, they go to a zone created specifically for RSO's, preferably in the center of Alaska or, if need be, within CONUS in the middle of the desert. TEchnically, these would not be jails or prisons, but highly, constitutionally monitored zones. Offenders would have to live in the zone. They would have to have approved jobs within the zone, and not be able to have access to Internet, alcohol, and other items detrimental to their being. They would live in barracks-like existence, and have to pay for their upkeep.

Prison? Nope. This would be EASY to set up, and yes, it can be done constitutionally. But the bottom line is that instead of coming up with sentences of death, and as I said earlier, I have no qualms of killing anyone who have hurt or abused my children.

What say?

NOTE: This post may be moved to its own thread by moderators. I only posted here because I cannot make my own thread, and this is the most appropriate location for this discussion for me to post at.
Brilliant

It's a very simple answer for me.
Open Alcatraz back up and send them there. Until they die. If, before they die, their sexual frustrations, or control/power urges take over and gets the better of them, then they can release it it on each other any time they wish (I'm sure that's better for them than nothing) and the little innocent people of this world will be safe from their revolting behaviours.
Absolutely agree with you on that one.make sure its always surrounded by sharks

I'm so sorry to be reading about this,I wish you and your daughter find peace..x

Obviously offenders should serve a significant prison sentence, but after that? Medication, perhaps. More research should be done to develop medication(s) that target their compulsions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back