What "visuals" might the State use to present evidence to the Jurors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AL has stated in some of her seminars.....(please visit the AL thread for links to all those posted) that she prepares jurors for photos by apologizing for their having to look at such disturbing images. She builds the photos up to be much worse so that when they are finally provided, that they do not seem as bad as the juror may have expected. She in essence attempts to desensitize the jurors so that the "impact" of the photos is diminished.

This is going to sound awful. I can't even believe I'm going to say (type) it. But I think the jurors in this trial are actually a bit lucky. When they are shown the autopsy photos (which is pretty much a given!) they will be seeing bones. No blood & gore like Nicole Brown Simpson & Ronald Goldman, no drowned bodies like Susan Smith's boys...just bones. I think this will lessen the impact of the photos to some extent, but hopefully they got good photos of the remains with the vegetation growing through it to show how long it had been there.

While the pictures of the remains won't be as gory, I think that a picture of a tiny skull with hair (ponytail?) and three pieces of duct tape covering most of the face will make a strong impact on the jury.

I know a visual they are going to use, the text messages on a presentation. They are compelling.[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX-0bfuneak[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmixlqaEsSo[/ame]

If the jury sees the jailhouse visits, it is over.[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t53aavEh_To[/ame]

Plant roots growing up through the bones.... well what a visual that would be. When those photos and findings are discussed by the experts it is going to be very strong evidence of how long that little Angel's body was in those woods. I do not envy the jury. This is going to be brutal on them all. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbMPVJwpONI[/ame]View attachment entemology.pdf Entemology and Autopsy reports

View attachment caylee.anthony.autopsy.pdf

AL has stated in some of her seminars.....(please visit the AL thread for links to all those posted) that she prepares jurors for photos by apologizing for their having to look at such disturbing images. She builds the photos up to be much worse so that when they are finally provided, that they do not seem as bad as the juror may have expected. She in essence attempts to desensitize the jurors so that the "impact" of the photos is diminished.
Somehow, I would expect that from her....as that would be her so-called "job" I guess... but I pray that the jury are compassionate human beings and will be able to see just what this monster did to her baby. I just don't think that she will be able to provide any type of "prep talk" that will be able to soften the impact, that the autopsy and crime scene photos will have on the jury... JMOO

I bet the jurors get a shop visit to smell that trunk!! JB will fight it, but I think they'll see the car in person.

Yes, it would be a good way for the Prosecution "to drive the point home" to give the jurors a "real sense"(couldn't help the pun) to go with other evidence and the given testimony of experts and the A's themselves.

So do you think they would have both testimony from experts, photos and a road trip to visit the car so the jury could both see and smell the car?

I hope so, wouldn't that be just GRAND!

There is no doubt in my mind that I wouldn't be a good person to be on the jury for a trial like this.

I suppose I could swear I would come into the trial with a clean slate ..er..mind, but as I hear all the evidence the SA has, I'd then be looking at the Defense to disprove it. Each time I know I'd say - epic fail - and by the time we go into the jury room to discuss, I'd be so pizzed, I'd steam roller over anyone who even suggested she was innocent.

I'd be using bad language, my outside voice - everything! Tsk, Tsk!

Respectfully copied from WS Frye Hearings thread as I felt they were relevant here as well:

pg 2 post #50 by Jomo
"The defense might also try to challenge the digital photo enhancement of the "body-shaped" depression in the trunk. That is still a very new and questionable science. Manipulating digital evidence is tricky!"

And Marina2 responded post #51
"This is a very interesting subject. Digital enhancement of photos have passed the Frye test in Florida. Check out this case where palm prints found on duct tape that were deemed "no value" due to blurring and smudging were digitally enhanced and accepted in evidence after a Frye hearing.

http://www.fdiai.org/articles/Photo Finish.pdf

Snipped from article:

"At the end of the Frye Hearing, the judge stated that the prosecution's expert witnesses had demonstrated that the process of digital enhancement does not change the basic image; and that the process of digital-image enhancement of fingerprints is used and accepted throughout the forensic community. On October 21, 2002, the judge ruled that both the evidence and the testimony of the expert witnesses were admissible and that the trial could proceed."

And Reagan post #53
"I doubt the Pros will mention that part during the trial. Sure, the jury will be shown pictures of the trunk, and the stain, but the jury wont be allowed to hear speculation about what 2 or so lab techs thought they saw.

It's the kitties and skulls all over again. Not admissible."

One of the FBI internal emails made it clear that the SA planned to do a 3D reconstruction of Caylee's head showing the placement of the duct tape.

..present the jury with a box of pizza, that has been in a car trunk in the heat for 19 days.

..have them smell it.

..it will smell like 19 day old hot dried up pizza.

..present the jury with a box of pizza, that has been in a car trunk in the heat for 19 days.

..have them smell it.

..it will smell like 19 day old hot dried up pizza.

One of the news stations did that exact thing. And that was the result - dehydrated, cardboard like pizza that smelled like pizza. Interestingly, it was soon after one of the numerous times Cindy embarrassed herself yelling at the media, telling them to put pizza in a trunk and see what it smells like. I hope the Anthonys are prosecuted after the trial.

One of the news stations did that exact thing. And that was the result - dehydrated, cardboard like pizza that smelled like pizza. Interestingly, it was soon after one of the numerous times Cindy embarrassed herself yelling at the media, telling them to put pizza in a trunk and see what it smells like. I hope the Anthonys are prosecuted after the trial.

..that's interesting, i hadn't heard that.

..i also tried it myself------yep, smelled like dried up pizza, plus the smell of the box.

..and there were no maggots either.

One of the FBI internal emails made it clear that the SA planned to do a 3D reconstruction of Caylee's head showing the placement of the duct tape.

Thank You JWG! You made my day! I believe this will be the final nail in KC's coffin. Given the size of a small 3 year old child's face - I have always maintained the 3 pieces of overlapping duct tape covered her little nose and mouth. This visual will be worth more than 1000 words, IMO. If you have a link JWG - I would be so happy to see it. (not that I am doubting you at all).

2:30 and 3:30. :truce: The beginning and ending is best at representing the true Casey IMO.

5:07 Can't get any creepier than that. She has earned the nickname "Creepy Casey" as far as I am concerned.

UGGHH...THAT VOICE...... I just can't take it....she makes me wanna :puke:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member