What The Hell Is Going On Here??????????

The sentence that I have marked in red, ...says alot in my book. Like she saw alot of things that didn't quite add up...and then, after she saw him..it all made sense. (Implying...imo..that he knew SOMETHING).

I agree Ames. I just wish we knew everything that Arndt observed. She didn't just decide John was involved because she wanted to. I wish she'd write her book. Have you read her interview made after Patsy died? I wish I'd saved the link. That interview sounded, in my opinion, as if Patsy had given her more clues that if put in the right hands could solve the case. If true, surely, surely Arndt turned that information over to the BPD.

P.S. I do agree with an earlier post here (I forget who posted it) that Patsy gave Arndt the necessary information to protect Patsy's image if need be. I decipher that as Patsy gave Arndt information to use against someone if that someone tried to "frame" Patsy. So, if my speculation here is correct, was Patsy being truthful or being cagey?

I agree Ames. I just wish we knew everything that Arndt observed. She didn't just decide John was involved because she wanted to. I wish she'd write her book. Have you read her interview made after Patsy died? I wish I'd saved the link. That interview sounded, in my opinion, as if Patsy had given her more clues that if put in the right hands could solve the case. If true, surely, surely Arndt turned that information over to the BPD.

I sure hope that she would have turned it over. But, it seems that everyone else in Boulder is afraid to speak up, for some reason. Maybe they are afraid that they might meet the same fate as JonBenét. I wished that she would hurry up and write that book too...I thought that it had already been written, but hasn't been published yet. She needs to GET ON WITH IT!

I sure hope that she would have turned it over. But, it seems that everyone else in Boulder is afraid to speak up, for some reason. Maybe they are afraid that they might meet the same fate as JonBenét. I wished that she would hurry up and write that book too...I thought that it had already been written, but hasn't been published yet. She needs to GET ON WITH IT!

Depending on how strong the information is that she has, I'd speculate she might be afraid she'd get sued for defamation via libel. Of course, if she has incontrovertible evidence ...... no telling what might happen.

I also forgot that the DA's office is in charge of the investigation since, what, the year 2000???? That pretty much leaves BPD out of the loop unless specifically called on. Arndt may just be sitting on what she knows. Who could really blame her.

There are two things that make me wary of Linda Arndt's comments.

First, John is revealing a dead JonBenet to the public for the first time. What Linda Arndt is seeing in his eyes could be his way of coping with this. If you consider the PDI theory, John is having to deal with JonBenet being dead and the work he has to do to help Patsy. If he had not done it, wouldn't there be great anger in his eyes?

Second, Linda Arndt had all morning to read these people. At 1PM she still appears to be clueless. If she had one iota of ability to read people she would not have asked John to search the house.

There are two things that make me wary of Linda Arndt's comments.

First, John is revealing a dead JonBenet to the public for the first time. What Linda Arndt is seeing in his eyes could be his way of coping with this. If you consider the PDI theory, John is having to deal with JonBenet being dead and the work he has to do to help Patsy. If he had not done it, wouldn't there be great anger in his eyes?

Second, Linda Arndt had all morning to read these people. At 1PM she still appears to be clueless. If she had one iota of ability to read people she would not have asked John to search the house.

I know it is easy to say what a person should have or should not have done, but what Arndt let happen at that house is inexcusable. This was not her first case. She was not in the South Bronx rying to control gang members in an apartment. She is in Boulder. A child is missing. She has two other couples and the reverend to keep in one room. What does she do, loses John's whereabouts for some two hours, she has John search the house again, and at the end of all of this decides to sue because she feels she is a scapegoat. And to a certain degree she was because she was left alone, but she can just own that mess she made as far as I am concerned. How dare she let John go searching the house without a police officer. And how dare she cover JonBenet

I have to say it had to make John nervous to see Fleet White writing down every little thing. No wonder he cut him loose quickly.

You know everything fits that these two are involved in their daughter's death right down to their naming Fleet White and his wife.

I'll be the first to say Arndt made some rookie errors in handling that case but what did she see that was out of order or suspicious?

Albert, I'd be afraid to speculate about why John acted as he did. I think he probably wasn't as capable as might be expected. I suspect he was good at delegating things to people who could take a job and run with it (in the right direction) and that he had good luck at a time computer programs and distributorships were on the rise. In other words, he knew to hire people that could get the job done and make himself look good. :D

P.S. - Speaking of incompetence, have you seen what is going on this week with Mary Lacy and the Boulder DA office? Sheesh ...

Are you saying that since the pineapple was left on the table instead of being returned to the refrigerator it suggests something happened during or shortly after JonBenet ate the pineapple, and in the hub-bub the Ramseys forgot to put the pineapple and tea glass away? Otherwise, I don't understand how eating a bedtime snack infers anything except proving Patsy and John lied about JonBenet being asleep when they arrived home and her being put straight to bed. I always assumed Patsy left the mess for the housekeeper to clean up, which Linda H-P has stated Patsy often did.

I agree, the JDI theory is as good as the PDI theory, except the public doesn't have access to all the evidence. That limits the public's choices if we use Steve Thomas's book for information (and I do). On the other hand, Linda Arndt told Elizabeth Vargas in a television interview that she believed the moment John brought JonBenet up to the living room everything at the scene that she'd noticed earlier that was strange fell into place. She knew John did it. I also give Arndt's statement weight.

I can't see Patsy protecting John unless they were both involved in whatever happened that killed JonBenet. I also can not dismiss Steve Thomas's theory since he had access to information I don't have access to. Thomas also said he and Lou Smit argued back and forth between Patsy Did It and an Intruder Did It. No where was John mentioned. Linda Arndt is the only professional who has spoken out in favor of the JDI theory and I suspect she had good reasons to believe that although none of it has been made public.

BOESP,
What I am suggesting is that you do not snack pineapple late at night if you intend to turn in early to bed? Eating a snack offers many inferences, one of which is that mother and daughter were on good terms since snack time was shared?

You may be correct and ironically Patsy's lazy habits have offered us confirmation that JonBenet was awake and walking about when they said she was asleep in bed.

I'll be the first to say Arndt made some rookie errors in handling that case but what did she see that was out of order or suspicious?

I'd be afraid to speculate about why John acted as he did. I think he probably wasn't as capable as might be expected. I suspect he was good at delegating things to people who could take a job and run with it (in the right direction) and that he had good luck at a time computer programs and distributorships were on the rise. In other words, he knew to hire people that could get the job done and make himself look good. :D

P.S. - Speaking of incompetence, have you seen what is going on this week with Mary Lacy and the Boulder DA office? Sheesh ...

A changing of the incompetent guard I hear.

A changing of the incompetent guard I hear.

Do the people of Boulder just sit back and let this stuff happen? Good gracious!

Seriously, are there people in Boulder who think an Intruder killed JonBenet? Why would they think that?

I thought elections were only rigged in the South (just kidding) :innocent:.

Do the people of Boulder just sit back and let this stuff happen? Good gracious!

Seriously, are there people in Boulder who think an Intruder killed JonBenet? Why would they think that?

I thought elections were only rigged in the South (just kidding) :innocent:.

I would have thought there would have been a smidgen of an uproar over the Jason Midyette case.

Speaking of people in Colorado, whatever happened to Coloradokares? I knew she had some health issues, but thought she was doing OK. I haven't seen her post in a long time.

Speaking of people in Colorado, whatever happened to Coloradokares? I knew she had some health issues, but thought she was doing OK. I haven't seen her post in a long time.

I have wondered that myself. CK where ARE you? We hope that you are doing okay!

Who actually took it and why on earth virtually drape her with a rope? Was it taken by her usual photographer, or by a family member? The headline from the unknown magazine states that it is linked to Patsy Ramsey, but it appears to be professionally posed.

If memory serves, that set-up was chosen and overseen by Patsy, but photographed by a pro.

Hmmmm...are you giving us a little hint there, John?? Of COURSE it was a woman's handwriting. Even JOHN thinks there are some similarities in the author of the RN handwriting, and Patsy's handwriting. Ok....gee....an intruder that breaks into someones home, and kills their daughter, and they just HAPPEN to have a similiar handwriting as the mother of the murdered child. Hmmm..now what are the odds???

Yeah, isn't that interesting? Maybe John was hedging his bets.

A day after their daughter was brutally murderd and the BPDopes were hounding them. No evidence, no motive, a woman tranqullised and sedated yet still they only focused on them. Why?

Completely false. Even John claimed in Tracey's first crock that it wasn't until the third day that the police made any attempt to "focus" on them.

No evidence? Don't make me laugh.

Only on them? I guess the 600+ people looked at don't exist. I can furnish an interview with Jeff Merrick, if you like.

Check through the documents involved with the case and you will find that the Ramsey's cooperated a lot more than you may think.

Even if true, that can't be too much.

Yeah, as if he would show himself up. As for your 'circumstantial evidence' if there was any substance in either the note or the physical evidence, they would have been charged.

Oh, yeah? There's such a thing as having to prove which one did what, you know. Pete Hofstrom even said, "so what if she wrote the note? It doesn't prove she killed her." Sadly, he's right. A lot of people say whoever wrote the note is the killer, but that ain't necessarily so.

Hmm, there is something not right here, is there not? Two detectives giving different opinions. One is indicating that it could be pineapple, whilst the other, is stating that it is definetely pineapple. Who are we to believe?

I don't suppose you're aware that the English language contains a lot of nuances, subdivided by geography?

I mean, it cannot be Lou Smit can it? - he is a Ramsey friend. By saying that, he would not be helping their cause, one little bit.

Since he's giving John a chance to clear it up and will most likely accept anything he tells him, I'd say it's a big help.

I really cannot understand all this fuss, over crudely drawn heart. Kids write or draw on their hands, arms, legs etc, all the time. I know I did and I bet that you all did also.

Then why not just say so? The first day she described the heart clearly. The next day, she said she never even saw it.

That is strange, I don't see any reference to either.

Actually, Haney DOES in fact refer to the prior genital trauma. Here you go:

HANEY: Are you aware that there had been prior vaginal intrusion on JonBenet?

PATSY: No, I am not. Prior to the night she was killed?

Haney: Correct.

Pleased to help out.

It is a real mystery, that despite this 'case solving evidence' he suggested that they had ... she was never charged.

Not really, what with a DA who wouldn't even take a case to trial unless he had a signed confession and the proverbial busload of nuns as eyewitnesses.

It was you assuming that he was refering to the jacket fibres Solace. He did not say what this 'mystery evidence' was, he just indicated that it was highly significant and that it was enough bring charges. None were brought, so he was obviously lying.

No, it isn't obvious. He just meant that it would be enough anywhere but Boulder.

Albert, I'd be afraid to speculate about why John acted as he did. I think he probably wasn't as capable as might be expected. I suspect he was good at delegating things to people who could take a job and run with it (in the right direction) and that he had good luck at a time computer programs and distributorships were on the rise. In other words, he knew to hire people that could get the job done and make himself look good. :D

Yes!! Shaking my head sadly!!

I am here. Was I getting to quiet? So is a stick of dynamite... till it blows up Watch out IDI's everywhere!!! I get dangerous when I have been to quiet. HA HA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back